Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! (/showthread.php?tid=5770)

Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - BroodingFicus - 12-11-2013

Little late on noticing this thread but everyone knows potted plants are always fashionably late. Since it seemed to stick in the last mmo I played, you can call me Ficus. Feel free to hang ornaments etc. 

I've been in FFXIV for a few months now but I've been roleplaying in mmo's for about six years and just roleplaying in general for about ten or so. I followed my friend into Balmung to join the masses of other people who might have overly detailed character sheets scratched out on envelopes. 

I play a level 50 bard named Orumloix Pahjin as well as a few alts in the making. Orums heritage is a sore subject, raised by an Elezen merchant after he was left to die at the age of six by his mothers family. While he is literate and rather well educated over all, he is often more beast than man at heart, living off the land and avoiding major cities. While he can fake 'civil' rather well when it suits him, don't be surprised if you find yourself dealing with his sharp tongue and snapping teeth on most occasions. I would apologize in advance for anyone he backhandedly insults but he scares me. XD 

Wiki for Orum

I rp quite a bit, though like Orum, I often avoid huge hubs in favor of doing things out on the road etc. However, always more than happy to have him run into others. So feel free to PM me if your ever up for some less civilized encounters. 

As for my less coordinated, less cat like self, I work quite a bit but in my free time I tend to be drawing or writing something. Terribly exciting I know, but it ain't easy being a Ficus ok? 

Nice to meet you all, 
The Ficus

*shuffles into nearest corner*

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Faye - 12-11-2013

You're the first Ficus I've met in a long time. It's good to have you here! Feel free to say hello if you see me around in game, and just shout if you need watered.

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Hammer - 12-11-2013

Welcome Ficus! I'm glad you decided to put down roots on Balmung, and I hope you never leaf.

(12-11-2013, 05:07 PM)BroodingFicus Wrote: I rp quite a bit, though like Orum, I often avoid huge hubs in favor of doing things out on the road etc. However, always more than happy to have him run into others. So feel free to PM me if your ever up for some less civilized encounters. 

I'm with you on that one. I like to RP while I'm out adventuring, or running dungeons. Keeps things fresh!

If you have the inclination, please feel free to say hello in-game!

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Rinh Hallani - 12-12-2013

(12-11-2013, 08:32 PM)Hammer Wrote: Welcome Ficus! I'm glad you decided to put down roots on Balmung, and I hope you never leaf.

+1 for puns.

Welcome to the RPC, Ficus, and enjoy your stay on Balmung! Feel free to say hello if you see Rinh about. ^^

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Olofantur - 12-12-2013

Greetings and as the ones before me have said welcome to the RPC Ficus

I nosed around your previous posts and have to say I really like the art thread. There are a lot of talented people here and its always nice to see more join. The opportunity to see a representation of how the owner sees their character, the subtle expressions, the colours, its all very informative. my own artistic skills aren't impressive so i've turned to making commissions instead. I suggest regularly updating your art thread maybe once a month or so, there are undoubtedly plenty who would be interested.

Theres also a favorite site of mine
https://artistsnclients.com
That serves is an intermediary between clients and artists (as the name says T_T) allowing security for both sides (auto water marking, only release upon payment ect.)

But onto the deluge of links! maybe you've seen this stuff, maybe you haven't hopefully at least some small nugget of information will come out of it! (Also, nice wiki entry a lot of people don't realize just how much traffic those pages get!)

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/misc.php?page=welcome
Fairly simple, gives you a bit of information about the RPC as well as talks about the major parts of the RPC, Lantern, Wiki, Linkshell hall etc.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1770
This is an RP handbook, and while a great deal of the information is likely a re-tred to "old hat" RPers, there are some sections that are exclusive to FFXIV, namely The Echo & Teleportation. The rest is certainly worth a skim over if nothing else for the well framed ideas and examples provided.

But maybe you just want to jump right in, which is certainly a charming idea! I'm surprised neither Faye, nor Rinh mentioned their respective organizations "Harbingers of Dawn" And "The Travelers Guild"/ Europa / the other ones whos name I always forget T_T. Anyways!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1902
"Intermission" - fairly standard, OOC linkshell fileld with RPers just.. well talking really, about all manner of things. as a warning, some of the topics can be a bit.. adult, but there's also a lot of information on where people are, what they might be up to an all that jazz. Plenty of Pearl holders, so getting in touch with them should be fairly easy

But perhaps you just want to have a group to smash your face against HM Titan with, and I think its an excellent bonding experience.. HM titan that is, face smashing can be a bit hit or miss.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=5045
"Balmungs Finest" Is another OOC linkshell, but is dedicated to group content. Braylox, Stone Vigil, the much maligned Aurum Vale and beyond. It focuses on 'balmung first' grouping people on the server, working together and powering through when other "Pugs" might drop group at the first hiccup.

An finally a moment to plug my own initiative (shameless I know..)
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/calendar.php?action=event&eid=55
The Coffer and Coffin even on the coming Saturday is open to all, any person, and clothes, any time (almost.) The last event got quite large, and while it had its peaks and valleys of activity, I like to think it helped a lot of people get a feel for the different groups and size of the player base. Perhaps you can stop in, maybe sneak into the corner.

Whelp, thats about all I can think of for the moment. I hope that you know the offers of those above me are quite sincere, there are many out there willing to help, to get to know people and to offer their time and answer any questions you might have.

Best of luck in Eorzea, hope to see you around Cactuar

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Roen - 12-12-2013

I too would love to encounter more people outside of the cities!  It usually needs a prearranged meeting, but it makes some encounters more organic in my opinion.

And your wiki for Orum is great.  Lots of fantastic imagery there.  Definitely gives him a menacing air.

I'd love to meet him one day!  Feel free to /tell in game or PM me, I love random RP... even when it's kind of prearranged.  Big Grin

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Rinh Hallani - 12-12-2013

(12-12-2013, 12:47 PM)Olofantur Wrote: But maybe you just want to jump right in, which is certainly a charming idea! I'm surprised neither Faye, nor Rinh mentioned their respective organizations "Harbingers of Dawn" And "The Travelers Guild"/ Europa / the other ones whos name I always forget T_T. Anyways!

Haha sorry to disappoint! I usually don't mention unless OP says they're an EU or NA daytime player. 

Ficus, if you do happen to be an EU/NA daytime player, Europa is an OOC LFRP linkshell, The Travellers Guild is an RP FC and Eorzean Union is an endgame PVE FC, all playing at EU peak times (5 pm GMT/12 pm EST onwards). If not, we still might bump into each other as I'm trundling off to bed so feel free to say hi!

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - Olofantur - 12-12-2013

(12-12-2013, 02:20 PM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Haha sorry to disappoint! I usually don't mention unless OP says they're an EU or NA daytime player. 
Eorzean Union 

AHA~! I knew mentioning the name would bring it out.

Have to remember that one..

Its kind of like candle jack, once you say the-

RE: Greetings from your friendly neighborhood ficus! - BroodingFicus - 12-12-2013

Thanks for all the welcomes and salutations and offerings of h2o ladies and gentleman. 

I am, unfortunately, not EU/NA daytime player. I'm a night owl in ever sense of the word. Sad. But I really appreciate all the information (and the puns *snicker* leaf.)

Hope to see you guys around. Same offer stand here. Feel free to add/PM. Just, make sure to commence with the traditional ficus greeting dance so I know your clear.