Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Rocky Evening for a Promising Future (/showthread.php?tid=5676)

Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - Little Miss Kikimo - 12-03-2013

Tossing and turning in a bunk aboard the overnight hull of The Esper Winds, a transport ship advertised to make the trip from Vesper Bay to Ul'dah docks in just one-day's time, lies the transporter's most recent client; a small Dunesfolk Lalafell female. This is her first adventure, her first step outside of Ul'dah was just a mere week ago. But on this night, one thing haunts her dreams, one scene vividly depicted in her mind...

Among aisle after aisle of books in a small community library sits a pink-haired adolescent Dunesfolk, reading peacefully as she sways side to side with the rhythm of the lines she is reading. Some racket starts to rumble from outside, but Momo simply hones into every last detail of the book before her. Running the tip of her finger down the page, the Lalafell could feel the dried ink resting on the parchment of the book. This hardback book was no ordinary novel, but, in fact, the girl's first grimoire.

Suddenly, the commotion outside began to become much louder and hysteric people could be heard hollering in the distance. Momo Kikimo, palm still examining pages of the grimoire, snaps out of her bewildered trance the mystery of new books always puts her in. As she lifts her head, fire rains down from the sky, crashing through the upstairs apartment and into the library, instantly setting several aisles ablaze. 

"AAAAANNNNGGHGHHHHHH!!!!!----" the little pale skinned Dunesfolk exclaims in this moment, her greatest challenge; watching everything she had ever known be destroyed in front of her innocent eyes. From the hole in the ceiling, she could see her parent's bed straddling the crater created by this "Calamity". Every book she had ever read, every book she had ever planned to read, she watched smolder to ash, crying out in absolute pain and horror as the place that held her precious memories crumbled as easily as the books within. 

Momo remained protected by an emerald carbuncle that manifested from the emerald gemstone she has worn upon her forehead since birth, the words of the discovered grimoire manifesting themselves off the page, through this; her most dire moment in life. As she stood in the clouds of smoke that remained of her home, the Lalafell stood tall, with her grimoire tightly in hand, and knew that she could always rely on this book.

It has been five years since Momo Kikimo lost everything. Her small apartment, home to her mother, her father and herself, rest just above their family library that had always been open to the public in the Warehouse District of Ul'dah. Since then, she has rebuilt and sold her family library, using the small amount of profit she was able to make as her starting fund for her upcoming adventures.

The day she lost everything was the same day she became an Arcanist. So, interested in formal education, this young lady is travelling to Limsa Lominsa to join the Arcanist's Guild in order to hone the power of summoning. It is debatable whether or not she has the aptitude to achieve this ambition though as she can often be found goofing off, talking to her carbuncles, or participating in other childish activities.

This short, three foot tall, Dunesfolk girl looks to barely be in her young adulthood, due partly to her childishly pink hair that she keeps lazily pinned up in a bun, messily held together by pure willpower. Her bangs are longer than her face, often obscuring her field of vision as they rest rather unkempt around her face. Each ear is pierced with brilliant silver hoops, though they can often go unnoticed due to the distracting length of her pointed ears. And her ruby eyes glow brighter than any sleigh led by any red-nosed creature of fairy tale. 

Momo Kikimo is arrving on the docks of Limsa Lominsa and is ready to learn, meet, greet, and grow from this experience, her next, and the next... but, after that, maybe a nap.

OOC: Hey guys! I have been playing this game for a couple of weeks now. I've been playing around with character creation, reading up on the lore a little bit and experiencing the gameplay. I've finally settled on little Ms Kikimo here. 

I've played a few other MMORPGs, but haven't roleplayed in a couple of years. It was always something I had fun doing so I'm hoping to get to know everyone and have some fun together! 

I joined the Intermission LS as a starting place today, but I am definitely keeping my eye out for a main/permanent FC/LS. I am looking to add flare and attitude to a small to medium sized group. I am also interested PvE/end-game content once I get Momo up to Lv 50 Summoner.

I am playing on Balmung. Feel free to side chat me in game or on here.

RE: Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - Pipituu - 12-03-2013

Yay!  A fellow Lalafell and New Player!  Big Grin

Myself (Pipituu Kipichuu) and my significant other (Mijisaa Qisaa) also just started up on Balmung! I'll send you a friend request if I see you on!

RE: Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - Mijisaa Qisaa - 12-03-2013

Welcome to Balmung!  Kikimo and Mijisaa could seriously be twins, pink hair and all. Smile I'll keep an eye out for ya!

RE: Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - Olofantur - 12-03-2013

Howdy howdy and welcome to the show Kikimo,

Good to hear you've already joined Intermission and a smashing introduction! I'll assume you've already poked around a little so i'll skip linking to any particular FC or LS. I would how ever like to extend an invitation! to flag me down in game if you see me, I have yet to meet a lalafell I didn't like.

Best of luck out in Eorzea, and safe travels Chocobo

RE: Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - Little Miss Kikimo - 12-03-2013

Thank you for the positive responses so far! I already feel the warmth of the community!

I work in front a computer all day, so I usually have time to peruse the forums in my downtime at work. I fall in the Central Standard Time zone and will usually be active between the hours of 8PM and 1AM, with varying times on Fridays and Saturdays (my days off). I would love to get to know you all, both IC and OOC!

RE: Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - Wombat - 12-03-2013

Welcome to the community, my fellow CST-based computer-anchored friend! I've only been here since Friday and I'm loving it. Feel free to say hi to Kodaro if you see him around.

RE: Rocky Evening for a Promising Future - faceman7381 - 12-05-2013

Welcome and I was very glad to meet you the other night!

If you need anything, you need only ask. 

I hope to see you at our Taven night on 12-14 at 9 pm est that you asked about.

Konner

Smile