Hydaelyn Role-Players
Sneaking out of lurking - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Sneaking out of lurking (/showthread.php?tid=6095)

Sneaking out of lurking - Kiel - 01-10-2014

Hello! I've been lurking here for quite some time and decided to pop out of the wood work to say my greetings!

I'm Kiel, or rather that's my character's name. I'm from the magical land of England and I'm on the Gilgamesh server! I consider myself a medium rper, it's something I keep meaning to get back into. I'm not sure what else to say but there you have it! Nice to meet you all!

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Roen - 01-11-2014

Welcome to RPC!  It is always good to come out of lurking.  Smile

I hope this site avails you to meeting some great RPers from Gilgamesh.  I've heard it is a growing community over there!

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Kiel - 01-11-2014

I've heard some things but it's been difficult to find the players! I rolled an alt on Balmung but I don't get as much time to play on it as on Gilg, so I'm hoping I can find some active RP going on over here!

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Old Account - 01-11-2014

Rawr, welcome to the RPC and Gilgamesh!

We're hiding the Miqo'nip, that's why you can't find us.  Shoo.

But no, really, welcome.  :3  Always good to have a new person show up.  Our hotspots are generally in Limsa, though it can be pretty quiet for you GMT folk.  If you have a flexible sleep schedule, I'd recommend showing up... rather late for you, and you'll likely see a bunch of more RPers.  Don't get me wrong, there are GMT folk who roleplay, they're just... very quiet, and like to lurk in odd places.

That being said, if you do have a flexible schedule, I recommend checking out the upcoming events on our server.  The EchoK tavern night is a wonderful place to showcase the community, and Shade has collaborated with them to start up a second monthly one.

I shall keep an eye out for you in-game, as I've a very odd schedule.  Feel free to find me as well.  Big Grin

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Kiel - 01-11-2014

Would you say the gilgamesh community is welcome to new players? I've been on the server since beta but haven't really involved myself in RP yet. I'm willing to stay up late events it's just making sure I don't sit there by myself!

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Old Account - 01-11-2014

I won't lie and see we -don't- have cliques or a large amount of shy RPers, but generally people are very open and welcoming, yes.  I would most definitely say you would not have a problem at events!  I was like that for my first event, sat at a table by myself and didn't really talk, and I was dragged (literally) to meet other people.  A lot of folks are very, very nice.

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Rinh Hallani - 01-12-2014

Welcome to the RPC! I'm also in the magical land of England haha. I hope you're having fun on Gilgamesh but when you're on your Balmung alt, you might want to check out Europa, an OOC/LFRP linkshell for EU players. I don't know if you're looking for an FC on your alt as well but, if so, The Travellers Guild is an RP FC and Eorzean Union is an endgame PVE one, both for EU players. Also try and stop by the Bronze Lake Resort; it's EU timed and a great way to meet new people.

Enjoy your stay! ^^

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Kiel - 01-12-2014

(01-11-2014, 09:08 PM)Edalyne Wrote: I won't lie and see we -don't- have cliques or a large amount of shy RPers, but generally people are very open and welcoming, yes.  I would most definitely say you would not have a problem at events!  I was like that for my first event, sat at a table by myself and didn't really talk, and I was dragged (literally) to meet other people.  A lot of folks are very, very nice.

Well that's good to hear at least! How big do you say the turnouts are for events? I don't mind being dragged to meet other people since I'll likely be bringing friends along anyway!

(01-12-2014, 06:17 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Welcome to the RPC! I'm also in the magical land of England haha. I hope you're having fun on Gilgamesh but when you're on your Balmung alt, you might want to check out Europa, an OOC/LFRP linkshell for EU players. I don't know if you're looking for an FC on your alt as well but, if so, The Travellers Guild is an RP FC and Eorzean Union is an endgame PVE one, both for EU players. Also try and stop by the Bronze Lake Resort; it's EU timed and a great way to meet new people.

Enjoy your stay! ^^

Oh i'll definitely check it out then! My character on Balmung is a very low level (not even 10 yet) would that still be ok?

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - the_Fifster - 01-12-2014

Mind If I join you in your adventures of "stopping lurking". Sounds like a plan of action.
I do need to get out more, even if it is only to an outside environment online. Small steps. Small steps.

However I am currently on the Balmung severer not Gilgamesh.But getting more involved is still a good idea i think. :>

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Old Account - 01-12-2014

(01-12-2014, 09:10 AM)Kiel Wrote: Well that's good to hear at least! How big do you say the turnouts are for events? I don't mind being dragged to meet other people since I'll likely be bringing friends along anyway!

It varies for the tavern events, as people come and go throughout the three-hour period, but generally there is a rather large turn-out.  Enough that you can, and will, be chat-spammed to hell and back by legitimate roleplay emotes and /says.  People eventually spread out through the settlement, and it goes down a little bit in chat-spam, but there's still a fair chunk of the community out there for those things.

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Rinh Hallani - 01-14-2014

(01-12-2014, 09:10 AM)Kiel Wrote: Oh i'll definitely check it out then! My character on Balmung is a very low level (not even 10 yet) would that still be ok?

Oh yes, of course, that'd be fine! ^^

RE: Sneaking out of lurking - Kiel - 01-14-2014

(01-12-2014, 11:17 AM)Edalyne Wrote: It varies for the tavern events, as people come and go throughout the three-hour period, but generally there is a rather large turn-out.  Enough that you can, and will, be chat-spammed to hell and back by legitimate roleplay emotes and /says.  People eventually spread out through the settlement, and it goes down a little bit in chat-spam, but there's still a fair chunk of the community out there for those things.

Ok then! I'll definitely see about checking one out, though the timezone may be an issue (Fridays work better for me than Saturdays) I'll keep an eye on the event forum regardless!

(01-14-2014, 10:20 AM)Rinh Hallani Wrote: Oh yes, of course, that'd be fine! ^^

That's good news! I'll shoot a tell over next time I'm on Balmung and I have the time to play, I'd hate to just join and scoot off right away!