Hydaelyn Role-Players
Landon back story - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Landon back story (/showthread.php?tid=5569)

Landon back story - Landon - 11-21-2013

Also known as the Vagabond Paladin, Landon is the product of a cruel world. Never knowing his birth parents and adopted by a poverty struck Hyurian couple, he never lived a privileged life. Born in the black shroud, in a small camp settlement not far from Gridania. His birth name never known to him nor his adopted parents. The infant Miqo'te was found by the Arivant family, lying in a dead log not far from a burnt down camp, crying from hunger and dirty from what seemed to be days alone in the forest. The couple could not bare to see the infant boy alone and dying from starvation, so they did what any caring soul would do. They took him in and raised him as their own. Now his name would be Landon, a name that was held in high regards to the Arivant family, for it was the name of their ancestor who was a Paladin many many years before. They were a hard working family, but never rich. They tried to teach Landon good morals, but they way he saw it was "Morals don't make you rich". The Arivants never hid Landon's past from him, they told him how they found him and took him in. This may be the reason he was also so defiant, he loved them, but never wanted the same life they had for themselves. As Landon grew older, he became somewhat of a trouble maker, always sticking his nose in other's business and getting into hot water with his adopted parents. By the time he was a teenager, Landon had started to run with the wrong crowd. Thieves and street thugs, stealing and shaking people down for Gil. Sometimes even go as far as threatening lives and hurting some. Knowing his adopted parents would not accept this, he left at age 15 never to return, afraid of what they would think of him. It wasn't until he met another Miqo'te named Qin Stillwater, that he would find his true calling.

Qin who would become Landon's longest and dearest friend who would also be the one to keep him in line, although they would both get into some trouble at times, mainly because they both had a healthy appetite for women. It was Qin who always had his head and heart in the right place, in a way he had helped Landon become a man.

Description-

Although, Landon plays the tough guy, Carefree spirited role most of the time. He actually uses this as more of a defense mechanism. Never really knowing his true past, he tends to hide his emotions through drinking and joking with others to take the attention away from his own fears and insecurities. Landon suffers from claustrophobia, this coming from him being stuck in a dark, dead log alone for days. This doesn't mean that he is always hiding something, when in fact he is usually always in high spirits. If he is not then one would know something is truly bothering him. His love for always wanting to have a good time, makes him very enjoyable to be around.

Habits include; scratching his head often and rolling his eyes. Also, he loves to drink and experiment with mind altering substances sometimes. Calling women "Doll".

((I didn't see a place to post character back stories so I posted here. I hope that's okay! I will be posting the template soon!))

RE: Landon back story - J'ruzho - 11-21-2013

((I think you posted in the right spot. That's where journals go, and backstory is kind of a journal beginning. Actually, they had moved my backstory thread to the Balmung Directory, so you should be good.

You may want to consider making your backstory thread into a general OOC journal like I did so you can just add new things as your character experiences new things and learns and grows. Just a thought, that was my reasoning for doing what I did.

Whoops, meant to PM that, didn't wanna clog up your thread, lol. Well, already put a deletion request, hope you see this before it gets killed))

RE: Landon back story - Olofantur - 11-21-2013

Hello Landon,

You might want to take a look (if you'd like to keep an ongoing history)
posting a character wiki up at http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki

You can take a look at other "Player characters" for examples of how they're organized their work and there are a few templates available. Props to the illustrious Deirdre for maintaining it.

Hope that helps!

RE: Landon back story - Landon - 11-21-2013

Sweet guys! Thanks for the helpful tips!