Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] (/showthread.php?tid=6310)

Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Raeras - 02-06-2014

(okay well maybe not all of them, but anywayyyyy)

I do enjoy RP in game, though as of late it seems I haven't really had much time to. In any case! I'm awful at random RP. Not sure why, but I'm just not good at starting it, except on like...one or two rare occasions. Planned RP seems to work better for me, and I don't mean planned as an extensive story line (though those are fun and I wouldn't mind dragging Rae in to some!) but more of a planned as even just 'alright so they'll meet here and we'll see how things go'.

Rae is in a transition period and looking for a new start, to get involved in some different things. She is currently residing in Ul'dah and working to kind of take over her former mentors place in his network of contacts (which is a grayer area, she doesn't know for sure yet but he was probably in some shady things). She is a monk by trade and her only real qualm is with the killing of innocent people. She doesn't mind giving people what they deserve-if they truly deserve it.

On the non-work aspect of things, she's rather in to botany and cooking xD so it's completely possible to run in to her in any of the lands while she's gathering supplies.

I wouldn't mind joining RP LSs, but I do like my FC and have no plans of leaving any time soon. So! feel free to post or drop me a PM ^-^, I'm normally in game after 5PM EST (sometimes after 8PM EST, depending)

EDIT:
I also have a Lalafell (who is currently confined to Limsa, only level 8 or so xD haven't gotten her up to the traveling yet) that I would love to try out RPing. Her name is Aani Ani. She's a MRD, but I haven't exactly decided if that's what she'll be sticking with ICly. IC wise I'm thinking something more of a crafters/gatherer, but we'll see! The only other thing to note is that she wears an eyepatch because she's blind in one eye and doesn't like people to see it since they tend to be a little freaked out.

Other than that I know nothing about her so like I said, I'd love to do some RP at he Drowning Wench or anywhere in Limsa and feel her out! So if you have any ideas definitely let me know!

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Kage - 02-06-2014

Hi! Sounds like I might be online around the same time as you and in the same areas.

Kage is making friends in Ul'dah but he honestly doesn't know who might be shady or not. I'm like you, I definitely would prefer to do planned RPs (probably why I started with forum RPing) over spontaneous ones (that and I find it so hard to even initiate RPs with people Q.Q) I mostly just stand there and wing it, being confused on what to do.

If you're ever in Quicksand and see a Lalafell feel free to say hello or post here and let me know what you're interested in.

Kage's more on the.. "good" side of things but he's never really been exposed to anything super shady or whatnot. He's in-training as a Gladiator and hoping to become a Paladin (Sultansworn) but as of late he's been sitting on the railings in Quicksand people watching. He hasn't been able to quite take the good IC advice given to him to just go out and do it (mostly because I find it hard). His story is similar to how I feel about my own life. I don't see him as a main character; he seems more like a supporting character in everyone else's lives. No real triumphs, no real tragedies and he seems happy to have it that way for now.

So if you ever want to plot that you think you want Kage for, let me know by posting back here or in PM or feel free to do so in-game. My PST times seem to match your EST times (ish). I get home usually by 7pm EST.

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Raeras - 02-06-2014

Sounds like a plan! I'm at work right now (yay for being alone for a few hours on Thursdays xD) but I'll think about some things and drop you a PM! Rae is, in my own opinion, Chaotic Neutral, but leaning more towards just a 'Neutral' overall at the moment.  I do occassionally lurk in the Quicksand now and then, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you!

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Kage - 02-06-2014

No worries! Things have been slow at work for myself too so I've been lurking a lot more than... I usually should /glances around

From all the stuff I've looked at, Kage leans towards Lawful Neutral but I wouldn't define him by that standard at all.

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Maril - 02-06-2014

By the looks of it you catch on to the end of my FC/LS's primetime hours. We're european (mostly), some of us are nightowls and your 5PM is our 10PM Smile  We have a linkshell, though it is not very chatty, but regardless we could toss you an invite and see about doing some rp - I know how hard it can be to initiate RP and such, I was like that myself some years ago, but these days I rather like trying to toss people openings and the likes. You might arrive late to our events and such, but if anything, your char might gain a new friend or two among our bunch ^^
Toss me a PM or a tell in-game if you're interested Smile

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - John Spiegel - 02-07-2014

Though I have prolonged leaves of absence from the game due to my job, if you happen to see John Spiegel, Alex Silversheath or Grace Silversheath around in Ul'Dah, they're all me. John (JJ) in particular draws quite the bit of randoms as he's a big highlander dude with scars an eyepatch, grey stubble, big armor and a big weapon... but he frequents the adventurer's guild (or any food joints) and orders a large plate of sandwiches and milk. Milk! That's frequent fodder for random "badasses" commenting on JJ's choice of drink.

Alex/Grace (JJ's children) share certain traits with their father but are far more reserved than JJ. Grace frequently gives would-be suitors (in her eyes) a tongue lashing or simply beats them up. Alex pretty much chats with anyone.

I haven't had anyone -follow- any of my characters out of their mealtime stuff. That'd be interesting to see. Just food for thought. :3

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Raeras - 02-07-2014

That could be fun! I'll certainly keep an eye out for you ^-^

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Kage - 02-07-2014

It was really fun meeting with you last night Big Grin Even OOC at least we were able to set things up~?

I also really need to set up camera angles better because most of the time I see someone wave or approach me too late and I only see them as they run away and/or the chat box. Those /wave 's! XD

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Raeras - 02-07-2014

xD yeah it was nice talking with you! I look forward to RPs this weekend! And *nods* my hinderance tends to be the chat box not scrolling properly so I miss a lot lol.

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Kage - 02-07-2014

(02-07-2014, 11:57 AM)Raeras Wrote: my hinderance tends to be the chat box not scrolling properly so I miss a lot lol.
This. So much. How do people deal with this?

I was in a little small RP on I think Wednesday night and I suddenly see a flood of rp that didn't scroll properly and I had to backtrack fast.

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Steel Wolf - 02-09-2014

I've had that happen to me on a couple of occassions too.  I tend to scroll to the bottom of the box, type in a something, and that tends to do the trick more or less.

...sometimes.  <.<

On point--mayhap I'll run in to you.  Or, more specifically, you'll run into me, since I'm so bloody tall. ^.^

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Raeras - 02-09-2014

xD I shall keep an eye out for ya!

RE: Seeking ALL the RPs~[Balmung] - Karaan - 02-10-2014

I'm always up for rp too and you can poke me in LS Wing since I'm it if you are bored and I'm online Big Grin