Hydaelyn Role-Players
Crystal Tower Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Crystal Tower Preview (/showthread.php?tid=5682)

Pages: 1 2

Crystal Tower Preview - Kannadi - 12-03-2013

Crystal Tower
Quote:Ancient scriptures speak of a resplendent tower forged of crystal. Reaching to the heavens, this massive monolith is said to have been erected by the Allagans at the height of their prosperity. Long thought to be a legend from centuries past, the fabled Crystal Tower has been freed from Hydaelyn's embrace, unearthed in the wake of the Calamity.

The Allagans' surpassing command of magic and technology fostered a civilization unlike any to precede or follow. What then, could be the purpose of this crystalline construct, and what forgotten relics now stir within its walls? 

[Image: 22a9b7bb4e5f17f525ef21c8c444f9d3bcad5bf3_0.png][Image: 22a9b7bb4e5f17f525ef21c8c444f9d3bcad5bf3_1.png] 
Class Level Requirement
Level 50 Disciple of War or Magic
Item Level Requirements
Average item level â—‹â—‹ or above
Party Size
24 players (three eight-player parties)
Time Limit
120 minutes
Quest Name
Labyrinth of the Ancients
Quest Requirements
Players must first complete the quest "A Performance for the Ages."
* Starting with patch 2.1, players can view the average item level of their equipment via the Character interface. 

Entering the Crystal Tower

Players can access the Crystal Tower via the Duty Finder either solo or in a party of up to eight players. When forming a party, players must first meet the class requirements of the Duty Finder before registering (two tanks, four DPS, two healers). Once registered, players will be matched with a group of 24 players to enter the Crystal Tower.

Viewing the Party List

Upon entering the Crystal Tower players will be able to review the class and HP of all alliance members.
* Player names are displayed by selecting a member from the list, or hovering the mouse over them.

[Image: 22a9b7bb4e5f17f525ef21c8c444f9d3bcad5bf3_2.png]
* Development screenshot—subject to change.

The position of the alliance list can be changed via the HUD Layout interface.

Rewards

Overcome the dangers of this Allagan monument and find yourself handsomely rewarded!

[Image: 22a9b7bb4e5f17f525ef21c8c444f9d3bcad5bf3_3.png] 
* Each party in an alliance will receive a treasure box, the contents of which are restricted to their party.

At last, the Crystal Tower gear! The blue set is my favorite.

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Aurelie Eleveur - 12-03-2013

I'm actually looking forward to this!

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Olofantur - 12-03-2013

Hey Kannadi,

Excited for the crystal tower,

small note, could you spoiler the top link for the page? because its a single string it stretches the formatting on the front page (i'm at 1680x1050 and it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/E3v0udM.jpg ) At least thats what I think was causing the stretch, with the lightning guides it was screen shots, but this one doesn't appear to have long shots.

Just a thought, thanks for linking it none-the less!

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Kannadi - 12-03-2013

(12-03-2013, 12:10 PM)Olofantur Wrote: Hey Kannadi,

Excited for the crystal tower,

small note, could you spoiler the top link for the page? because its a single string it stretches the formatting on the front page (i'm at 1680x1050 and it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/E3v0udM.jpg ) At least thats what I think was causing the stretch, with the lightning guides it was screen shots, but this one doesn't appear to have long shots.

Just a thought, thanks for linking it none-the less!

Huh! I didn't know it would do that.

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

(12-03-2013, 01:38 PM)Kannadi Wrote: Huh! I didn't know it would do that.

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

/weep

THANK YOU

also, i've seen you running about mining, Saving up for housing or just something general (not to derail the thread.)?

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Oroban - 12-03-2013

Oh my lord. Is that...is that Warrior of Light armor for paladins? I think I might weep because I'll never get to go there.

(12-03-2013, 03:19 PM)Oroban Wrote: Oh my lord. Is that...is that Warrior of Light armor for paladins? I think I might weep because I'll never get to go there.

Why nots?

