Hydaelyn Role-Players
Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster (/showthread.php?tid=5864)

Pages: 1 2

Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Amelia - 12-18-2013

I've been lurking occasionally on this website since before FFXIV:ARR's release. I kind of did my own thing when the game came out, did more occassional private RP... mostly just played the game itself.

As a RPer, and as a person in general, I've been finding myself a more introverted individual as the years go by. I haven't really been able to inch into a community properly, if at all since my WoW years... and really only then between Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

I've grown to find RPing, what I used to love to do more than anything in a game... terrifying. Terrifying especially in these newer games because of communities that seem to be so caught up and up to date with the textbooks worth of lore and facts, that if you get one or two things wrong, or make a character that isn't completely "right", your foot is lopped off and thrust down your throat... And forget being invited to exclusive RP events!

So... I've been lurking here off and on, and even peeked into one or two Balmung server events. Ended up sticking to people I knew, though... like glue.

I am posting this here today to hopefully chip away at that wall! I've just joined a new guild yesterday, with all this new content and such.

This is my character Amelia, whom I haven't known for very long (as she's a brand new, non-recycled character for me) but I hope that you like her!

Yes, she's another "noble-type" character.
Yes, she now has the Lightening hairstyle that everybody else has.
And yes, I'm terrified of RPing with you because I'll probably say something wrong because as life goes on, I have less and less time to keep up with lore... and I'll probably make an ass of myself.

-squeals as her security blanket of lurking is ripped from her fingertips- (Nuuuuuu... my comfort zone!!)

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Karaan - 12-18-2013

Welcome in here, I hope you will find what you like.

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Whittledown - 12-18-2013

Burn the security blanket, it was only holding you back! Tongue

Glad to see you come out of hiding!  And don't worry to much about the lore.  If you ever run into Obsidian Hornet you'll find she knows virtually nothing about current events Big Grin

Now Hornet is certainly not a noble, but she can fake it with the best of them provided you catch her on the right day. 

Hope to see you in game some time!

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Amelia - 12-18-2013

Thank you, Karaan! And thank you Obsidian Hornet! I hope to see you in game sometime, as well! Blush

If you see me around, just  a poke or tell it would be a pleasure to rp with you Smile

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - C'kayah Polaali - 12-18-2013

Amelia, I know exactly how you feel!

It's always scary coming to a new game and trying to jump into RP there, in the midst of people who can speak definitively about the minutiae of lore, especially with something like Final Fantasy that's been around for literally decades.

This is a pretty friendly group, though. Except for Karaan, of course. You never know what you're getting with that guy... Big Grin

Seriously, though, we're a friendly bunch. I'm glad you decided to burn the blanket!

(12-18-2013, 07:06 PM)C Wrote: This is a pretty friendly group, though. Except for Karaan, of course. You never know what you're getting with that guy... Big Grin

I'm still wondering where you hide Siha....Tongue

Karaan is a good guys to be around, T'iathar is...more dangerous to be around, but he can be a nice guys..if you are useful to him Smile

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Olofantur - 12-18-2013

As the many have said, I would echo, welcome to the stage.

Be it running in the open world, or lurking in the forums, I hope many interesting people come to make your acquaintance. Best of luck with your guild, and safe journeys in the wide world.

Perhaps a thing to discuss, what WoW servers did you play on? I was a Steamwheedle Cartleian, though I swung around Twisting Nether and WRA from time to time.

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - C'kayah Polaali - 12-18-2013

(12-18-2013, 07:08 PM)Karaan Wrote:
(12-18-2013, 07:06 PM)C Wrote: This is a pretty friendly group, though. Except for Karaan, of course. You never know what you're getting with that guy... Big Grin

I'm still wondering where you hide Siha....Tongue
The best part is that was probably C'kayah's most charitable moment in game to date! She'd been robbed and was stranded in Ul'dah. C'kayah fed her, gave her money, and let her pass out in his spare bedroom when she'd drank too much and gotten vision-sick. Hell, he even made her breakfast the next day! Angel

(12-18-2013, 07:08 PM)Olofantur Wrote: As the many have said, I would echo, welcome to the stage.

Be it running in the open world, or lurking in the forums, I hope many interesting people come to make your acquaintance. Best of luck with your guild, and safe journeys in the wide world.

Perhaps a thing to discuss, what WoW servers did you play on? I was a Steamwheedle Cartleian, though I swung around Twisting Nether and WRA from time to time.
I was on Twisting Nether, Horde-side!

And thank you everyone! ^^ I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing your characters out there! Y'all seem pretty awesome.

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Olofantur - 12-18-2013

(12-18-2013, 07:19 PM)Amelia Wrote: I was on Twisting Nether, Horde-side!

And thank you everyone! ^^ I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing your characters out there! Y'all seem pretty awesome.

D:! YES.

Ran an undead mage name "Heartrattle" from pre-Nuru Nerf to about Mid WotlK there when Steam was being a bag of hilarious fail.

I think one of the key good points of the RPC is the amount of members, no matter the interest, and even though many of them just lurk, chances are you'll find someone who is willing to give their opinion on a question you have. Lore and much else.

Cactuar

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Faye - 12-18-2013

Welcome, I'm glad you've finally decided to speak up! Big Grin It's good to have you here! Don't worry about the lore! It's a lot to take in and remember. It's no big deal if you slip up, and anyone who will make a big deal out of it is just a jerk. Feel free to say hello if you see me around! Faye could use some fellow "noble-type," Lightning-haired friends!

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Edgar - 12-18-2013

Send me a friend invite on Balmung. I'm on every day, and I'd be happy to roleplay with you~

@Olofantur: I was a Healy Priest named Ellysiah, but I RPed the most on a character named Slaid. (Whom I've remade on FFXIV as Slayd Markee. ^^) Both were belfs because I'm ridiculously vain when it comes to video game characters I play. Hahaha!!

And oh my gosh, everyone. Thank you so much for all of the warm and reassuring welcomes! This is wonderful! Blush

RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster - Kieron Lohengrin - 12-18-2013

welcome to balmung =w= there are a few lore resources floating around out there, and you can browse through the Town Square subforum to get a general starting idea of how people's toons behave