Hydaelyn Role-Players
Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] (/showthread.php?tid=5791)

Pages: 1 2

Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Rad - 12-14-2013

I have been knocking around this idea since I played throughthe main storyline quests at Castrum Centri. I ultimately would like to get a small group of dedicated roleplayers together to simulate our own breakout from Castrum Centri.  I would want somewherebetween 3-6 players and it doesn’t have to be Castrum Centri, but any Garlean stronghold.

I admit that my plot is pretty simple, but I think it gives a lot of leg room for personal character development and for us to write the story as a group which is always more fun. The empire for some specific reason would capture your character. I am open to any reason for the capture, but I think it would be fun if they were all captured because they possess a unique talent that the Garlean Empire wishes to study. They would be subject to some manner of torture while captured. Then they would meet and, of course, break out.

Eventually the characters could go there separate ways ordevelop as a tight nit group dedicated to thwarting the Garlean Empire.

Well, there you have it, is anyone interested? I am open tothoughts, suggestions, and advice.Big Grin

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Aysun - 12-14-2013

NOMNOM. Wish this was on Balmung. That is all.

I hope you have fun!

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Rad - 12-14-2013

Unfortunately, my alt on Balmung is too low level to actually lead or do this event, but I am ok with Balmung Rpers using this and doing it for themselves. =)

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - 4wheel - 12-15-2013

This sounds like an amazing idea.  I'd love to join in, but I'm afraid it would be hard for a DoH to fit.  Being only an IC Leatherworker with no real combat experience, it wouldn't make much sense for her to be taken capture as oppose to being outright executed.

Still it would be nice to see it happen.

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Enzo - 12-15-2013

I could get involved. My Character is a Garlean noble who thirsts for knowledge and loves to learn. I trained and learned all sorts of things but of course the Garlean government kept some information on Eorzea secret. So my character wanting to learn more about the place hacked their systems and stole information. I narrowly escaped the Garlean empire and am now living in Eorzea. The Garlean empire is still trying to get me for the other information I stole as well. So it would not be unreasonable if they catched me. I am only level 40 though So I imagine I would have to level up a bit. Sound kay?

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Ridegmuve - 12-15-2013

I would be very much interested in this, it's a good idea!
Iliette is a hot shot so probably someone told her "Hey, I bet ya your not strong enough to take this Garlean garrison on your own!!!"

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Rad - 12-15-2013

Yay! Apparently Sunday is the day for responses!

4chan, My only issue with having a DoH is that the plan is for us to battle our way out eventually. You could still be captured though. Perhaps your DoH developed a new technique that the Empire is interested in. I certainly up for thinking about it more at least. Do you not have any DoW or DoM that are high level?

Xefjord, that sounds awesome and welcome aboard. I don't plan on doing this right away so you should have time to level a bit more. Worse comes to worse, my summoner can raise you. =)

Ridegmuve, awesome, I would be glade to have Illiette! The only thing I would maybe ask you to consider is why the Garleans would keep Illiette alive and not execute her, but other than that it sounds good. 

I will give you a little background on my character and what he will be doing their. 

R'adehn is summoner interested in learning to control the primals. He often researches ancient civilizations and how they dealt with primals. During his research, he discovered that some ancient civilizations had means of capturing primal's energy and even bending primals to their will. While trying to discover ways to do this, R'adehn stumbled upon a technique that can enhance a primal egi's power, but it makes them much harder to control (actually, he purposely hasn't done it again because he had almost no control over the egi). A Garlean spy discovered what R'adehn has done and the empire took interested in R'adehn's research. They captured him outside of Revenant's Toll and have seen forcing him to comply with attempting the technique again.

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Ridegmuve - 12-15-2013

Hmmmm... Iliette backsory wise is really just a pugilist/lancer mix that travels all over Eorzea to get stronger for her own means, while she is friendly and cocky most of the time, she does keep people at a distance.
She may have found a piece of crystal and like any good adventurer tried to flog it for the highest price, but nobody knowing it's worth except the garleans (and by no means will she sell out her own country for them) she hid it at a safe place.

Or you know, you guys are next on the execution list (because you guys didn't comply or outlived your usefulness) and got thrown into the same cell as her, while she is waiting for her own...

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Rad - 12-15-2013

(12-15-2013, 04:22 PM)Ridegmuve Wrote: Hmmmm... Iliette backsory wise is really just a pugilist/lancer mix that travels all over Eorzea to get stronger for her own means, while she is friendly and cocky most of the time, she does keep people at a distance.
She may have found a piece of crystal and like any good adventurer tried to flog it for the highest price, but nobody knowing it's worth except the garleans (and by no means will she sell out her own country for them) she hid it at a safe place.

Or you know, you guys are next on the execution list (because you guys didn't comply or outlived your usefulness) and got thrown into the same cell as her, while she is waiting for her own...
Ether of these would be fine. We can put some things to a vote on how we want to handle the story once we have all the characters together. =)

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - little-patchy - 12-16-2013

(12-15-2013, 03:00 AM)4wheel Wrote: This sounds like an amazing idea.  I'd love to join in, but I'm afraid it would be hard for a DoH to fit.  Being only an IC Leatherworker with no real combat experience, it wouldn't make much sense for her to be taken capture as oppose to being outright executed.

Still it would be nice to see it happen.

Having lower level/DoH members could add to the challenge (and the fun), in that the other members would have to protect them. Real life refugees aren't all super-kung-fu-spartans, and escapes from oppression/imprisonment usually has the strong helping others.

I'd love to join you all, but I'm also on Balmung. Have fun!

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Enzo - 12-16-2013

So when might we get this RP started up? Just when we get enough people? This Friday I have a week and a half long break starting and I will probably power level to 50 in the first few days. I would be very free after that. If we can't start soon though that's fine. I will help you look around for other people to join us. Maybe if the people involved with my character are interested they can get dragged along too. ^^

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Old Account - 12-16-2013

I've been wondering where your fase has been, R'adehn.  <3

I don't think my character would fit in this plot, unfortunately (or at least not without some crazy RP beforehand), but I think it's a fairly well thought out idea and you totally have my support.  Plan moar!

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Ridegmuve - 12-18-2013

Has there been anymore plans in this made yet? Really want to do this <3

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Rad - 12-19-2013

I have not forgotten about this! I have just been a bit busy with the work thing these last couple of days. 

I would like us to set a date for the event! 4wheel, Xefjord, Ridegmuve. It looks like it is going to be the 4 of us. I am cool with it and it seems like we have a lot of support from various individuals! I am thinking that we might be able to go for it sunday evening or monday evening 8 or 9ish. How does that sound. We can meet in Revenant's Toll and plant ourselves in Castrum Centri. Then we will commence RP.

4wheel, Since your character is not a warrior we can just protect him or her through the RP. =) 

How does all of this sound to you?

RE: Escape from Castrum Centri [Gilgamesh] - Ridegmuve - 12-19-2013

Sounds good to me! I'm GMT though so if you could tell me what time zone you are planning it would be good! Though I'm off on those days so I'm most likely be on for most of the day anyway! 

Feel free to find me in game or pm me here if needed Smile