Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Blackened Heart - Story of the Blackweavers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Blackened Heart - Story of the Blackweavers (/showthread.php?tid=5524)

The Blackened Heart - Story of the Blackweavers - Kailia - 11-17-2013

[Image: Nc6FC3g.png]

"YOU ARE A COLD HEARTED PIECE OF GOOBBUE DUNG!! AND I WILL NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!!"

Those were the last words his sister yelled at him. Yet to this day, he still felt nothing about the falling out with his sister. Something he found quite curious.

Nilanius sat back in his chair, admiring the notes he had scribbled of his last job. Yet he still was haunted with the memories of childhood. He was there when his sister was born. And helped take care of her for many years. But now...

23 years ago...

"Run!" Jeremiah yelled at Nilanius, "Take your sister and run! We will hold them off!"

Mongrels. The beasts that plague Eastern Thanalan. They had come in a great big pack to their simple home and killed their family chocobos. Now they were after the family themselves.

Their mother was holding her own, using a pitchfork to hold the beasts at bay. Nilanius grabbed his sisters hand and ran. Looking back, he wished he hadn't. For a beast was on their mother. And even their father was trying to shake off one of the mongrels.

Nilanius and Alewen had only one chance of survival. If they could get to Drybone, they would have refuge. Thus they ran as quickly as their little feet could carry them...

Back in the present time Nilanius stood within his little study. Dimly lit as it was, his black robes made him blend with the shadows. He much preferred darkness now. His bright red eyes scanned the picture hanging on one wall.

"Sister, you've grown. I hardly know you now, yet I continue to think of you..." Nilanius said to himself.

"Who are you kidding. She is your enemy. She means us harm!" responded the voice within his mind.

Nilanius focused on trying to silence the voice, that constantly haunts him daily. It was perhaps, the reason for his change... A change which began 12 years ago...

12 years ago...

"You really need to go big brother?" asked Alewen. The girl looked up to her brother, innocent blue eyes pleading for him to stay.

Nilanius nodded, "Yes sister. We cannot be orphans forever. I've been accepted to learn Thaumaturgy. I am setting out today."

Nilanius continued packing his bag with clothing.

"Will I see you again?" Alwen asked.

"Of course you will little sister. When I finish my training I will come back for you." Nilanius said with a smile. And with that, he kissed his sister's forehead and exited the church.

They had grown up as orphans at the church in Drybone. It was a simple life. Studying under the priesthood. But Nilanius always had a knack for magic. Especially fire magic. Thus when one of the lalafell brothers saw his ability, they immediately wanted him.

5 years ago...

Nilanius was deep in study on a voidsent jar he had found in some ruins. The creature inside taunted him, wanting freed, it promised him any wish he wanted. Outside the little cave he was using to study the jar, it sounded like the hells was suddenly let loose.

Rising from his seat he went to go see what was going on, when the mountain began quaking and the jar he was studying began teetering. He went to catch the jar, when the ceiling caved in.

To his horror as he crashed with the jar, the lid popped off and the voidsent spirit floated out and shot straight into his mouth. He could feel the creatures dark spirit within and began to choke. His eyes felt as though they were on fire, as the world around him went black...

A few hours later, he awoke. The voidsent jar was shattered. He dug himself out of the rubble of the cave and emerged into a changed world. But he could also feel that he too was changed. That was the first day the voice in his head began...

As the months passed, he found himself under the employee of an unscrupulously evil noble of Ul'dah. When negotiations with someone failed, Nilanius was sent in to create... accidents. Be it a sudden infestation of vermin, a mysterious death of livestock, or an unexplained fire.

And each job gave him pleasure. The voice in his head feeding him raw power. And then the day came a year ago, when his little sister, now a young woman, came to Ul'dah. She was training to become a Gladiator, with dreams of one day becoming a paladin.

But when she learned of what he had been doing, she confronted him about his work. The two fought, one step away from physical. And both vowed never to speak to each other again.

Nilanius sighed. His once blue eyes, now turned red by the voidsent, stared out the window of his study.

"You would be nothing without me. Remember that!" the voice said.

"One day, I shall rid myself of your foul taint. And... maybe one day... plead forgiveness from my sister..." Nilanius said.

"Your sister is to be a paladin! You are already her enemy! She will kill you!" the voice screamed.

Nilanius opened his palm and formed a small flame in the air just above the palm, "If I am to die, then may it be one day... ridding myself of you..."

Nilanius sighed then walked out of the room. He had another job to do tomorrow. And regardless of how he felt of the voice, he still took certain pleasure in looking forward to the pain and suffering he was going to inflict on the hapless victims that day.