Hydaelyn Role-Players
Games You Can Find Me In! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Games You Can Find Me In! (/showthread.php?tid=6245)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Asgarn - 01-28-2014

... *Ears shoot up* Sabotage, you say? Eheheheheh... Now I'm intrigued.

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Steel Wolf - 01-28-2014

Sabotage Mission:  All sneak, no fight.  Avoid traps, cameras, and other pitfalls.

Investigation Mission:  The "adventure game" part of TSW.  Solve puzzles and riddles to complete.  HUGE XP gains, and some of THE BEST missions in the game, though some will require some very obtuse levels of knowledge, like Morse Code or reading sheet music.

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - No Longer Exists - 01-28-2014

Honestly, it's a really -really-fun game, the graphics are nothing spectacular like FF14, but the story is impressively interesting and darkly entertaining.

Sounds like the nearest thing to actually being in a secret society. But who would ever wish for that, eh? Ahaha... Ha... *Shifty eyes* I might have to give it a go. Big Grin

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - MimettGreens - 01-28-2014

You guys are really making me want to try TSW and rejoin Tera. >_< I have EU and US copies of Tera...not sure which one to go back on! XD

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Rinette - 01-28-2014

(01-28-2014, 05:49 PM)MimettGreens Wrote: You guys are really making me want to try TSW and rejoin Tera. >_< I have EU and US copies of Tera...not sure which one to go back on! XD

Riiiiight! If I wasn't saving up for ESO to come out I'd buy TSW. If you do go back to Tera I'd go US version, I've heard that the RP on EU is dead. Although EU has better vanity gear. They get tooooonss more then the US does (or at least more options within the the sets).

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Lost River - 01-28-2014

I'd still get the basic version of TSW, it's 30 USD, if you can find it cheaper, it's usually on sale on Steam or Amazon all the time.

As for ESO, I've been in it's late alpha and beta all the way through. Without breaking the NDA, I will say... the game is dangerous close to FFXIV's first launch. It seriously needs at least six more months on top of it's release date.

(01-28-2014, 07:12 PM)undefined Wrote: As for ESO, I've been in it's late alpha and beta all the way through. Without breaking the NDA, I will say... the game is dangerous close to FFXIV's first launch. It seriously needs at least six more months on top of it's release date.

This. Can't say much at all because of the NDA, but this.

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - MimettGreens - 01-28-2014

(01-28-2014, 06:39 PM)Rinette Wrote: Riiiiight! If I wasn't saving up for ESO to come out I'd buy TSW. If you do go back to Tera I'd go US version, I've heard that the RP on EU is dead. Although EU has better vanity gear. They get tooooonss more then the US does (or at least more options within the the sets).

Yeah, I find that the EU has nicer vanity items and they also have an emote tab in the shop area, but it has nothing in it, so I dunno if that means they plan on implementing new emotes to purchase...wish it were a walk button they were implementing. I'll most likely go onto the US version Smile

I'm buying ESO once it comes out, I really enjoyed beta but it seems like it needs quite a bit of work in certain aspects.

I've been checking out the TSW videos on youtube and it's seriously appealing, especially if there's so much RP in it.

(01-28-2014, 08:18 PM)MimettGreens Wrote:
(01-28-2014, 06:39 PM)Rinette Wrote: Riiiiight! If I wasn't saving up for ESO to come out I'd buy TSW. If you do go back to Tera I'd go US version, I've heard that the RP on EU is dead. Although EU has better vanity gear. They get tooooonss more then the US does (or at least more options within the the sets).

Yeah, I find that the EU has nicer vanity items and they also have an emote tab in the shop area, but it has nothing in it, so I dunno if that means they plan on implementing new emotes to purchase...wish it were a walk button they were implementing. I'll most likely go onto the US version Smile

I'm buying ESO once it comes out, I really enjoyed beta but it seems like it needs quite a bit of work in certain aspects.

I've been checking out the TSW videos on youtube and it's seriously appealing, especially if there's so much RP in it.

I know! And this one-time payment thing only helps to make it more appealing. For my character concept, there really is only one society: Illuminati.

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Steel Wolf - 01-28-2014

(01-28-2014, 08:23 PM)Asgarn Wrote: I know! And this one-time payment thing only helps to make it more appealing. For my character concept, there really is only one society: Illuminati.
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you first meet K.G.  XD

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Tobias Nightbringer - 01-28-2014

I was somewhat hyped about The Secret World when it was first announced, but kept my optimism cautious at best. 

Unfortunately the game didn't get good enough reviews for me to give it a swing (and this was during the time I had no interest in RPing. I just wanted to pew pew). 

However, now that I know the game has a large RP community...and I still want to pew pew. Hmm...only problem for me is I would even have LESS time, more so than I do even now, to play FF14 if I got sucked into TSW. Oh the dilemmas!

Oh but if anyone is looking to rob banks (Payday), kill zombies (Left 4 Dead), explore the universe (Starbound), be a loser (ugh, yeah I play League of Legend fairly often again--ugh again xD), fire at will! Tongue

Dem Steam sales.

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Lost River - 01-28-2014

TSW is a great game, but it should have gotten higher reviews than it did; it although at first did have the whole "no hand-holding" and I do agree, most of the attack animations suck (as they are changing) and PvP isn't great... but, it's primarily a PvE MMO with PvP as an after-thought. A lot of reviewers were more critical due to "No open world PvP? Uninstall!" I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10 if I was to review it at launch. It's slowly creeping up to 9 with each new update, such as pressing T turns on 'crosshairs mode". Where you don't tab target, but aim at the target and press an ability action!

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - Lost River - 02-01-2014

New update! I now play SWTOR with a few friends also, if you ever played and wanted to come back; please use my referral link also. You get a bonus kit (free goodies and inventory increase per character) and additional 7 days!

http://www.swtor.com/r/sV74tH

RE: Games You Can Find Me In! - synaesthetic - 02-05-2014

I play... this game. And singleplayer games.

I sometimes log into RIFT and look at people's dimensions, but I don't really "play."

I sometimes log into Guild Wars 2 and wander around for an hour.

I can't get into anything that doesn't have a subscription fee. I don't trust F2P games to stick around long enough for me to actually invest any sort of time into them. Also I can't stand games that try to sell me shit.