Hydaelyn Role-Players
Roen Deneith - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Roen Deneith (/showthread.php?tid=5621)

Roen Deneith - Roen - 11-26-2013

I. Basic Info 

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Light to heavy.  I am flexible.  It also depends what I am doing. I mostly prefer to prearrange/schedule RP, though if someone pokes me randomly I will try and accommodate! It is easiest if you contact me via PMs or tell in-game if you are interested. If you see me running around as any class other than Paladin, I am probably OOC! Also if you see the RP tag, walk-ups are welcome! 
  • Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • I try to avoid RP combat with people I don't know, but this is not a steadfast rule. I believe realistic combat can (and mostly should) result in injuries, some even serious and lasting ones; since that can affect any character's story, it should be a cooperative effort. Usually there is assumed consent among players that trust and know each other, which is why I prefer it. That being said, I will definitely ignore god moding.
  • Views on IC romance:
  • I think it adds a different emotional weight to the story as well as a certain dimension to the character. I am also sucker for the feels! And the ships! But I like it to be part of the natural progression of the story and character development. I am also a strict believer in what is IC stays IC.  I do not blend/bleed and am wary of those who bring IC drama into OOC aspect of things and visa versa. I am also quite happily taken OOC.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • This is absolutely essential to round out a character.  Every roleplayed story needs allies, enemies, and relationships to make it rich and complex.  Some of my best roleplaying experiences have come from being moved by another character's arc and having had direct involvement in it. I am probably painting with broad strokes here, but non-romantic relationships are a must! 
  • Views on lore:
  • It adds to the immersion if you are consistent with the environment around you.  I do not consider myself a lore expert, so I read what I can and try my best.  I will likely make some mistakes along the way, and I don't mind it being pointed out to me! On the same note, I can't be too harsh to others either for making similar mistakes, as long as they are trying and and it is not completely alien.
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • Linkshells should be strictly IC OR OOC.  My /say is always in character.  Whispers and parties are usually assumed OOC by me unless I see otherwise.

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: PST
  • Contact info: Please PM me here. I check daily and will get back to you as soon as I am able!
  • ~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Roen Deneith - Navisse - 11-26-2013

I <3 Roen.

RE: Roen Deneith - Roen - 11-26-2013

(11-26-2013, 04:11 PM)Navisse Wrote: I <3 Roen.
 Big Grin

RE: Roen Deneith - Roen - 02-24-2014

Updated to add another alt I play often, Rae.

And just wanted to add that so far, I have not played Roen having the ECHO, although I am not completely ruling it out for the future, so far she has not manifested any signs of it.  

Nor has she taken part in anything in the Main Storyline, like joining the Scions or what not.

RE: Roen Deneith - Roen - 11-30-2015

Updated for wiki, linkshells, alts and such.

RE: Roen Deneith - Roen - 08-25-2017

Changed out one of my alts in the list of characters, and linked each name to their wiki!