Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation (/showthread.php?tid=6274)

[Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Aldotsk - 02-01-2014

I am not quite sure if there are any Linkshell/FC or group has ever thought about making something related to this. So I am going to give it a try.

I've met various groups that are associated with merchants, mercenaries, bandits, criminals, villains, Flame soldiers, cultists, paladins and adventurers. But honestly, let's face it. I have -not- actually seen a specific department that has a group associated with certain Disciple of Hand/Land. So I hereby want to start a Linkshell or even any of my FC members to join in on this interesting activity.

A.C.C. - Arcadeus Culinary Corp. 
Wishes and Encourages every members to join this group to practice their Culinary leveling while roleplaying, but as well as leveling other skills such as Mining/Botany/Fishing for culinary ingredients. 

Through the practice of roleplaying in this group, the grand chef Ellaria Althene will be instructing and lead all other chefs to become as great as her. (And no, it would definitely not be a new episode of Hell's Kitchen starring Gordon Ramsey if that is what you had in mind).

When our FC Arcadeus opens up their own housing space (we are on the goal of having the largest plot), we plan to open a department of restaurant and cafe/bar available for all guests.

This is just a stepping stone and tip of the iceberg for us to start up on our own culinary crew.

----------------------------------------------

What is the catch?
There is nothing suspicious about anything regarding this. Our job is to make foods and leveling at the same time. Everyone will help each other to gather ingredients of course!

There will be times where we will -NOT- be actually cooking foods for all players out there due to the expense and rarity of some ingredients. We hope everyone to understand that we will do our best to cook certain foods for you. If you are ICly roleplaying and requesting for certain foods, and the ingredient is just impossible for us to gain OOCly within that time - we ask that you just play along ICly that you have received it. 

Is there a place for us to roleplay as group of chefs?
QUICKSAND--- just kidding. We are planning to station ourselves in either Vesper Bay (Arcadeus's temporary HQ) or even just request to borrow someone's plot temporarily until we get our own plot.

Is this just only people who will level Mining/Fishing/Botany/Culinary?
It is an idea of leveling, but we definitely do not mind people who wish to take the role of waiter/waitress and bartender! They will all train

Do I get paid for this?
Unfortunately, this whole run-down corporation does not cover benefits, 401k, or even give single gil for your works OOCly. You will ICly be paid however with benefits starting from entry level and through all training program. 

This is an amazing idea! What can I do to contribute to this?
This idea is completely optional! It is hard for me/others to gather most ingredients and cook foods all the time within my budget, so if there any donations/tips that are being funded to Arcadeus - they will directly be funded for the future restaurant/cafe housing and ingredients to encourage this. 
(Arcadeus will remain as relief organization even if the culinary is processed)

Do I have to join Free Company to be part of this?
Not at all! This will be a Linkshell activity for everyone to enjoy, however we encourage that you will join us for Free Company in the future if you wish to have more access to any of our activities!

What kind of members do you need?
There will be two Sous Chef chosen by Ellaria in the future by their performance.
Others will start from entry level trainee to regular chefs. Some will become instructors.
Waiters/Waitresses will also start from entry level trainees then become full time and become instructors.
Bartenders, Sommeliers, Baristas will also be picked by their area of specialties.
Last, the miners/botanists/fishers will be known as "Gatherers" and we will expect that they 

We also require bodyguards/securities/inspectors, and doctors/alchemists as well as lawyers in case if there any health hazard or suspicious customers that may appear before us.

If we join this, are we OBLIGATED to give you the actual ingredients all the time?
Definitely not. This is a fun activity, and it should not be something that will affect you from not gaining your own Gil for your own benefits. Ingredients to this activity is the last priority that you should be doing, and it is just a contribution - not bribery or payment for taxes. If you want to keep your Apkallu Eggs, then please do so.

-------

If you are interested and wish to sign up - Or even have any questions or wish to give encouragements, just contact me through PM or contact me in game as Ellaria Althene.

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Aldotsk - 02-06-2014

This is pretty sad that there aren't people who'd be interested in such groups. 
Less criminal groups, more crafting communities. D:

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - LiadansWhisper - 02-06-2014

This looks really interesting.  It's just, my character wouldn't fit into it.  :-\  I'm sorry.

But I'm sure there are other people out there who would be interested!  Don't give up because the post got missed.  Smile

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Vairemont Malveaux - 02-06-2014

(02-06-2014, 02:04 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: This is pretty sad that there aren't people who'd be interested in such groups. 
Less criminal groups, more crafting communities. D:

I agree. And I did miss this thread.

Do you already have other people involved? You might consider talking to the leading members of the Laughing Lady for membership as well.

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Maril - 02-06-2014

Our FC is in touch with of the hand/land type aspects, within the umbrella of seeking jobs for our members, we have about three culinarians associated with us and such.. It's not the majority of our member-base granted, playing more down to earth roles have always been a niéche, which is why we're being as broad as we can with our concept. 

Anyhow, we have a festival event coming up in late February, and we'll actively ic'ly be looking for people to provide supplies of various sorts for the event, so as to do some lead-up RP that also gives it reason (so we didn't just magically get everything to appear) - if you have anyone connected to your group, there might be a way for some RP to unfold. We're relying heavily on imagination and improvisation for this, so the supplies would most likely not be physical game items.

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Rosekitten - 02-09-2014

Actually I'm rather interested in this as a interaction standpoint. IC i have it stated my character worked in Limsa as a cook for a while when she had two solid jobs. Sadly things got in the way and she moved away or had to leave that job as well as the other.

But there I posted to show interests ^^ <3 Always up for interactions that probably won't end my character up being nearly killed.

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Steel Wolf - 02-09-2014

My character is no culinarian, but I definitely show support to awesome FC ideas.  The fact that there aren't a lot of DoH/L RP FC's (MOST ACRONYMS EVAR!!) out there is a bit of a sad thing, really.

Well done, Aldotsk!

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Celeste - 02-10-2014

My character would be more than happy to be a supplier of ingredients :D

When she's in the area/remembers that she's on this job/realizes that she needs money to eat/isn't worrying about feeding her gobbue/not feeling lazy.......

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Aldotsk - 02-10-2014

I'll definitely contact the following people who are interested, or you can find me instead Big Grin

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Erik Mynhier - 02-15-2014

There's a guild like this on Gilgamesh I think. They're called the Silver Anvil, ran with them a little bit back in beta. I hope you have as good a run at it as they did.

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Aldotsk - 02-15-2014

It is a far stretched goal, but I think there will be those who strive to do something related to crafting  RP eventually, and I'd love to see more of these people show up!

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Rosekitten - 02-15-2014

I still need to get in contact with you about this idea if you made a Ls or not or something to keep track of people ^^; been a bit busy with life issues so it's kept me from the game.

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Aldotsk - 02-15-2014

I've definitely made it, just that this game doesn't like to add people when they are offline for friends list. But I'll definitely let you know!

RE: [Balmung] Arcadeus Culinary Corporation - Rosekitten - 02-15-2014

I'll be on later tonight, probably 7ish EST. My days normally are spent with the little one and she's almost 2 years of age so she's a bit demanding at times of that attention :3