Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Looking to make friends, But too shy! (/showthread.php?tid=5505)

Pages: 1 2 3

Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Poet - 11-15-2013

I figured this would be a fun way to actually see if I can get an opinion how to step outside my little shy bubble. Which I have slowly done on the forums.. and by slowly I mean at a turtles pace.

Anyways, onto the ordeal.

I've got two characters, whom I adore to role play.Yet, I'm too shy to even commence a hello. Now, I understand it's the whole 'New to the community' thing. But, I find it so challenging to even type or /wave to anyone without a slight fear. I know many of us have been in the same boat, once upon a time. But, it's making me so stupidly insecure about my characters. Anybody ever get that way in a new environment?

Any advice for a lone wanderer on how to escape this bubble? 

Show Content

[sup]Also, if you see me in game on Poet Or'ahile or Viviti Vivi.. Please, don't hesitate to toss a hearty hello! I don't bite, promise![/sup]

RE: Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Siha - 11-15-2013

I would love to roleplay with you sometime, Siha is pretty outgoing so it's very possible she would initiate some interaction depending on what your character is up to! She might even just end up wanting to sketch them! Where do you usually hang around?

RE: Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Poet - 11-15-2013

(11-15-2013, 01:47 PM)Moxxi Wrote: I would love to roleplay with you sometime, Siha is pretty outgoing so it's very possible she would initiate some interaction depending on what your character is up to! She might even just end up wanting to sketch them! Where do you usually hang around?

Well, currently it's Gridania. Old or New. Poets more towards the Bontanist area and Vivi is just everywhere.

RE: Looking to make friends, But too shy! - K'nahli - 11-15-2013

(11-15-2013, 01:58 PM)Poet Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 01:47 PM)Moxxi Wrote: I would love to roleplay with you sometime, Siha is pretty outgoing so it's very possible she would initiate some interaction depending on what your character is up to! She might even just end up wanting to sketch them! Where do you usually hang around?

Well, currently it's Gridania. Old or New. Poets more towards the Bontanist area and Vivi is just everywhere.

I have a hyur who is very friendly and "casual" about everything so even the most silliest forms of small talk wouldn't bother him I guess, he'd understand that she is nervous(I am guessing she is too from your title) so it could help both ICly and OOCly? ^^ ;  I am quite shy about such things myself but not to the same extent.

Totally up to you however. My characters could easily be perceived as boring -o-

(11-15-2013, 02:01 PM)K Wrote:

I have a hyur who is very friendly and "casual" about everything so even the most silliest forms of small talk wouldn't bother him I guess, he'd understand that she is nervous(I am guessing she is too from your title) so it could help both ICly and OOCly? ^^ ;  I am quite shy about such things myself but not to the same extent.

Totally up to you however. My characters could easily be perceived as boring -o-

That'd be awesome. I'm glad to see I'm not the only shy one around here; even if you're fresh to the community or not. But to answer you're estimation. Yes, Poet is a nervous nancy.

(11-15-2013, 02:04 PM)Poet Wrote: That'd be awesome. I'm glad to see I'm not the only shy one around here; even if you're fresh to the community or not. But to answer you're estimation. Yes, Poet is a nervous nancy.

Not quite new but I haven't RP'd a ton yet partly for the same reasons ^^/

(11-15-2013, 02:11 PM)K Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 02:04 PM)Poet Wrote: That'd be awesome. I'm glad to see I'm not the only shy one around here; even if you're fresh to the community or not. But to answer you're estimation. Yes, Poet is a nervous nancy.

Glad to know the feeling is mutual then. :3

(11-15-2013, 02:22 PM)Poet Wrote:

This will be a deadly battle of neither of us being able to initiate conversation.

(11-15-2013, 02:38 PM)K Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 02:22 PM)Poet Wrote:

This will be a deadly battle of neither of us being able to initiate conversation.

I shall challenge this! We will fisty cuffs at dawn! giggles

RE: Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Faye - 11-15-2013

I completely understand the feeling! However, I usually ask myself, "What's the worst that could happen?" No one will yell at you for saying hello, and if they do, they're no one worth conversing with anyway. You may be ignored, but in that event someone's either likely busy or doesn't realize you are talking to them. But if things go well... you'll have made a new friend! That being said, don't be shy to say hello if you see me around Smile

TL;DR: If you tell someone hello you'll either make a new friend or you won't; no loss either way!

RE: Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Siha - 11-15-2013

I'm sure we'll run into each other then, Siha is going to be in heaven when she gets to Gridania with all of the new things she can draw. I think she'll enjoy just being near water again, not that she doesn't like Uldah but it's a bit jarring after you've lived in Limsa for your entire life.

(11-15-2013, 03:00 PM)Faye Wrote: I completely understand the feeling! However, I usually ask myself, "What's the worst that could happen?" No one will yell at you for saying hello, and if they do, they're no one worth conversing with anyway. You may be ignored, but in that event someone's either likely busy or doesn't realize you are talking to them. But if things go well... you'll have made a new friend! That being said, don't be shy to say hello if you see me around Smile

TL;DR: If you tell someone hello you'll either make a new friend or you won't; no loss either way!

I saw your character recently, emoted a few times and took some screenshots but there was no response ;w;  Faye has no time for lowly peasants *falls dramatically*

RE: Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Tobias Nightbringer - 11-15-2013

Aww, don't be shy! I hope our characters will get to RP together soo--oh wait Tongue

Poet is very adorable and cute, so I am sure very soon you'll have all the RPs! xD

Now as for actual advice, I usually just see who is online here, toss them a tell in-game OOC, quick introduction and see where it takes me. Oooor make this kinda thread and make ALL THE FRIENDS! Thumbsup

Oh and K'nahli: 
(11-15-2013, 03:54 PM)K Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 03:00 PM)Faye Wrote: I completely understand the feeling! However, I usually ask myself, "What's the worst that could happen?" No one will yell at you for saying hello, and if they do, they're no one worth conversing with anyway. You may be ignored, but in that event someone's either likely busy or doesn't realize you are talking to them. But if things go well... you'll have made a new friend! That being said, don't be shy to say hello if you see me around Smile

TL;DR: If you tell someone hello you'll either make a new friend or you won't; no loss either way!

I saw your character recently, emoted a few times and took some screenshots but there was no response ;w;  Faye has no time for lowly peasants *falls dramatically*

Just whisper this to Faye IC 

Show Content
Instant RP right there! Tongue

RE: Looking to make friends, But too shy! - Keru / E'ir - 11-15-2013

Hallo I have Keru who is almost always going to gridania, He's trying to expand and make friends. So a somewhat socially awkward miqo'te. He is quits a nice person once you get past the awkward. Random Rp I love it but I still never know how exactly how to start it cause he's shy. I would love to get to know some more lalafell cause they're sooo adorable. Feel free to /tell Keru Lowry

(11-15-2013, 05:08 PM)Tobias Nightbringer Wrote: Oh and K'nahli: 
(11-15-2013, 03:54 PM)K Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 03:00 PM)Faye Wrote: I completely understand the feeling! However, I usually ask myself, "What's the worst that could happen?" No one will yell at you for saying hello, and if they do, they're no one worth conversing with anyway. You may be ignored, but in that event someone's either likely busy or doesn't realize you are talking to them. But if things go well... you'll have made a new friend! That being said, don't be shy to say hello if you see me around Smile

TL;DR: If you tell someone hello you'll either make a new friend or you won't; no loss either way!

Just whisper this to Faye IC 

Show Content

Instant RP right there! Tongue

I'd rather die ;;;

Edit:

I saw Vivi and waved to her! Got ignored though ;w; She and Faye are in on it together.