Hydaelyn Role-Players
Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things. (/showthread.php?tid=547)

Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things. - Lunaticked - 09-04-2010

/tell Fkzthls Tllkjsa
*tell sent...reply recieved...retypes complicated name every single time*

And even having to type /party every time I want to talk in team is incredibly inefficient.

Are there shortcuts to streamline these processes that I have not stumbled across yet?

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Rhio - 09-04-2010

/chatmode will allow you to set the default chatmode, so /chatmode party will set you to party speak by default.

I've not yet played much with the /tell feature. (Or at least, not with the auto-reply.)

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Asyria - 09-04-2010

If you keep the Social list open (admittedly annoying if you want to do anything else at all) you really just have to keep hitting Enter.
One thing that could be tried is /chatmode tell firstname lastname but I somehow doubt it would work?

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Rhio - 09-04-2010

Asyria Wrote:One thing that could be tried is /chatmode tell firstname lastname but I somehow doubt it would work?

Should work just fine, it's a documented function of the command. Typing /chatmode tell without specifying a name will just return the currently set chat mode.

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Asyria - 09-04-2010

I feel smart, now. ^^

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - foxfirestorm - 09-04-2010

/t <first name> <last name> <message> = For tells
/p <message> = For Parties
/l maybe /ls = for Linkshells (have yet to get one)
/sh <message> = Shouts
/s <message> = Says
/em <message> = Emotes

also if you hit space bar, then press the up arrow key, you can move up past text messages you sent. It is the fastest way I know of how to reply to someone at current.

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Trizzip - 09-04-2010

foxfirestorm Wrote:/t <first name> <last name> <message> = For tells
/p <message> = For Parties
/l maybe /ls = for Linkshells (have yet to get one)
/sh <message> = Shouts
/s <message> = Says
/em <message> = Emotes

also if you hit space bar, then press the up arrow key, you can move up past text messages you sent. It is the fastest way I know of how to reply to someone at current.

Wow.....so it's exactly like XI huh? That's cool. At least I feel famlier with that part of the game when March gets here.

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Lunaticked - 09-04-2010

The fact that home does not bring me back to the start of my text is driving me up the damn wall. My brain CANNOT adapt to the fact that the home key does not do what it has done in every computer program in the history of the universe.

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Trizzip - 09-04-2010

Lunaticked Wrote:The fact that home does not bring me back to the start of my text is driving me up the damn wall. My brain CANNOT adapt to the fact that the home key does not do what it has done in every computer program in the history of the universe.

You can blame us no good PS2/PS3'ers for that Tongue kekekeke

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Lunaticked - 09-04-2010

Brin Ahlrine Wrote:
Lunaticked Wrote:The fact that home does not bring me back to the start of my text is driving me up the damn wall. My brain CANNOT adapt to the fact that the home key does not do what it has done in every computer program in the history of the universe.

You can blame us no good PS2/PS3'ers for that Tongue kekekeke

That doesn't excuse them from making the PC version more intuitive. I love the combat gameplay, but when it comes to the UI functions other than that, it is ceaselessly frustrating that they can't do something the simplest of Korean grind MMOs have managed to accomplish.

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - Kylin - 09-04-2010

To reply to a tell, you can hit spacebar and then ctrl + R (thanks Jakky!). Unfortunately, this is only working for me after I've sent that person a tell at least once beforehand manually.

Re: Chat shortcuts? Do any exist? Tired of typing out things - foxfirestorm - 09-04-2010

Castiel Wrote:To reply to a tell, you can hit spacebar and then ctrl + R (thanks Jakky!). Unfortunately, this is only working for me after I've sent that person a tell at least once beforehand manually.

Awesome! So they did add the Reply buttons!
I heard they were, but they never told us the key structure.
Sweet!

I wonder if its intelligent like FF11s was though. >.>

Yeah, that drives me nuts at times as well, that you have to use the backspace, or shift + <-- in order to get stuff deleted. At least you can copy/paste stuff into the text.. >_>

@Lunaticked
I think Home's not working as it should because it's used in priority by the game to bring up the Menu. If you can change that key to another key, maybe Home would then work as intended?

@Castiel
Yay! Replies!

Seeing how SE is bringing back the same key structure from XI (although not all commands may not yet be activated) it still might be a good idea to post up a whole list of commands from XI so that folks not familiar with XI's controls can test the waters a little better so to speak.

EDIT: Ah....already found a good one. ZAM's command list for FFXI