Hydaelyn Role-Players
By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! (/showthread.php?tid=5563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Jomoru - 11-20-2013

The Doze emote is coming with beds in Free Company Housing

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - K'nahli - 11-21-2013

Its just a cute and girly pose to me....

Personally, my character won't really get to use this but I don't see how everyone is drawing it out to be something intended for those with a lewd mind. I was one of the people under the impression that a lot of IG sexual references involved miqo'te and therefore felt that they were a race "picked on" a lot in that aspect, but this emote didn't give me even the slightest inkling of anything suggestive. I just don't see it.

Bikini aside, the miqo'te is being portrayed in the typical "cute and pretty" fashion while the lalafel is being portrayed as childlike by appearing absolutely exhausted. I draw that conclusion from many in-game mannerisms. I don't see anyone getting all annoyed about that race being portrayed in a cute and child-like fashion but when it comes to the miqo'te and the theme is slightly more towards the cute and teenage area suddenly it means something else.

As I've said, I believe miqo'te are the favoured face for such references but I do not believe this to be an example.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - J'ruzho - 11-21-2013

I do believe it may have something to do with the bikini.

Because really, it seems like they were trying to portray it that way cause of the bikini. In regular clothes I agree it's a very normal "cutely laying down" pose though.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Edgar - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 12:01 AM)K'nahli Wrote: Its just a cute and girly pose to me....

Personally, my character won't really get to use this but I don't see how everyone is drawing it out to be something intended for those with a lewd mind. I was one of the people under the impression that a lot of IG sexual references involved miqo'te and therefore felt that they were a race "picked on" a lot in that aspect, but this emote didn't give me even the slightest inkling of anything suggestive. I just don't see it.

Bikini aside, the miqo'te is being portrayed in the typical "cute and pretty" fashion while the lalafel is being portrayed as childlike by appearing absolutely exhausted. I draw that conclusion from many in-game mannerisms. I don't see anyone getting all annoyed about that race being portrayed in a cute and child-like fashion but when it comes to the miqo'te and the theme is slightly more towards the cute and teenage area suddenly it means something else.

As I've said, I believe miqo'te are the favoured face for such references but I do not believe this to be an example.
Again, THIS. ^

Let me tell you one thing. Where Square fills in for the Miqo'te, the players fill in for everyone else.

I find it amusing that the very player base that goes apeshit over sexy Miqo'te does its best to make sexy Roegadyn, Elezen, and Hyur characters and take pictures of them in bikinis and subligar.

And might I ask, when did sexy catgirls become a BAD THING?

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Naunet - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 01:38 AM)Edgar Wrote: And might I ask, when did sexy catgirls become a BAD THING?

It's not what I rolled my character to be. This emote is bad for two and maybe three reasons. 1) It's restricted to beds (and potentially just to beds in FC housing), 2) That miqo'te pose, and possibly 3) It may actually work like the regular /doze and only be a temporary animation that stops once it's played through.

What is so wrong with wanting a simple /sleep toggle that actually looks like sleeping (like the lalafell one does)?

The animation freaking exists in the game already:

[Image: K87OxjD.png]

But no, once again, Squeenix takes something that folk have been asking for and implements it in the most annoying way possible that doesn't actually meet what had been asked for.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Kailia - 11-21-2013

Naunet, aren't you taking this viewpoint a bit to the extreme though? As mentioned, each race has its own stereotype, the Lalafell are portrayed in their emotes and actions, as childlike, yet there are very mature lalafell in game. And he lalafell version of this new emote, is no different. What do children look like when they are exhausted? Usually just like the one portrayed in the screenshot.

Miqo'te are your stereotypical teenage anime cat girl. Look at their /pose as well as all their other emotes. How do anime teenage girls usually relax? Usually in that pose. You seem hooked on the idea that those /doze emote is a sleep one. But even the blog post was fairly careful in its wording. Lalafell is relaxing. Miqo'te is relaxing.

It's not the end of the world. Continue to RP the character as you want. In fact if you really want a /sleep emote, keep pressing it on Square. Again, this emote seems more like a /relax than a sleep one. I am sure the hyurs will get a stereotypical animation. Same with Roes and Elezen.

