Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet! (/showthread.php?tid=635)

Pages: 1 2

FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet! - Satrina - 09-13-2010

http://kotaku.com/5636464/this-part-of- ... r/gallery

Quote:Have a look a these Final Fantasy XIV maps. Each select that is repeated is marked with a corresponding circle, square, whatever and see what parts of FFXIV appear to be copied and pasted.

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Tadir - 09-13-2010

Pretty standard practice.

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Satrina - 09-13-2010

Tadir Wrote:Pretty standard practice.

Liar!

[Image: wowmap.jpg]

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Tadir - 09-13-2010

If companies didn't we would spend more than twice as long on the terrain and would never make any deadlines.

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Eeam - 09-13-2010

I love me some Kotaku, but sometimes they're just biased morons. T_T Stuff like this is the reason I left IGN.

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Emaraya - 09-13-2010

Am I the only one who does not care one bit about the map as long as it is more accurate as the one in LotRO? I mean the graphic of these two places are not similiar are they? So why the heck care about a custom map.

*opens her streetmap* "Oh my god all my highways look exactly the same and look this forest it is the same as there. These cheap bastards!"

No, you're not the only one. Every game does this. It's necessary.

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Satrina - 09-13-2010

Tadir Wrote:No, you're not the only one. Every game does this. It's necessary.

Pretty much, its basically akin to why a lot of anime have scenes where the characters don't move or sit and only speak, it saves a lot of money and gets the product out on time. Cutting corners is fine when you do it right.

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Kylin - 09-13-2010

Tadir Wrote:No, you're not the only one. Every game does this. It's necessary.

Mother Nature does it too. I swear I see the same patch of grass and tree everywhere I go. Freaking real life. Even it isn't realistic Laugh

I like how just about every comment on the article is basically ridiculing the author.

Castiel Wrote:Mother Nature does it too. I swear I see the same patch of grass and tree everywhere I go. Freaking real life. Even it isn't realistic Laugh

I know! The shadows are all wrong!

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Trizzip - 09-13-2010

I thought this one comment from there was pretty hilarious. XD

Quote:Kotaku should instead investigate about the tear in the time/space continuum because we're playing a bad PS3 port 6 months before the PS3 version is released!

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Tyriont - 09-13-2010

Castiel Wrote:Mother Nature does it too. I swear I see the same patch of grass and tree everywhere I go. Freaking real life. Even it isn't realistic Laugh

I like how just about every comment on the article is basically ridiculing the author.

[Image: photoshops.png]

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Freyar - 09-13-2010

I saw it, and facepalmed. It doesn't matter enough to make me rage.

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Asyria - 09-13-2010

Like every single non-instanced cavern or fort in WoW wasn't a copy/paste... Tongue

Re: FFXIV reusing textures on their maps! Alert the Internet - Emaraya - 09-13-2010

Well Warcraft knows alot about production logistics and therefore have regulations for size and architecture of buildings. Saves money and allows a quick rebuild after every orc or legion war.