Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sparks Research. (OOC welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Sparks Research. (OOC welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=5870)

Sparks Research. (OOC welcome) - Enzo - 12-19-2013

(( OOC welcome. I will just post whatever my character thinks and finds whenever he hits an event in RP that he would research. Maybe you all can help me find answers to situations I could pull to my research XD. Just the arguing voices inside my head.))

Entry One
   I find every day I am here in Eorzea more dangerous than the last. I realized after my incident that I may not survive long here so in an attempt to pass on my research should I die I have decided to begin recording it in my Tekbook. Not long ago I moved to Eorzea from the Garlean Empire in search of knowledge and to get away from my pursuers. After making my break through and collecting lots of information on the Garlean Empire and many other top secret companies I have realized just how corrupt the Garlean Empire has truly become. I find myself trying to survive everyday because of the information I hold. I seem to have been relaxing too much sense I arrived in Eorzea while the Empire has slowly been improving their means of killing me. I fear I may be getting lazy because the Eorzeans.

Not much I can do. Simply distance myself more from these foolish and primitive Eorzeans. There are kind people here but I can't let them slow or allow me to forget things I already know or am learning. Recently my Nanotek has stopped functioning. It has allowed me a strength above average and has assisted me in surviving the countless attacks I have been receiving from those who want me dead. But with it in a useless state I have had to take drastic measures. I faked my own death to stall my pursuers while I take time to get my Tek back working. I have tested Aether overloading and electric shocks but I can't jump start my Tek. I do not really know what the Wytchwood organization did to me when they enhanced me but I am guessing I need something of their make to jump start my Tek. I have some information from them I have stolen but nothing on how their Tek works specifically. I think the only thing I can do is try to find their experiments which have supposedly escaped then see if I can get information from them. Or experiment with them to get the information myself.
   I borrowed a friends airship pass and fled to Gridania where I stayed in hiding for a bit. I am not staying in one place for too long so I currently reside in Ul'dah. I need to find where those experiments might be. Hopefully I can find some trace here. Meanwhile sense this is where the Thaumaturges guild is I will attempt to get some information for my void research as well. Find out how to hurt the girl who seemed so delighted to hurt me.

End of Entry One

RE: Sparks Research. (OOC welcome) - Enzo - 12-21-2013

Entry Two
   I find myself in a tough situation... I was not able to find much information in Ul'dah on the void and it was not long before I felt the need to move on to shroud my position. I realized that the only place I had left was to go back to Limsa. Upon further analysis I came to the conclusion that to keep running and hiding will amount to nothing. I am only giving the Empire more time to take care of me. Upon my return to Limsa it was as if I had never gone. There was a few slightly shocked reactions but overall no one seemed to care. I had no friends or anyone I was close to anyway. I suppose I prefer the less dramatic entrance. I would not want to be questioned.
   I developed a a wristband I can wear to increase my aether flow just a little. Upon losing my Tek I realized I cannot use magic anymore because of my kinds lack of magical ability. This wristband is a temporary fix and is no where near efficient but will have to do. I can make batteries and harness raw aether in them to cast some small time magic. But it will eat away the batteries extremely fast. I also lost my body support systems. If I receive a injury of any sort I will have to seek out a white mage otherwise I will have to take the long road to healing with medicine. This feeling of weakness... is very... discomforting... Before I could survive long enough to adapt to the situation but now I have to strain to adapt even faster. I am not sure if I will be able to adapt fast enough next time I find myself in danger before it is to late.

I have faith in my engineering abilities and I am better than the average Eorzean. It is simply how I was raised. But I am not invincible. Even before with my Tek I found myself in multiple situations I was only barely able to claw through. I have no one I can go to... Everyone I knew in the Garlean empire would have been killed by now. And people here are very unfriendly to strangers. I am completely on my own. I am not one who prefers to handle everything himself. Even if I know I can do it better, a helping hand never hurts. But there will be no helping hand. Not this time. I do not plan on ending my research after only just arriving in Eorzea. But the future does not look bright. It is becoming more and more crucial that I find how to get my Tek back working. For now I will have to rely on my wits and intelligence to survive. I will find the answer to this problem. I have to. Then I can work on losing my pursuers. If I survive that long that is.
End of Entry Two

RE: Sparks Research. (OOC welcome) - Enzo - 12-22-2013

Entry Three
   To waste time stressing only sets my opponent ahead. I have to work to attain victory and the work will not be easy. Right now my primary focus is survival. I am formulating ideas for gadgets and Tek to help me protect myself and get my jobs done. I will have to progress, adapt, and grow stronger if I ever wish to overcome my problems. That is how everyone gets through life. I am still young and I will have many more trials and hardships ahead. Thrilling... On to the business end.

