Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] The Laughing Lady - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] The Laughing Lady (/showthread.php?tid=5995)

The Laughing Lady - SlasherV - 12-31-2013

The Laughing Lady is a tavern. An inn. And possibly something more. On the outside, it is lovely place to sit, have a drink with friends(even make some new ones), participate in a little revelry after a hard day of battle. A welcoming place, full of smiles and laughter. Cleaner than most taverns of similar price, the staff is always eager to serve a refreshing beverage, or share a friendly word.

But beneath this lovely exterior lurks a shadow. The occasional surreptitious glance between patrons across the room, or a hidden slipped note. Whispers in the corners might hint to those few who welcome secrets. Beneath its chipper exterior, The Laughing Lady is a place for the less savory to gather. A safe haven for everyone, petty thieves, murderers, assassins...The Lady doesn't care who you are, as long as you don't cause trouble within her walls. The tavern is a place to find the services of the not-so-friendly(or legal) sort, or sell and buy some less-than-lawful items...A hub of information seekers and buyers.

RE: The Laughing Lady - C'kayah Polaali - 01-12-2014

I wanted to post a little OOC info about this tavern.

The Laughing Lady exists as both a Free Company and a set of Linkshells. You do not have to join the FC in order to patronize the tavern, nor does joining the FC mean that you are an employee of the tavern - C'kayah, for instance, doesn't work at the tavern.

There is an in-character linkshell which is the basic tavern - sometimes we gather at the tavern at Bronze Lake and use that as the Lady, but mostly we RP within the linkshell. There is also an out-of-character linkshell for use in discussing ongoing roleplay and the like. The feel of the tavern is very much like the Silver Eel (from Fritz Leiber) or the Mos Eisley cantina, so it's definitely not your Prancing Pony.

Contact Kinala Lendis or C'kayah Tia in-game for more information, or for invitations to the linkshells.

[Image: Nald%27thal_Icon.png]

I'll also mention, as an example of the sort of thing we want for the Lady, that the Nald'Thal's Hand Social Club operates out of the tavern. The NHSC, OOCly, operates to provide villains for other people's RP. There are six of us so far in the NHSC, operating as criminal mercenaries. ICly, the NHSC is an organization devoted to the development and exploitation of business opportunities within Ul'dah and the rest of Eorzea, but it's pretty obviously a front.

If you're interested in using the NHSC, ping C'kayah Tia or Emelie Annel in-game. We're both usually in-character and available in the IC Lady linkshell, which is a great place to contact us ICly.

RE: The Laughing Lady - SlasherV - 01-12-2014

We surrendered Bronze Lake to some EU FC's that were already using it, C. We have taken over Vesper Bay now. Wink

RE: The Laughing Lady - C'kayah Polaali - 01-30-2014

Just a little reminder, we're having our grand opening tomorrow in Vesper Bay! Come on out and say hello!

RE: The Laughing Lady - Solkasha Blynfyrsyn - 04-04-2014

Saw the Laughing Lady while eyeballing some houses.  It looks good!  I really enjoyed the ground floor.

RE: The Laughing Lady - SlasherV - 04-15-2014

Thank you for the input! And this Saturday, April 19th, Grand Re-opening in the new location! Plot 19, Ward 3, The Goblet.

RE: The Laughing Lady - Orako Echelon - 04-15-2014

Hey, I have been off the game since october and recently came back thanks to my new PS4, but i have missed some things, are you guys saying that you can have a house open to the public in those residential areas? or do you need an invite or what?

RE: The Laughing Lady - Tiergan - 04-18-2014

Hey folks of the Laughing Lady!

Aeon's house is in your neck of the woods and we were wondering what times your crew is usually staffing the Laughing Lady. We're pretty eager to go RP there.