Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yet another adventurer... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Yet another adventurer... (/showthread.php?tid=6264)

Yet another adventurer... - Vana'to Eru - 01-31-2014

Greetings all you awesome people!!

Yes you are awesome because you are Roleplayers and you know you're awesome. And that makes you all even more awesome! Anyway, enough about all of you awesome lot.

I suppose the idea here is to put some information about me!

Since I'm super lazy, I'll use the template provided to set forth my answers for all of you strange/creepy/lovable/crazy lot!

-MMORPG background-

I have been playing MMORPGs since well, I suppose it would have been my high-school days really.

I've tasted the flavours of all different types of the MMOs out there - from everywhere really - whether they be from Korea or China or Japan or who knows where else!

Currently I am playing:
CoX (CoH/CoV) - we all know it's still alive. Yes it is. It is not dead. NEVAR!
STO (not as much)
TSW (I need to fix my big computer before I can start playing this again!)
SWTOR (see above reason)
LOTRO (currently my favourite and my most active MMO next to FFXIV)

and obviously:

FFXIV - which I currently play on my PS3 because of the same reason I cannot play TSW. My main computer be dead. *cue the pity*

Anyway, that's that.

Oh, if any of you are really interested - I've also played in my fair share of MU*s (MUDs/MUSHs/MUXs) including those from Iron Realms. But also those themed towards Star Wars / Star Trek / Battlestar Galactica / Shadowrun -- you get the gist!

-RP experience-

I humbly consider myself to have had a very diverse set of RP experiences thanks to my exposure to MUSHs, but I've also RPed within City of Heroes (Lest we Forget) and also LOTRO which I am currently still active on Laurelin(EU).

The heavest forms of RP I've experienced would be on the MUSHes -- as a Battlestar CIC Officer, a Jedi Padawan - then Jedi Knight with an apprentice, a pilot for a spaceship on a Firefly MUSH, as well as a Soldier of Gondor at one point too if I recall correctly!

And now here I am breathing the air of Eorzea!

-Character ideas/info-

As a starter to a new game, I always go the easy route and pick a tanky type character - the whole proud and honourable dude who will do what he can to help where he can if he can, even if he becomes defeated...it's the easiest entry.

However in the future, as I get to know the lore and the people/places of Eorzea better, then I will look into more complex characters or maybe even more benign characters - like a travelling merchant or something to that effect.

Oh hell, almost forgot, I'm currently working on:

Vaes Marr [Gilgamesh]

I'm also thinking of making a character on Balmung to see what things are like over that side Big Grin

-How did you learn about the coalition?-

After joining an RPFC, I decided to google: FFXIV Roleplayers -- and found the link Big Grin

-What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?-

I am aiming to be available through all three!

Preferably medium to heavy if I ever get the chance and the time to do so!

-Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)-

I live in Western Australia, which makes timezones a right real bother.

I also speak fluent English and Indonesian.

I think that's about the most important thing to mention!

RE: Yet another adventurer... - No Longer Exists - 01-31-2014

Welcome to the RPC! Good to meet ya and also nice to see another CoXer still flying their cape! I miss that game so much. Laugh

At any rate! 

Hope to see you in game on Gilgamesh!

Cheers!

-Black Hat

RE: Yet another adventurer... - Steel Wolf - 01-31-2014

Awe....CoX gives me the feels.  :c

Welcome to the RPC, and to Eorzea!  If you're on Gilgy at around 7pm EST (...which would be midnight UK so...maybe not... o.o ), then feel free to look me up!  You sound like tonnes of fun!

...see what I did there, guys? I re-spelled it to make him comfy!  Totally deserve a brownie for that, right?

....no?

...can....can I still have a brownie? 

I'm hungry...:<