Hydaelyn Role-Players
An Elezen question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: An Elezen question (/showthread.php?tid=5506)

An Elezen question - Lady Whiteraven - 11-15-2013

I'm curious about the general thoughts concerning Elezen age. The write up states, "They are also possessed of a somewhat extended lifespan in comparison to the Hyur," but does anyone know how much that extended lifespan is? Particularly for the Duskwright, if there is a difference.

RE: An Elezen question - Naunet - 11-15-2013

The most straightforward (if disappointing) answer is: we don't really know the details.

RE: An Elezen question - Twinflame - 11-15-2013

I've been working off the assumption that if it were anything significant, they'd have made a greater point of it. If Hyur live eighty years, Elezen probably live like ninety. That's how I'm playing it.

RE: An Elezen question - Lady Whiteraven - 11-15-2013

Hmm, I guess because they are very "elf-like" I tend to go on the longer side of things. I agree that if it were even something as long as twice the Hyur they would have said something to the effect. I guess I was going off 1.5x, but I was curious if anyone had anything better.

Also, is there an Elezen LS? I know the Roe have one.

RE: An Elezen question - Olofantur - 11-15-2013

With the differences between the clans I think it unlikely there would be a single "Elezen" shell, how ever I know that the "Duskwight Discussion" thread mentioned creating a Duskwight only one a few times, unsure how it panned out...

A note on the differences between the clans, its show in game time and time again that theirs a racial pride amoungst the wildwood and even the duskwight but a strong dislike between the two clans, hence their "nick-names" for each other "Greens" and "Greys" which you've probably seen, but I think still interesting to reflect on. Theres more than just that of course, but I don't want to ramble >_<

RE: An Elezen question - Lady Whiteraven - 11-15-2013

Thanks! I will spend some time curled up reading the Duskwright thread and drinking some hot cocoa with marshmellows. Big Grin And if anyone knows about the status of the LS, let me know.

RE: An Elezen question - Twinflame - 11-16-2013

There is definitely a Duskwight linkshell. I'm in it. Kari and a few others have invite privileges to it.

There's also an Elezen linkshell in general, I'm pretty sure. Not everybody likes to RP the lore racism and that's fine. I don't know very much about it and turned down the invite, though, because I personally prefer my RP with a heavy helping of clan-centric distaste. Strictly IC, of course.

Having a strong opinion on Elezen lifespans is mandatory for me since I'm RPing a Duskwight so old that he's at the extremes of their lifespan. I play him as being in his 80s and on the verge of natural death. Someone else RPing an elezen still strong and capable in their hundreds would really harsh my groove.

RE: An Elezen question - Sin - 11-16-2013

I created a general Elezen linkshell a long time ago when the Elezen directory thread was relevant. 

It is called Unity and Fraternity to mark and encourage the union of the two clans. That is, however, the only hint at any IC inclinations. The shell as it stands serves as an ooc connection between a very large number of Elezen.

The shell is doing very well and as I said includes a large number of Elezen roleplayers. Everyone can invite and the only requirements is a pair of knife ears and elongated shape.

RE: An Elezen question - Lady Whiteraven - 11-16-2013

Well I made a Duskwright salt and I am indeed a fan of having them roleplayed with a bit of an edge around other races, particularly the "greens." So I would love to join a Duskwright LS. I will keep an eye out for those names.