Hydaelyn Role-Players
Say Hello to the New Boss - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Say Hello to the New Boss (/showthread.php?tid=5967)

Pages: 1 2

Say Hello to the New Boss - Kylin - 12-29-2013

As has been announced awhile ago, I have been planning to step down from the admin role for some time. Today is the day that I announce my replacement for the position, along with all other details relevant to the situation. First and foremost, let me reiterate that my stepping down still has nothing at all to do with any kind of dramatics anywhere or with anyone. My passion for running this site has simply withered to extremely low levels and I feel the community requires someone at the helm who is more energetic.

I also want to take a brief moment to lay out the game plan going forward. I will remain on as the site's primary admin until February 16th, when I will relinquish complete and total control of the site to the new admin. Those with any historical knowledge about this site will recognize that as being the day after our four year anniversary for the site's founding. Up until then, I will focus on transitioning the new admin into their role and making them feel comfortable with all the site directories and whatnot.

With that out of the way, let's get to the part that most of you actually care about! Please help me welcome the new RPC admin, and join me in supporting him going forward into the new year and beyond. Congratulations Freelancewizard!! Welcome to the madness and best of luck. ^.^

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Aysun - 12-29-2013

Ahh, such relief of stress just now. Glad to see the role of admin going to you Freelance!

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Nel Celestine - 12-29-2013

Welcome to the leadership position.  I don't imagine this will be easy for you but work hard and you'll have a dedicated group here to support you.

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - LiadansWhisper - 12-29-2013

Oh nice!  Freelance, you silly goose, good luck!

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Berechar - 12-29-2013

I may be new here, but I think I can offer my congratulations nonetheless. Running a forum is never easy, especially one that is well established, so I wish you the best.

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Edgar - 12-29-2013

Welcome to the oval office, Freelance.

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Xha'li Moui - 12-29-2013

Congrats Freelance!

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Goodfellow - 12-29-2013

Congratulations, boss!

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Lan Darklyn - 12-29-2013

Congrats Freelance

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Claris - 12-29-2013

Old boss! Welcome back to being my boss again~

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - cuideag - 12-29-2013

Congrats, Freelance!

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - TheLastCandle - 12-30-2013

Hail to the chief! Good luck in your new role, FW.

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - FreelanceWizard - 12-30-2013

Thanks for all the well wishes, all. Smile I hope to live up to the high standards set by Kylin in the first four years of the site. I'm not intending to shake things up or make dramatic changes; mostly I want to keep things going as they are, which is supporting a great community of great players talking about our great shared story. That said, there are a few areas on which I'd like to work -- in particular on the wiki, where I'd like to make some ease of use enhancements and facilitate additions of cited lore -- and once I get acclimated and up to speed with the site's setup, I'll start moving forward on those.

For those who don't know, my bona fides include MediaWiki and phpBB configuration and administration for corporate intranets, a lot of time editing on Wikipedia, site management for various guilds and LARP organizations, and helping set up the RPC wiki back in the 1.0 days.

If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, my PM box here is always open, so please feel free to poke if you need something. Smile

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Maqali Qulaan - 12-30-2013

I, for one, welcome our new freelance overlord.

Dazed

Congratulations Freelance!

RE: Say Hello to the New Boss - Gideon Aryeh - 12-30-2013

Heh well look at that. Congrats you!