Hydaelyn Role-Players
By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! (/showthread.php?tid=5563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Kailia - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 11:53 AM)Naunet Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 02:47 AM)K Wrote: Naunet, aren't you taking this viewpoint a bit to the extreme though?

No, I don't think I am. We asked for a /sleep or /laydown equivalent, and what do we get instead? An adjustment to the /doze emote (which I'm pretty sure is safe to say will be temporary, just as the regular /doze is) which, for miqo'te at least, can't possibly be used to mimic sleeping. They could have easily taken the animation that already exists, but Squee's so paranoid of "innappropriate images" (maybe they shouldn't put the miqo'te girl in a bikini while posing, the hypocrites) being made with the emote that we get some watered down version bound by arbitrary restrictions.

Except you seem to be stuck on the idea that this is a /sleep animation. And despite what might be believed, this would be considered a laying down animation. Laying down isn't always on ones back or side. And this new doze, is described as relaxing:

Quote:Check out this Lalafell, enjoying a moment of respite after battle.
Quote:Or this Miqo'te, who no doubt just enjoyed a relaxing dip in the water!

And again look at the races stereotypes. Lalafell have very childlike animations. How does a child look when they are relaxing? Just like that lalafell. And the only ones saying SE is paranoid about inappropriate image are certain players. Ever think maybe they looked at the stereotype their races are based off of to get the animation for this emote? They obviously aren't afraid of sexual content. They've got the blacksmithing guild's guildmaster accusing female chars who join up for the first time of cuckolding their husbands for crying out loud! And don't forget the courtesan fate in costa del sol.

I think if you still want a sleeping emote, should keep petitioning SE for one. But this, this most definitely is no sleeping emote. It is a relaxing one. And judging by the postures, no it's not going to be a "temporary" animation. I suspect it will work much like /sit does.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Flickering Ember - 11-21-2013

Inappropriate or not the miqo'te animation isn't very useful. As someone who has played in a multitude of MMOs the lying down animation comes up all. the. time in RP. This is because there are a lot of times where our characters are sleeping, lying down, knocked unconscious, or have just fallen. The miqo'te animation isn't very versatile. The lalafell one, however, is very versatile. You could use that animation to make one look passed out or simply just lying on a bed. For the miqo'te, there is really no immersion in that sense. 

But in the end, I suppose no one is really getting what they want if it can only be used in beds. 

But I also think it is understandable for a person to like a race but hate their animations. Stereotypes or not, if you envision your character differently then you must suspend disbelief. Either way, I understand where this disappointment is coming from. Perhaps if we keep sending feedback we'll get a real /lie down that will let our characters lie down anywhere.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Ildur - 11-21-2013

I'm sorry, K'ailia, but that lalafell is definitely not relaxing. That's not how a child would relax on a bed. However, it does look suspiciously to how they would sleep.
Just look at this face. That's not the a face anyone would have if they were relaxing, but it is the expression they'd have during deep sleep.

I do agree that maybe Squee went for a 'lay down and relax' animation, though. Except for lalafellin, for whatever reason. Just as the Miqo'te are subject to oversexualization, lalafellin are subject to overcuteness. If they wanted to convey that he was relaxing (and not necessarily sleeping), they should have picked a pose that conveys it better. Just like the one the Miqo'te has. The one they showed of is more appropiate for a 'sleep' animation than a 'relax' one.

We'll see once the animations for the other races come up. Maybe lalafellin are the only ones who actually sleep during the /doze.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LandStander - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 12:57 PM)K Wrote: And again look at the races stereotypes. Lalafell have very childlike animations. How does a child look when they are relaxing? Just like that lalafell. And the only ones saying SE is paranoid about inappropriate image are certain players. Ever think maybe they looked at the stereotype their races are based off of to get the animation for this emote? They obviously aren't afraid of sexual content. They've got the blacksmithing guild's guildmaster accusing female chars who join up for the first time of cuckolding their husbands for crying out loud! And don't forget the courtesan fate in costa del sol.

