Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gambling Amidst Oranges [ooc welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Gambling Amidst Oranges [ooc welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=6309)

Gambling Amidst Oranges [ooc welcome] - Illira - 02-06-2014

((Just a short scene of two old men talking about orange tree grooves. Nothing to see here!))
------------------------------------------------------------

Alcor leisurely walks down the well trodden path, taking in the fresh country air. He'd been told to head to the orange tree grove just past the crossroads that led up to Summerford Farms proper. So as he found himself approaching sign post, he headed not for the farmstead, but for patch of trees. He noticed that there weren't many workers out this morning, but figured that was probably par for the course, and so made his way into them.

Ildur is idly catching the oranges the roegadyn next to him throws down, placing them on a basket he's holding. He's also wearing a very silly straw hat.

Alcor narrows his eyes slightly at the not-so-much older man in a straw hat, closing the distance between them after a brief pause.

Turning around at the suspicious noises Alcor's boot made against the grass. Ildur lets one arm hanging towards the tree, roughly intercepting the thrown fruits.

The other man stops few feet short of the other man, "So... I hear yah were lookin' fer help pickling some... oranges?"

“We are in need of a new pair of hands, yes. What is your name?”

Alcor grins, "Yeh can be callin' me Al. I presume yeh are the hirin' boss then?"

Ildur is amused by that, smiling a little. “Yes. You can call me Il, Al. I've heard some flattering things about your job experience and, as I said, we could use a new pair of hands. Do you like travelling, Al?”

Letting out a chuckle Alcor responds, "I suppose you could say that, of a sort, I do. I've been achin’ to return to the sea, though I suppose that ain't what yer askin'."

“No, I'm afraid oranges do not grow in the sea. But you'll have plenty of travelling across it while on the job. There'll be plenty plantations in Ul'dah that could use a gardener.”

Alcor shakes his head a little at the thought, "Thats a long a way from Llymlaen's embrace. I'd hope that wouldn't be the only grove in need?"

“We have local plantations, of course, but we don't want a Lominsan man in them right now. If it makes you feel better about the matter, we are a successful business and can pay the aetheryte fees for you, if the job's urgent enough. But even without that privilege your payments should be enough to cover it on your own and have plenty left over.” Ildur pauses, but quickly adds, shrugging. "Unless you are a gambler."

“I find gamblin' balances out at the end days, ain't neither here nor there for me in this age."
“I'm afraid all I have available right now is work in the Ul'dahn orchards. The workers we could find there aren't...level-headed enough, we could say.”

“Their in need of a little clean up then? Or a simple morale boost?”

Ildur smiles. "There's plenty to do there. I hope you can handle both types of tasks."

Alcor shrugs his wide set shoulders, "Think nothin' of it. I'm assuming yeh'll have more details for me 'afore I head out there then?"

“Of course. It would be very rude and inefficient of me to not give you any details. I wanted to make sure you weren't against leaving this island.”

“Ain't La'Noscea I'm attached to. I can bear a little while from the water, if only to prove a point.”

“Good, then. We'll send you the details of your first visit to the Ul'dhan groves. And if you do that well enough, we might contact you more frequently.”

Alcor Baen nods his head, flashing a grin featuring brief golden glints under the morning sun, "Ah, of course." He extends a callused hand to his fellow hyur, "Pleasure meetin' with ya."

Ildur shakes the offered hand. "Have a good day, Al."

“Of course, and to you. Don't be workin to hard, thats why yeh be hiring.” Alcor takes his hand back, turning to head back off the way he came, not looking to be in any particular hurry.

Ildur turns around to watch his basket, holding no more oranges than before. The roegadyn had been throwing them to the wrong spot and never noticed. He sighs at that.