Hydaelyn Role-Players
Tlamila - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Tlamila (/showthread.php?tid=5866)

Tlamila - Tla - 12-19-2013

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: T'lamila Sheqa, Noreen Wheeler, Yoyoke Yoke, Sihel Nelhan
  • Primary character: T'lamila Sheqa
  • Linkshells: -
  • Primary RP linkshell: -

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I'd say Medium. I like to RP the most I can, and I like serious RP like plots and whatnot, but I'm not full time IC (ex. if you see me in WHM clothes, you can be sure I'm not IC) and I also like to engage in other game's activities.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Injuries are fine as long as OOC consent is given. If they come from DMIng, they're fine without previous consent as long as not permanent and/or very heavy. I sure wouldn't like if a DM suddenly decided I'd be better off without an arm.

• Views on IC romance:
    I'm all for it as long as the thing plays well OOC, I thik it usually takes a good dose of trusting and knowledge of each other, otherway it risks being carried over in form of OOC drama. 
    Also, I don't ERP. Nothing against it, I just don't like it myself.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    As above, requires a lot of behind the scenes work. I'm quite reluctant though to inserting someone as permanent member of my character's life, since if something bad happens with that person OOC, you find yourself either forced to RP with someone you'd rather not see at all, or have your character in a very problematic situation.

• Views on lore:
    Lore is good, lore is cool. I sure don't like lorebenders, I think we should work with what we are given. But, at the same time, I neither like it being too restrictive, some things can be worked out.
     I consider game mechanics separate from lore itself, so while I can by system be each and every class, I'd have a hard time taking seriously someone who RPs such a character. And I believe the storyline our "hero" goes through, as in all MMOs, can hardly be the way your character is. If you can find a way to put fighting Primals, being part of Scions etc in your story, all the best for you, but always keep in mind you are interacting with other people and not writing a book, so everything must be interactions-acceptable, in my opinion.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    In say, I only consider someone IC if it's pretty apparent that person is IC at the moment. If someone passes by and throws an emote at me, I consider it OOC. 
     Whispers, I consider OOC unless specified, but got myself the annoying habit of writing OOC whispers in brackets with people whom I know does the same. The other chats go as specified, LSs usually state if their chat is IC or OOC. Shouts and all other public channels are for me OOC, apart from specific situations - ex: a voice need to be read over others in rp, when it's cluttered, Yell can come pretty handy.
     Party can be either or, as long as stated beforehand. Usually OOC but if the situation would rather be played in party chat then i say, can be IC:

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: GMT+1/CET
  • Contact info: Here, or Artemisia on enjin

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~