Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.1 Progression Changes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.1 Progression Changes (/showthread.php?tid=5564)

2.1 Progression Changes - allgivenover - 11-20-2013

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/104526-armory-system-useless-Mythology-Cap?p=1578533&viewfull=1#post1578533

Show Content

Of note for us RPers....

Quote:New Side Quests
- Take part in additional side stories to learn more about the peoples and cultures of Eorzea.

Very exciting.

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Magellan - 11-20-2013

(11-20-2013, 07:21 PM)allgivenover Wrote: The Two Paths for Player Progression
One unique quality of MMORPGs is that, depending on how much time they have to play, a disparity between players can easily emerge. For example, let's say player A plays two hours per day, and player B plays five hours per day. After a week, there's a difference of 21 hours, after five weeks a difference of 105 hours, and after ten weeks a difference of 210 hours. MMORPGs are designed to be played over a long period of time, and as such, this gap between players will only increase as time goes on. This inevitably leads to several problems:

It becomes difficult for new players to join.
Casual players are likely to lose motivation to play.
The community is likely to become fragmented.

This. As a casual gamer, it's really exciting to see SE actually pay attention to us and create new ways to work towards our gear =P

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Erik Mynhier - 11-20-2013

Quote:Beast Tribe Quests
- Learn about the beast tribes in daily quests and acquire tomestones.

Treasure Hunts
- Search for buried treasure with up to four players and obtain crafting material, consumable items, and tomestones.

Yes! I fell behind after I got my Paladin to 50. I took a 3 week break to level mining and some side classes, and to get some rp goodness rolling and when I came back the df had become a sewer, the end game runner parties laughed in my face or worse took pity on me and then lost it when they realized I was out of practice (to be fair I was, but still, calling my mother a... well, never mind). To summarize I need tomes, but need a way to quietly obtain them by myself to fix my gear problem while I run past less stressful dungeons to get my head back in the game. Solo tome missions are perfect.

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Edgar - 11-20-2013

Housing has me very excited, to say the least, as does the increase in weekly limits for Tomes of Mythology!

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Aysun - 11-20-2013

I'M SO EXCITED

I JUST CANT HIDE IT

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Clover - 11-21-2013

Quote:With no option but to continue running through instances, with no guarantee that the desired can be obtained, users are more likely to become stressed and stop playing all together.

My life in Mabinogi:Heroes, until FFXIV rescued me from that game.

Overall, I'm happy with the way FFXIV handles end-game content so far, even if farming Garuda with randoms is quite the impossible task.

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Ares D'Argent - 11-21-2013

Naw Garuda is still possible, it's Titan that makes you want to smash your head into a wall with pugs unless you get really lucky and get people who know what they're doing.Tongue

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Olofantur - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 09:51 AM)Artorias Wrote: Naw Garuda is still possible, it's Titan that makes you want to smash your head into a wall with pugs unless you get really lucky and get people who know what they're doing.Tongue

"OH HEY ITS A GEOCRUSH!!"
"uh, you might want to move out of the-"
"BUT I'M A BARD, I CAN RUN AND JUMP AND SHOOT!"
*flies off the platform*
hate you, hate you all...

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - Edgar - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 12:09 PM)Olofantur Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 09:51 AM)Artorias Wrote: Naw Garuda is still possible, it's Titan that makes you want to smash your head into a wall with pugs unless you get really lucky and get people who know what they're doing.Tongue

"OH HEY ITS A GEOCRUSH!!"
"uh, you might want to move out of the-"
"BUT I'M A BARD, I CAN RUN AND JUMP AND SHOOT!"
*flies off the platform*
hate you, hate you all...

/soothe

RE: 2.1 Progression Changes - K'nahli - 11-22-2013

*poke* The Live Letter has started, everyone.