Elezen are portrayed as graceful and sexy. They even sit side saddle on a unicorn. I suspect their female version of this emote would probably look something similar to this:

[Image: eva-mendes17806.jpg]

Hell Roegadyns are pretty gruff in their emotes. Their female I could see laying around a lot like Toph from Avatar:

[Image: Toph_picking_her_nose.png]

Overall, I definitely think the resting emote will fit the Miqo'te quite well. It's very stereotypical for the race and what they are based around. Sometimes, just have to look beyond the emotes you don't like and work with what you got. And the race is your stereotypical fantasy anime teenage cat girls.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LandStander - 11-21-2013

That Miqo'te emote is highly annoying...I can't believe they screwed them over like that. Its kind of neat that there will be emote for a bed, but a simple /sleep emote where they lay down would be a lot better. There are a lot of times in RP where I need it. Either camping out in the wilds on an adventure or being knocked out after a fight....At least the Lala's get an actual sleep emotion, but the Miqo'te...they just get...that.. Frustrated

I don't even play a lady Miqo'te, but it still upsets me.

I don't think anyone disagrees in that aspect though Naunet. We'd all kill for more emotes. Permanent kneel and pray, anyone? I do think the idea wasn't to make your character appear as though they were sleeping though. The emote is going to be used by people who are just sitting around and relaxing and talking in their housing in my opinion. If all of the other races appear to be sleeping then I will be tempted to agree with you in part but I think the doze is just misleading. Its the "tired" version of the other emotes that had been modified while sitting.

Good point on seeing if the other races (and genders) are portrayed as resting or sleeping, K'nahli.

Guess we should wait on the emotes to be implimented (I do know that I was actually looking for a way to rest in my bed at the inn, finding I could only sit in it, haha). Still wish we could have it for everywhere, and not just the beds. I see no reason we can't get comfortable on the floor. Or a restaraunt table.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Flickering Ember - 11-21-2013

Where does it say it's only for beds?

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Clover - 11-21-2013

I like the pose, it's very cute, but it killed the chances for Miqo'te females to actually sleep outside the inn ;_; (I wonder how it'll be for female Midlanders).

I'd also love the emote for laying down anywhere (not just in beds). It'd be useful in RP, especially if characters are knocked down in combat. Maybe in the future!

Frankly there are a LOT of NPC emotes in the outside world that we really should see. I want to be able to stand with my arms folded and with one hand on my hip @@

(11-21-2013, 10:50 AM)Flickering Ember Wrote: Where does it say it's only for beds?

It doesn't say specifically, but it's pretty heavily implied.

"Well, the cool thing is... you really will be able to relax on those beds! By getting near the bed and using the following emote you'll hop right on!"

Actually, re-reading it, it could be like /sit, where it has a more generic resting option if you're not next to a bed, and it hops you into the bed when you're near one. One can only hope...

(11-21-2013, 10:56 AM)K'nahli Wrote: Frankly there are a LOT of NPC emotes in the outside world that we really should see. I want to be able to stand with my arms folded and with one hand on my hip @@
This. So much this. Nothing like adding a bit of flavor to your standing, instead of always being in the same pose all the time.

Sure, it's interesting that certain emotes actually change your facial expression, but bodylanguage is a huge part of communication

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Naunet - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 02:47 AM)K Wrote: Naunet, aren't you taking this viewpoint a bit to the extreme though?

No, I don't think I am. We asked for a /sleep or /laydown equivalent, and what do we get instead? An adjustment to the /doze emote (which I'm pretty sure is safe to say will be temporary, just as the regular /doze is) which, for miqo'te at least, can't possibly be used to mimic sleeping. They could have easily taken the animation that already exists, but Squee's so paranoid of "innappropriate images" (maybe they shouldn't put the miqo'te girl in a bikini while posing, the hypocrites) being made with the emote that we get some watered down version bound by arbitrary restrictions.

Ack! I didn't realize it was an already existing emote with new functionality.

That answers it then, it's only for laying in beds. Bugger all....