Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, kupo! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, kupo! (/showthread.php?tid=6225)

Hello, kupo! - kururuchan - 01-25-2014

Hi! My name is Kururu - and I'm new to these parts! I come from Dreamwidth Roleplay - which is basically a play-by-post environment - and I want to try out FFXIV roleplay. Though my main OOC server is Mateus with my character there, I haven't actually RPed before in an MMO. I hope to, however, play and have fun with everybody. (Though I haven't finished the story yet, I know the spoilers and have been working on it!)

The sort of roleplay I enjoy is the sort which takes characters to their limits, mostly emotionally. I tend to play characters who aren't fully heroes or villains - they tend to go between, depending on the situation. Though I do like playing the hero-turned-villain a little...

I'm probably gonna roll up a Lalafell Dunesfolk, though, because I like their design, and have already been working on one (a thief wanderer character). I hope to make lots of friends! c:

Now I still need to decide Balmung or Gilgamesh, haha.
Chocobo

RE: Hello, kupo! - Steel Wolf - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 07:17 AM)kururuchan Wrote: Now I still need to decide Balmung or Gilgamesh, haha.
*cough GILGAMESH OMG cough*

c:

Welcome to the RPC, and a pre-emptive welcome to Eorzea!  :3  I'm curious how much MMO experience you have, actually, but regardless of that the roleplay in this game is robust and engaging, and the people here in the RPC are megaflare levels of friendly.

Regardless of which server you choose, I hope we get to interact in some manner soon.  My Roe luvs her some Lalas.  ^.^

RE: Hello, kupo! - kururuchan - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 09:02 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Regardless of which server you choose, I hope we get to interact in some manner soon.  My Roe luvs her some Lalas.  ^.^

This... is actually my first MMO, ever. At all. The game itself was cheap at the local EB Games (yeah, I'm Australian, but I'm on at odd times what is sleep), and a friend of mine sold me on it being the closest to an Ivalice MMO I'd probably get to play, so! Here I am! Even before deciding to RP, I've found how friendly people are on my home server, helping out each other!

Haha, I've been researching (a lot), and I think Gilgamesh it is for me! I've spent this time also designing how I'm gonna make my guy look, and hashing out a fun backstory and history.

[Image: WdVpB4t.png]

(I forgot to mention! I love to draw.)

RE: Hello, kupo! - Old Account - 01-25-2014

Welcome to the RPC!

If you do come to Gilgamesh, make sure to look me up and say hi!  We're a bit smaller than Balmung, but we're also very tight-knit as we all work together to build up our community even more so.

Your lala is adorable.  We need more lala roleplayers.  Please, don't hesitate to poke any of us if you have any questions.  It's always nice to see someone come out of their comfort zone and try RP elsewhere.  Smile  

If you'd like to come see our community in action, there's an event tonight (at least, for me) at 8PM EST out at Bronze Lake.  It's a tavern night, and one of the nice examples of how our community bands together and hangs out.  Please, poke me if you've any questions!  I do not bite.  :3

RE: Hello, kupo! - Steel Wolf - 01-25-2014

I can totally vouch for Edalyne's awesomeness.  <33

RE: Hello, kupo! - kururuchan - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 11:33 AM)Edalyne Wrote: Welcome to the RPC!

If you do come to Gilgamesh, make sure to look me up and say hi!  We're a bit smaller than Balmung, but we're also very tight-knit as we all work together to build up our community even more so.

Your lala is adorable.  We need more lala roleplayers.  Please, don't hesitate to poke any of us if you have any questions.  It's always nice to see someone come out of their comfort zone and try RP elsewhere.  Smile  

If you'd like to come see our community in action, there's an event tonight (at least, for me) at 8PM EST out at Bronze Lake.  It's a tavern night, and one of the nice examples of how our community bands together and hangs out.  Please, poke me if you've any questions!  I do not bite.  :3
Yeah, I noticed the lack of lala! I mean, I play a Miqo'te OOCly, but I just love small things which can jump higher then their body height.

If that wasn't 4 AM here at that time, I'd be there! (And if I hadn't literally just started him in Ul'Dah as well because even if he's an unaffiliated thief, I think he'd look best with a sword - looks like I'm gonna find a way to get my character out to the other main areas quickly, though!)