I'm sorry, but Yoshi-P came out himself and said the reason there was no /sleep or /laydown emote at launch because he was worried about players using it "inappropriate" which I think is hilarious with how much adult content there is in the game, from prostitution to talking about getting STD's. I will see if I can find the exact quote for you.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - K'nahli - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 02:41 PM)LandStander Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 12:57 PM)K Wrote: And again look at the races stereotypes. Lalafell have very childlike animations. How does a child look when they are relaxing? Just like that lalafell. And the only ones saying SE is paranoid about inappropriate image are certain players. Ever think maybe they looked at the stereotype their races are based off of to get the animation for this emote? They obviously aren't afraid of sexual content. They've got the blacksmithing guild's guildmaster accusing female chars who join up for the first time of cuckolding their husbands for crying out loud! And don't forget the courtesan fate in costa del sol.

I'm sorry, but Yoshi-P came out himself and said the reason there was no /sleep or /laydown emote at launch because he was worried about players using it "inappropriate" which I think is hilarious with how much adult content there is in the game, from prostitution to talking about getting STD's. I will see if I can find the exact quote for you.

What the hell is this about? I've seen a number of people mention it in this thread. People are always going to muck about with animations(I'm thinking of you, t-baggers) but why the emphasis on inappropriate images? Is this something that is abundantly done with this game? I ask because I look out for FF screenshots regularly on tumblr and only once have I ever come across such cases and even then it was someone who linked it to me.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Naunet - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 02:58 PM)K Wrote: What the hell is this about? I've seen a number of people mention it in this thread. People are always going to muck about with animations(I'm thinking of you, t-baggers) but why the emphasis on inappropriate images? Is this something that is abundantly done with this game? I ask because I look out for FF screenshots regularly on tumblr and only once have I ever come across such cases and even then it was someone who linked it to me.

No, it's just Yoshi being overly paranoid about offending anyone. For the exact same reason we can't whisper in dungeons, because people might use that as a way to be ~mean~ to each other, oh no! He has literally said that they're hesitant to implement a /laydown or whatever because people might do dirty things with it.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LandStander - 11-21-2013

Lol

Found it!
It was on the 4th page of this thread. http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=4975&page=4&highlight=sleep+animation

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63655-Translation-Japanese-to-English?p=1322772&viewfull=1#post1322772

y; Right now we don’t have a sleep motion, so the other day the motion team asked me if you wanted to do this soon?
y; It makes it possible to come up with some dangerous images, so I’m telling them it has to be safe and not cross that line.
y; Listen up everyone, don’t do anything bad.

And speaking of emotes....with enough imagination you can turn most of the things into something "dangerous"

Image is NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/AB1W8HP.jpg

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - J'ruzho - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 03:18 PM)LandStander Wrote: Lol

Found it!
It was on the 4th page of this thread. http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=4975&page=4&highlight=sleep+animation

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63655-Translation-Japanese-to-English?p=1322772&viewfull=1#post1322772

y; Right now we don’t have a sleep motion, so the other day the motion team asked me if you wanted to do this soon?
y; It makes it possible to come up with some dangerous images, so I’m telling them it has to be safe and not cross that line.
y; Listen up everyone, don’t do anything bad.

And speaking of emotes....with enough imagination you can turn most of the things into something "dangerous"

Image is NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/AB1W8HP.jpg

Never underestimate the creativity of perversion.

Hmm, I feel like I should add something relevant to the conversation.

It's kinda weird how he's so scared of it. As people said, just look at the dialogue. It's not even limited to certain races, some of the Lalafell npcs have the most perverse dialogue I've ever seen in an MMO, it's hilarious.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - K'nahli - 11-21-2013

That's... rather ridiculous, but admittedly I'd get pretty annoyed if I saw a ton of people abusing a kneel or lying down emote in hindsight. I doubt it would happen but still.

Just let people get banned for it then "normal", paying customers will avoid such things in public >.>

Quote:Never underestimate the creativity of perversion.

Hmm, I feel like I should add something relevant to the conversation.