(12-03-2013, 03:22 PM)Ami Wrote:
(12-03-2013, 03:19 PM)Oroban Wrote: Oh my lord. Is that...is that Warrior of Light armor for paladins? I think I might weep because I'll never get to go there.

Why nots?
Because with my bare smattering of AF+1 and my relic +1, I still haven't even been to coil, and I'm assuming crystal tower is a step up from that. Though they haven't released the minimum item level yet, it seems..

If you join up with "Balmungs Finest" there is every likely hood you might see this content, it does require a prodigious amount of people, but is tuned to be "easier" than Coil iirc. (its supposedly to help bridge the ilvl 70-80 gap among other things.)

But yeah, with the WoL Helmet the whole set would look pretty nifty.

Show Content

(12-03-2013, 03:32 PM)Oroban Wrote:

Why nots?
Because with my bare smattering of AF+1 and my relic +1, I still haven't even been to coil, and I'm assuming crystal tower is a step up from that. Though they haven't released the minimum item level yet, it seems..

Actually, you would be incorrect in that. Coil is a step up from The Crystal Tower. They wanted to release it at launch, but some technical difficulties prevented them. And, it'll be available in the Duty Finder, so you can always solo queue for it.

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Edgar - 12-03-2013

Well I'll be damned if that armor isn't all kinds of Allagan goodness.

It's good to see a wardrobe that's so abstract and colourful for once. Last I checked this was a Final Fantasy game, you know, the game series where people ran around looking like this:

[Image: 160px-Ff5_exdeath.jpg]

That is... a huge relief guys, thanks! I'm in BF, actually, the first linkshell. They're the good folks who I befriended and then proceeded to sucker into suffering Titan with me. If it'll be less stressful/intensive than Coil is, then I'll definitely try to get that WoL getup. It's too perfect for me not to!

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Eve Malusion - 12-04-2013

(12-03-2013, 04:37 PM)Ami Wrote:
(12-03-2013, 03:32 PM)Oroban Wrote:

Why nots?

Actually, you would be incorrect in that.  Coil is a step up from The Crystal Tower.  They wanted to release it at launch, but some technical difficulties prevented them.  And, it'll be available in the Duty Finder, so you can always solo queue for it.
I'm pretty sure they said solo queue is not an option for it. You can ONLY queue with a premade party of 8, that will be matched with 2 other premade parties of 8. That said, since it has no lockouts I'll probably be grabbing people from Balmung's Finest to try and do it, so now Khyros has gotten himself back on the pester to join list.

You owe me for Titan, you sound like you want to go there, but I will force you even if you don't Khyros!

All in all looking forward to Crystal Tower. That monk (I assume monk, the eyepatched miqo'te) shirt looks great. Might have to bring that job back out just to get it.

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Wombat - 12-04-2013

I probably won't be leveled/geared enough by the time this drops but I'd still love to run it eventually. That monk gear is just too sweet to pass up.
Uhh sup BF? Let's be friends.

RE: Crystal Tower Preview - Ronberku - 12-04-2013

(12-04-2013, 05:54 AM)Eve Malusion Wrote: I'm pretty sure they said solo queue is not an option for it. You can ONLY queue with a premade party of 8, that will be matched with 2 other premade parties of 8. That said, since it has no lockouts I'll probably be grabbing people from Balmung's Finest to try and do it, so now Khyros has gotten himself back on the pester to join list.

You owe me for Titan, you sound like you want to go there, but I will force you even if you don't Khyros!

All in all looking forward to Crystal Tower. That monk (I assume monk, the eyepatched miqo'te) shirt looks great. Might have to bring that job back out just to get it.

Simply correcting something here. Before any misunderstandings happen.

You CAN solo queue for CT. And you're only able to create a pre-made party of max 8 people. So you can still queue up in smaller party numbers as well. However unlike the usal pre-made party. You're forced to create a party following the standard party setup of 2x Tank, 2x healer, 4x dps (if you have 8 people). I'm also assuming that we're able to queue as smaller groups like 1x tank, 1x dps and simply have the other slots filled by randoms.