Hydaelyn Role-Players
"Doubt leads to descent." - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: "Doubt leads to descent." (/showthread.php?tid=5929)

"Doubt leads to descent." - Asgarn - 12-26-2013

Ahoy, forum-dwellers! I have developed an idea for Sergeant Wastbyrtsyn's storyline which, if it goes right, shall become a rather pivotal part of his story. As such, I need people to help me out with it from an RP perspective! After all, what fun is a storyline moment without roleplaying it? ^_^

So! For those of you that don't know; Asgarn so far. (This is a rough version, he does not yet have a wiki page, but it shall be based off this.)

"Born and raised upon his father's vessel, Menphina's Tear, Asgarn was always expected to follow in the footsteps of his forefathers, to take up the axe and live a life of questionable morality. Sired by Wastbyrt Lothnarsyn, an extremely headstrong pirate verging on notoriety in the Northern seas, his mother was some unknown seafaring maiden, having been made to leave the crew of the Menphina's Tear only two weeks after bearing Wastbyrt the son he had so desired. It is believed that Asgarn might have up to five sisters, though with each daughter born, both mother and off-spring were forced from the ship at the nearest port, considered "undesirable". (Potential for one of Asgarn's sisters to be RPed at a later date.)

Though, Wastbyrt's dream of a son whom would take up the tradition of the axe was squandered, for from a young age, Asgarn showed far more promise with a pistol and study of medicine than with any blade. This is not to say he was not without martial ability, able to hold himself in fist fighting brawls, but he devoted most of his time to study. Not chopping the enemies of the Tear to pieces. This brought a troubled upbringing for the young Roegadyn, being rejected by his father, even though he would rise to become the ship doctor after only fourteen moons. Seven more years continued of his service aboard the Menphina's Tear, his father gradually growing to accept his choice, though never truly embracing it.

On Asgarn's twenty-first moon, the Menphina's Tear made port just off Aleport for a night of debauchery, drinking mead and spinning of tales in celebration of this momentous occasion in young Asgarn's life. Fate, on the other hand, had other plans. He had planned this night for months, the night he would abandon this life he knew was not his to lead. As such, that night, Asgarn vanished, staying out of sight and using what little gil he could take from the coffers to take the next caravan out of Aleport. This caravan was headed for Limsa Lominsa.

Upon arriving in Limsa Lominsa, the first thing that struck Asgarn was the striking, red uniforms of the citystate's stalwart protectors. The Maelstrom. From this point he knew what he wanted to do with his life, devoting his pistol and his knowledge of medicine to the grand company for the next three moons.

During this time, he has raised himself to the rank of Storm Sergeant First Class, preferring now to go by the name "Sergeant Wastbyrtsyn". A jovial, yet stoic upholder of Lominsan law, Asgarn believes fully in the ideals and protection of the naval citystate."

That's my idea of a brief overview and the netting of what his Wiki shall be based off. Smile Now, this point in his story that I wish to put in to action is in fact him -leaving- the Maelstrom to become a mercenary of sorts. (Also an  excuse to level my Monk class. ;D) What I would need ideally would be a group of 2 - 3 Limsa-based/mercenary/morally questionable RPers to talk to him IC and make him doubt his allegiance. From there, I plan to have him leave Limsa and his service to the citystate behind... Not taking up the axe like his father, but for a while living the life of a mercenary with little to no faith in the citystates.

I would also be open to any "morally-questionable" free companies at this time. So far, the only one of know of is the Night Blades.

As such, I shall leave this post here and await any replies if anybody would be interested in helping me out with this. Smile Thanks for reading and I hope we can work together! ^.^

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Whittledown - 12-26-2013

The Black Lotus Cartel operate in the gray areas between legal and illegal so if Asgarn isn't ready to make the jump to pure villainy they may be a good step.

Plus it would give him a chance to find out that everything Hornet has ever said to him has been a lie Big Grin

lotus-cartel.enjin.com is our website if you want to take a peek!

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Asgarn - 12-26-2013

That is a very real possibility. o.o When you're next on, could you hook my up, Hornet? Also, I don't suppose a certain flirtateous Roe would be willing to help with thiiiiis? Moogle

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Whittledown - 12-26-2013

Sure thing, next time you see me on feel free to give a poke Wink

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - ansemaru - 12-26-2013

Morally questionable FCs, you say? Well, I can help with that.

Lansquenet is a troupe of shady individuals who've got their paws stuck in all kinds of underground business- smuggling, thieving, illegal gambling rings, hostile takeovers of mines, that sort of thing. Of course, they're also a theatre troupe trying to make a name for themselves in Eorzea's city states. It's a good cover for the nastier stuff, and it does net them a fair bit of money from far more legitimate means. We certainly have an eye for those who have become disillusioned with the city-states and Grand Companies, though most of our members are, if anything, specifically disillusioned with Gridania.

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Flickering Ember - 12-27-2013

Currently away on Christmas vacation. Been unable to play FFXIV through like all of December thanks to the holiday season. By the turn of the new year though I'll be looking to hop back into RP so I'd love to reconnect with old friends as well as meet some new people. 

My gal is morally gray and I can already see her trying to convince your character to leave the Maelstrom.

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Asgarn - 12-27-2013

Ah, wow! I wasn't expecting such replies. ^_^ Thanks a lot, guys!

Ansem - Would your FC, by any chance, need hired muscle? As charming as Asgarn is, I can't see him being a performer. Sad Maybe if he gets a bump on the head... Wink

Whittle/Obsidian & Ember - I would love to have you both involved in this RP plot! I can easily contact Obsidian in game, but are you part of our LS, Ember? If not, I can add you. Smile

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - ansemaru - 12-27-2013

Certainly not all of us are performers. Anstarra on the forums here is a member of the FC whose primary job is security at shows/our future bar and sticking things with the pointy end of a spear. And she could always use co-workers. I'd recommend seeking out either Skoena Fraewyn or Fenr'ir Nebelung in-game about actually joining, or barring them, Cendrillon Braids.

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Asgarn - 12-27-2013

Awesome, awesome. :3 Shall inquire after he's... TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. BombTonberryEvil ...Cactuar!

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Flickering Ember - 12-29-2013

(12-27-2013, 05:02 PM)Asgarn Wrote: Whittle/Obsidian & Ember - I would love to have you both involved in this RP plot! I can easily contact Obsidian in game, but are you part of our LS, Ember? If not, I can add you. Smile

Yes. Big Grin I am in that linkshell already. I will contact you when I get back from vacation.

RE: "Doubt leads to descent." - Asgarn - 12-29-2013

Oo, excellent. ^.^ The 'descent' has began in it's preliminary stages thanks to some RP with Obsidian last night. However, there are still a few milestones to pass and you're welcome whenever you are available. Big Grin