It's kinda weird how he's so scared of it. As people said, just look at the dialogue. It's not even limited to certain races, some of the Lalafell npcs have the most perverse dialogue I've ever seen in an MMO, it's hilarious.

I assume it has to do with visible imagery that can be shared more easily =/

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Ronberku - 11-22-2013

(11-21-2013, 02:47 AM)Kailia Wrote: Naunet, aren't you taking this viewpoint a bit to the extreme though? As mentioned, each race has its own stereotype, the Lalafell are portrayed in their emotes and actions, as childlike, yet there are very mature lalafell in game. And he lalafell version of this new emote, is no different. What do children look like when they are exhausted? Usually just like the one portrayed in the screenshot.

Miqo'te are your stereotypical teenage anime cat girl. Look at their /pose as well as all their other emotes. How do anime teenage girls usually relax? Usually in that pose. You seem hooked on the idea that those /doze emote is a sleep one. But even the blog post was fairly careful in its wording. Lalafell is relaxing. Miqo'te is relaxing.

It's not the end of the world. Continue to RP the character as you want. In fact if you really want a /sleep emote, keep pressing it on Square. Again, this emote seems more like a /relax than a sleep one. I am sure the hyurs will get a stereotypical animation. Same with Roes and Elezen.

Elezen are portrayed as graceful and sexy. They even sit side saddle on a unicorn. I suspect their female version of this emote would probably look something similar to this:

[Image: eva-mendes17806.jpg]

What do you mean? Us elezens already have that sleeping pose...Oh wait I forgot to say MALE ELEZEN.

[Image: ffxiv%202013-06-15%2017-49-44-04.jpg]

Stupid S-E and their choice for male elezen emotes... I'm till this day still not happy about the sleeping and pose emote we got.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - J'ruzho - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 06:16 AM)Ronberku Wrote: [quote pid=68745 dateline=1385016446]
What do you mean? Us elezens already have that sleeping pose...Oh wait I forgot to say MALE ELEZEN.

[Image: ffxiv%202013-06-15%2017-49-44-04.jpg]

Stupid S-E and their choice for male elezen emotes... I'm till this day still not happy about the sleeping and pose emote we got.

By the twelve... that just looks...super uncomfortable. Do they have any idea what laying like that for extended periods of time does to your shoulder and neck? Those parts of the body were not made to support 90% of your upper bodyweight...

No wonder Elezen are such jerks, they're walking around with constant neck cramps.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Naunet - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 08:35 AM)J Wrote: By the twelve... that just looks...super uncomfortable. Do they have any idea what laying like that for extended periods of time does to your shoulder and neck? Those parts of the body were not made to support 90% of your upper bodyweight...

One could say the same about the new /doze for miqo'te. I've laid down in that pose before. Can only hold it for a few minutes before my shoulders and neck start screaming at me. It is not relaxing!

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - K'nahli - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 01:59 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 08:35 AM)J Wrote: By the twelve... that just looks...super uncomfortable. Do they have any idea what laying like that for extended periods of time does to your shoulder and neck? Those parts of the body were not made to support 90% of your upper bodyweight...

I've laid down in that pose before.

You pervert... get out of here, you disgust me.

(I agree though, not very comfy).

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LiadansWhisper - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 01:59 PM)Naunet Wrote:

One could say the same about the new /doze for miqo'te. I've laid down in that pose before. Can only hold it for a few minutes before my shoulders and neck start screaming at me. It is not relaxing!

It's comfy if you can lay your head down.  Otherwise, it's hell on wheels for your neck and shoulders.  Sad

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - N'taeyl - 11-24-2013

Am I missing where to see this/these dreaded /sleep emotes that aren't really sleep?  I probably don't want to anyway.

My only complaint about this "sexuality", for any race actually, is that I have no choice not to be.  My character is a careless tomboy, emotes won't let that happen.  I think what most people complain about is that there ISN'T an option NOT to be, otherwise I'd be checking all the sexy catgirls out, and anything else sexy.  But, someone link me where to see these bed emote things?