Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ahrak Mizer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Ahrak Mizer (/showthread.php?tid=5650)

Ahrak Mizer - Ahrak - 11-29-2013

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Ahrak Mizer, Janius Wizemind (Duskwight Elezen, Balmung 1.0)

• Primary character: Ahrak Mizer

• Linkshells: None

• Primary RP linkshell: None

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    My roleplaying style can be qualified of light immersive. I try to always stay in character and express myself with full sentences. However, I do not particularly seek bar talks or other social interactions for the sake of "doing some RP". My RP is defined by the adventuring activities available in the world of Eorzea.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    The FFXIV system doesn't enable duels at the moment of this writing. Therefore, I do not see a reason or a realistic way to simulate combat. Injuries can only exist to the extent of current status ailments. Pain is something else.

• Views on IC romance:
    Not seeking it, but whatever has to happen will happen.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Family ties are defined by my character. Janius Wizemind (previous character) is considered a brother who grew up with Ahrak and later recounted the tales of his adventuring days before the Calamity. Ahrak might discover other family members in other players, but it would mean loosing full control over his personal story.

• Views on lore:
    Ahrak being born in Ala Mhigo before its fall (cultural note: 20 years ago) and yet having sympathies for Garlemald and even the Garlean Empire, the last two being distinct, I have a strong interest in learning more of the lore of that region. However, I am not the kind to read everything on everything. I prefer to have a general idea and roleplay a little more freely.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Any chat talk should be IC to ensure full immersion and OOC limited to a minimum and identified by double parentheses ((...)). I try to stay in character even with non RP parties. I try. Since we don't live in an ideal game world, let's say the following :
    /say : IC
    /shout : OOC, limited use
    /fc : IC (it should really be part of the immersion, the main part)
    /ls : IC or OOC depending on linkshell type
    /tell : unless it's a whisper or the continuity of a discussion, OOC (there is no world explanations for long distance tells, is there? Minfilia keeps calling adventurers and even receiving calls herself, so IC is okay too as long distance pearl communication)

III. Other Info

• Timezone: EST

• Contact info: PM here or /tell "Ahrak Mizer" in-game

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~

RE: Ahrak Mizer - Ahrak - 12-20-2013

I am currently trying to start a free company. It is dark-themed and made for Garlean sympathizers, magitek enthusiasts and forbidden knowledge seekers. It aims to be a roleplaying immersive company based on gameplay.

Embrace [Lux]

More information on the company thread link above.

Contact me if interested.

EDIT: Company idea abandoned.