Hydaelyn Role-Players
So... my character got lost yesterday - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: So... my character got lost yesterday (/showthread.php?tid=631)

So... my character got lost yesterday - MereLee - 09-12-2010

Not like deleted... I mean... the idiot got lost. >_>
But, oh~ it was so worth it !!

Yesterday, Lyall was trying to get to Ul'dah from Gridania (his home town). He was told to "follow the road" and he was so eager to start his journey that he forgot to ask "in which direction"... and so he headed north... to Coerthas.

He was so busy looking at the flora and the local monsters... enjoying the scenery... specially when he crossed that stone bridge...
Show Content
and it wasn't until he was too deep in the mountains that he realized "Wasn't Ul'dah a desert ??"

And you know, when you stop to think of something, you tend to tilt your head left or right (that means your brain is working on an answer), and as he did, he saw what it looked like the top of the towers in a castle.
Show Content
His curious nature overtook him and went to take a closer look.

He got to a gate, guarded by 2 Gate guards (lol), Ortefauchel and Hourlinet. They didnt allow him to go thru that gate, something about hearing the voice of the Fury and wandering the seven hells for eternity... meh. Just looking at the castle, even from afar, was good enough for him. Of course, he took a chance to ask for directions:

Lyall: "How far is Ul'dah from here ??"
Hourlinet: "You mean Gridania ??"
Ortefauchel nods in agreement to Hourlinet and says: "Just follow the path over there." then points south.
Lyall lowers his head in shame and says: "Thank you, I shall be on my way."

He walked south to the path, where the guards were not longer visible, and went around the mountains to head back north. He still wants to have a better look of that castle. This is what he saw:

Show Content

Many questions and ideas flowed his head. Who build that castle ?? Why there ?? How long could have it taken to build it ?? Who lives there ?? How many people are necessary to clean every room and how often do they clean it ??...
While his head was busy thinking, his hands by inertia took his sketch book out of its pocket and started drawing.

Soon it was morning.
Show Content
His drawing was barely finished, when a sudden mist covered the view.
Show Content

A sad sigh in disappointment came out his throat. "I shall finish it later" he thought.
Show Content

Lyall turns around and smirks to himself. "Today was not the day meant for me to reach Ul'dah."

[Image: 1284257291.jpg]

<me> screams all fangirly: THIS GAME IS BEAUTIFUUUUUUUULLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one

Re: So... my character got lost yesterday - Vareal - 09-12-2010

Was that Ishgard? Loved the story too, btw, it was like reading a picture book! And you're right, this game is absolutely beautiful.

Re: So... my character got lost yesterday - MereLee - 09-12-2010

vareal Wrote:Was that Ishgard? Loved the story too, btw, it was like reading a picture book! And you're right, this game is absolutely beautiful.

Yes, I think so... couldn't explore any further ... the path was too stretch and filled with beasts... and wasn't on the mood to "see if they aggro".

Glad you liked it ^^

Still had more pictures but the post was becoming too long xD

Re: So... my character got lost yesterday - Spartle - 09-12-2010

Time for me to get out of Limsa Lominsa it looks like! :O

Spartle Wrote:Time for me to get out of Limsa Lominsa it looks like! :O

The boat ride to Thanalan is all the rage! (that's where Ul'dah is) after visiting Ul'dah, take the path north and veer east and head towards The Black Shroud, that's where Gridania is.

vareal Wrote:
Spartle Wrote:Time for me to get out of Limsa Lominsa it looks like! :O

The boat ride to Thanalan is all the rage! (that's where Ul'dah is) after visiting Ul'dah, take the path north and veer east and head towards The Black Shroud, that's where Gridania is.

Just follow the path.

Seriously !!

Ul'dah has awesome landscapes too... below the ground... tunnels and mines... and that little curious monster of which I'm doing research about. (yes, Lyall is finally at Ul'dah but server is in maintenance) -.-

MereLee Wrote:Ul'dah has awesome landscapes too... below the ground... tunnels and mines... and that little curious monster of which I'm doing research about. (yes, Lyall is finally at Ul'dah but server is in maintenance) -.-

Besaid crashed last night at about 3:30 am EST. Guess we roll players overloaded teh sistums.

Re: So... my character got lost yesterday - Eltharian - 09-12-2010

Those pictures are sooooooooo great looking! :approve: I really like hearing about everyones ventures through Eorzea, especially when they get lost and just wander about taking in the sights. :cheer:

[size=xx-smal]I can't wait to do that![/size]

Eltharian Wrote:Those pictures are sooooooooo great looking! :approve: I really like hearing about everyones ventures through Eorzea, especially when they get lost and just wander about taking in the sights. :cheer:

[size=xx-smal]I can't wait to do that![/size]

For many years I thought FFXI was beautiful ... but now FFXIV is just breathtaking !!

I set this one as my desktop wallpaper (1280x960) :

Show Content

Was one of the first pictures I took from that place ^^

Re: So... my character got lost yesterday - Volkai - 10-04-2010

I would say "cool story bro" except you probably wouldn't think I meant it seriously.

Seriously: cool story. Great pics.