Some of the Tek I have had in mind has been big. And some small. Number one priority remains getting my Nanotek back working but I also have to factor the possibility of it never working again. In that case I will begin working on a long term goal to develop a suit of armor using magitek to replace what my Nanotek once was. I also need to improve my magical abilities and my Tek that allows me to cast magic in the first place. At the moment I use a metal wristband which injects me with raw Aether to cast small time magic. It is powered by batteries of raw Aether but it eats then away quickly. I will need to develop a more sustainable source. I could also work on improving my already existing retractable sword and spear. Although if I equip them with too much their energy will deplete faster than I desire. Lots of problems and lots of unclear solutions...

On other news I have been offered protection from the same void consumed girl who tried to kill me before and got me into void research in the first place. I suppose I can accept her offer of helping her train one of her students. Much less for the protection but more for the possible experiments I can conduct. I will take her offer into consideration though. With the way things are right now I can use all the friends I can get. I will update upon the happenings of future events. For now I must get to work.
End of Entry Three

RE: Sparks Research. (OOC welcome) - Enzo - 12-23-2013

Entry Four
   I have spent all day and night working primarily on a prototype for the beginning of my project. I was able to steal a few local goods and turn them into material I can use. I am sure no one will mind. I have a rough design made. Tested two times and tweeked to make better. But the prototype I have made still does not work very efficiently at all. It is a pair of boots used to allow more difficult falls to pass with ease and to propel oneself to high places much like the revered Dragoons of Eorzea. I still question how they are able to jump to such heights without technological aid. Maybe it is their naturally higher Aether levels that contribute.

So far I have a rough design using springs, compression, and Aether batteries. Each boot takes three batteries and they will last long enough to jump and land. Upon landing they will shoot out the batteries as the boots relieve pressure. The Aetheric batteries provide the strength to propel the boots through its magically enhanced springs and to help lessen the force of the fall. 
   During experiment one upon landing the fall was very rough and I ended up bruising my ankles. A undesirable experience. Definitely not something I need during battle. I tweaked the springs a bit and tried again later that day. Using a order of spring placement it lessened the fall for experiment #2 but I still had the initial inertia from falling and was forced to roll backwards to dispel it. Not good if I am landing against a wall or on a tight space. It still needs more work but it is making progress. I am heading to Ul'dah to gather more supplies to modify my boots.
End of Entry Four

RE: Sparks Research. (OOC welcome) - Enzo - 12-24-2013

Entry Five
   I have been having too many close calls recently. The desperation for a cure to this problem that plagues me gets stronger and stronger. Yesterday I was captured and locked into a forward outpost of the Garlean Empire with four other Eorzeans. I do not think they realized who I was when they locked me with four others. In such a poorly made cell as well. It was made to contain Eorzeans and they failed to factor the chance of needing to lock one of their own kind into the cell.

The others learned of my ancestry before the guards even did. I wonder how long they have been away from the Garlean Empire and in this war zone. Regardless I was immediately antagonized. They were all in a hopeless state. Clueless of what to do. They were of little help. So I formulated a plan to help us escape. It was a very rough plan and I was not even sure that it would work. It was under the assumption that some of the technology was outdated compared to what they have back in the Empire.
   Well even though my assumption paid off it drained a lot of my blood and upon escaping I was left in a near useless state. I had to use a lot of Aether I did not have and the constant jumping back and forth of my blood aether content made my body reject my own blood. It nearly killed me. Even though I risked my life and worked so hard to help these foolish Eorzeans escape they still were very unfriendly and hostile towards me. The side effects of doing good. People here will hate you for it. There is nothing I can do but move on with my life. I need to work harder to be sure another situation like this does not happen. I recently stole a few guns from the Musketeers guild in Limsa and I am already heavy at work on new projects to assure my survival. Know that no matter how good you think you are, no matter how kind and selfless you try to be. There will always be people out there to hate you.
End of Entry Five