Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A Guard Group for Gilgamesh (/showthread.php?tid=5878)

A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - Enzo - 12-21-2013

I remember in World of Warcraft the many guilds that role played the Stormwind guards. Not many people acknowledged them but they were there for anyone who needed them and could be used in role play for various situations. I loved some of the missions I got sent on as a gnome engineer working for the stormwind guard. Well recently someone made a comment about the lack of organized groups. Static organizations like player made Taverns or Bars. Also big player made organizations such as a Guard for one of the three major cities. With their existence it would better benefit our role play community in allowing a whole new number of role play opportunities to unfold. With guards we could better acknowledge their existence and use them to ask of aid, or criminal groups could work against the guards and allow them actual missions to do against them. Missions could involve citizens which would involve guard which would keep everyone connected in a happy cycle. It allows people to get better connected and helps everyone reach a more satisfying and realistic role playing experience.

I have decided that sense Limsa Lominsa is the biggest Role playing hub we can create a guard group for the city. People could join the guards ranks and patrol the city and keep the peace. Work against criminal groups and help people in need. Have a character who you want to get work with but can't find anything? Join the guard! (Que cheesy poster propoganda) If being a guard is simply not your thing. Well now your shady organization will have a group to go against. Or if you are just a ordinary person (Pshh... who is ordinary?) then you can ask of help from the guards when that creepy old guy stole your miqo'te girlfriend's purse. Roles are completely open and any suggestions or offers to help the group are absolutely encouraged. You can contact me on here, Skype at Mastersticks11 or in game on Xefjord Kiromeda/Miyako Kohaku.

RE: A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - pas - 12-21-2013

I really like this idea! I'm a bit too timid and feel too new to the game to feel like I could pioneer it, but I'd be behind anyone who wanted to make it into something. I think the best motion would be to start as a linkshell and then, if that grows quite large, to create a free company.

RE: A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - Xerys Phen - 12-21-2013

I absolutely love this idea!!! I think that Pas' way of getting it started would be the best. Starting with a Linkshell and moving to a FC if it gets big enough. Honestly i would have no qualms about running it if you're looking for someone to really spearhead this idea! If you want to take a look at my character page the link is below. I would actually be able to work it into my character really well considering his background and his mission in life. Let me know what you think. You can contact me here or on Gilgamesh at Xerys Phen. Im logging in now so i'll see if you're on and get in touch with you! Big Grin

RE: A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - Seriphyn - 12-21-2013

Isn't that the Yellowjackets?

RE: A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - Lizzo - 12-21-2013

1) "Static organizations like player made Taverns or Bars"  - I'll kindly direct you to http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=3896

2) My healer is a member of the Maelstrom icly as a messenger and medic, so could be involved in something like your idea.

RE: A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - Aldotsk - 12-21-2013

Awww I used to be from Gilgamesh and I was going to make something like this... but because of people outside of RP community I had the deal with, I've ended up moving to Balmung :C

RE: A Guard Group for Gilgamesh - Xerys Phen - 12-22-2013

I started up the LS for this and i'm helping Xefjord get this group up and running since i'm at appropriate level and I'm really interested in making this happen.

Our LS name is Yellow Jacket Guard. If you're interested in joining you can pm me at Xerys Phen. Below is another description of what it is we're trying to do!

The idea is for the ls (and possible FC in the future) is to act as the Lominsan guard that can be hired (through rp of course) to handle things like criminals, monster invasions and so on. if interested PM me and ill send you a ls invite! Big Grin thanks!

I've already been contacted by another group about a possible rp interaction with them so the ball is rolling a bit and i will continue to put out calls for interested players through the OOC linkshell on gilgamesh!