Hydaelyn Role-Players
By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! (/showthread.php?tid=5563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LandStander - 12-03-2013

My point was that people who are so against a sleep animation seem to be so scared of ERPers. ERP will happen either way as it is currently going on right now without a sleep or lay down emotion. No reason to keep a valuable emotion away just because you may stumble across two (or three or ten! I'm looking at you Miqo'tes Tongue) half naked characters laying on the ground or in a bed.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Kailia - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 03:56 PM)LandStander Wrote: My point was that people who are so against a sleep animation seem to be so scared of ERPers. ERP will happen either way as it is currently going on right now without a sleep or lay down emotion. No reason to keep a valuable emotion away just because you may stumble across two (or three or ten! I'm looking at you Miqo'tes Tongue) half naked characters laying on the ground or in a bed.

I'm not against the sleep animation at all. In fact I love the animation miqo'te are getting. I just happen to agree with Square Enix's policy to try to keep inappropriate stuff out of the game world, and more into private player housing.

Lord of the Rings Online when it first came out, didn't have housing. And there were instances of finding ERPers in inn rooms and such. Once player housing came out though, the considerate ERPers moved to player housing.

SE's limiting the emote to player housing, shouldn't be viewed as something bad. If anything it is just a bundled extra added in with the player housing area. It's exclusive to player housing as an extra.

But at the same time, you and I both know if this emote was usable anywhere, the inconsiderate ERPers would be using it in public view. So in that regard I do agree with SE's call here. The fact is, they wouldn't need to make this call, if people were considerate of others. Maybe one day in the future the emotes will unlock for anywhere, but right now, erring on the cautious side isn't a bad thing considering how new and how popular ARR is right now.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - C'kayah Polaali - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 03:56 PM)LandStander Wrote: No reason to keep a valuable emotion away just because you may stumble across two (or three or ten! I'm looking at you Miqo'tes Tongue) half naked characters laying on the ground or in a bed.

For the record, I am accepting applications... Big Grin

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Erik Mynhier - 12-03-2013

There are empty beds in Dragonhead. I say we all meet up the day 2.1 drops and see how many of us can fit on a bed in our underwear. Great RPC screen shot. Maybe even change the old header with it. Big Grin

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LiadansWhisper - 12-03-2013

Not to dash anyone's hopes, but this is what I got off the Official forums just now:

Hvinire Wrote:We're glad you guys are excited for the new emote to use in Free Company  Housing beds, and understand many of you want to use it elsewhere as  well. However, the team has decided against the use of this emote in  other places to prevent the taking of not especially appropriate  screenshots. Likewise, the new emote cannot be used on Inn beds because  lying down on that bed logs a player out of the game.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/120679-Easy-Doze-It-dev-blog?p=1620705&viewfull=1#post1620705

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Naunet - 12-03-2013

I linked that in my earlier post, Liadan. xP

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LiadansWhisper - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 07:54 PM)Naunet Wrote: I linked that in my earlier post, Liadan. xP

I DIDN'T SEE IT.

However, apparently the specter of Moon Guard seriously has some people's jimmies rustled.

Honestly, I FEEL THE NEED TO SHARE THIS:
Show Content

Screenshots are totally what Square needs to worry about.  Rolleyes

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - LandStander - 12-03-2013

Ahahahaha. Actually that is a pretty clever and well written song.

RE: By the Twelve! We are getting /doze in 2.1! - Roen - 12-04-2013

I think I am scarred for life.