Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hi - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hi (/showthread.php?tid=5919)

Hi - Star Lin - 12-26-2013

Just popping in to say hi from Lurkerdom.  Been cruising the site and getting a feel for the community.  I haven't done any RP in the game but hope to get some light RP in the game.

--MMORPG background
Play a few MMOs.  FFXIV, WoW, some GW and GW2, DCUO, and Rift.

--RP experience
No RP experience in any of the games I listed.  But I do have some experience in the old pen and paper and also Message Board/Livejournal communities.

--Character ideas/info
My main character on Balmung is Kestlona Guhtgeiswyn.  I have a basic story work out for her.  I also have a story work out for an alt but haven't been able to do anything with him yet.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
I actually learned about the coalition from Nel Celestine's Youtube videos.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
I'm aiming for light to medium on Kest depending on how often I can get on.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)I work full time, so I'm a bit limited on free time.  Also I'm 38 years old.

RE: Hi - Knight Kat - 12-26-2013

Quote:--Character ideas/info
My main character on Balmung is Kestlona Guhtgeiswyn. I have a basic story work out for her. I also have a story work out for an alt but haven't been able to do anything with him yet.

Is she a Roegadyn? YAYS. So rare they are.

Welcome!

RE: Hi - LandStander - 12-26-2013

When you get settled in game, find me, Dennthota Ahtahrmwyn. There is a Roegadyn LS where we Roe's like to gather together and talk about Roe things, like mini-golf, restaurants with utensils that fit in our hands, and also how to crush the bones of our enemies into a fine dust that we can use for all sorts of thingsHeart

RE: Hi - Star Lin - 12-26-2013

(12-26-2013, 06:13 AM)Knight Kat Wrote:
Quote:--Character ideas/info
My main character on Balmung is Kestlona Guhtgeiswyn.  I have a basic story work out for her.  I also have a story work out for an alt but haven't been able to do anything with him yet.

Is she a Roegadyn? YAYS. So rare they are.
Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome Kat.  Yep, she is a Roegadyn.  I wanted something different from the Miqo'te and Midlander that I play on another server.  Though I might bring my male Miqo'te in as an alt.

Kest is something of a tomboy, having grown up with 3 brothers, and comes from the La Noscea.  She in Ul'dah to train as a pugilist.  That's pretty much all that I have with her background right now.

As for Kest personality, she friendly, especially once she gets to know someone.  She more comfortable during more maleish activities then girlish activities.  I hope once I get some RP on her than I'll work out more of her personality.

RE: Hi - Star Lin - 12-26-2013

(12-26-2013, 10:47 AM)LandStander Wrote: When you get settled in game, find me, Dennthota Ahtahrmwyn. There is a Roegadyn LS where we Roe's like to gather together and talk about Roe things, like mini-golf, restaurants with utensils that fit in our hands, and also how to crush the bones of our enemies into a fine dust that we can use for all sorts of thingsHeart
*quickly write down name* I'll make sure to find you in game.  Sounds like a fun LS, Kest is still trying to find a restaurants with large enough utensils and it never hurts to find out a new way to crush bone into powder.

RE: Hi - Asgarn - 12-26-2013

On behalf of the Roegadyn-Balmung community, welcome!
As Denn has said, it would do you well to join Broken Chairs, the Roegadyn linkshell. One, it makes you feel not so alone in your plus size body. Two, as Denn said, mini gooooooolf. And three, it is where we plot for world domination in a world that refuses to make sturdier chairs. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-...

I mean... Mini gooooooolf! Angel

Also, welcome to the community! I look forward to meeting you in-game.

RE: Hi - Hammer - 12-26-2013

Hello and welcome, Star Lin! I'll echo the celebration of more Roe dames on Balmung. I'm a newcomer to the RP scene myself! Shoot me a message in-game if you're inclined -- I'm always open to finding more people with whom to share a friendly headbutt.

(12-26-2013, 04:58 PM)Star Lin Wrote:
(12-26-2013, 10:47 AM)LandStander Wrote: When you get settled in game, find me, Dennthota Ahtahrmwyn. There is a Roegadyn LS where we Roe's like to gather together and talk about Roe things, like mini-golf, restaurants with utensils that fit in our hands, and also how to crush the bones of our enemies into a fine dust that we can use for all sorts of thingsHeart
*quickly write down name* I'll make sure to find you in game.  Sounds like a fun LS, Kest is still trying to find a restaurants with large enough utensils and it never hurts to find out a new way to crush bone into powder.

I must have missed the bone-crushing conversation, and I wish I hadn't! I keep finding myself with little piles of bone dust IRL, and I have no idea what to do with it. It has such a nice color and it seems a shame to just throw it away...