Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do you want from 2.2? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What do you want from 2.2? (/showthread.php?tid=6477)

Pages: 1 2

What do you want from 2.2? - Erik Mynhier - 02-25-2014

So its getting close to that magical update that is 2.2, close enough to get excited, but not close enough for the official details of what's in the update. This gives us a bit of room to have some imagination-styled fun and do some good old fashioned blind speculations/wishlists. So like the title says, what do you want?

My List So Far
- The other two junior officer ranks from the GCs (ie 1st Lieutenant and Captain)
- Chocobo respec tokens
- More hair for everyone, but for Highlander Males especially.
- AF and Myth based accessories (like Valor Ring or Wizards Necklace) for vanity mostly.
- More Bardings

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - KitKat - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 04:50 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: - Chocobo respec tokens

I came here specifically for this.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Clover - 02-25-2014

I'd love for player housing system to be released in 2.2. I've already chosen where I want Clover to live!

New hairstyles, of course. I'm also eager to see the idle animations they said they'd add.

It'd be cool if characters could also swim in the future.

In any case, FFXIV has proven to have great updates so far, so I'll be excited about anything they want to add.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Elyscia - 02-25-2014

Can I go on ahead and just add what I want in this game and not what I hope for 2.2? Big Grin

For the Squenix Team/Yoshi-P to know that the RP Community is alive and that little things are nice. For example.. when I'm looking at a character and move up really close to them, she doesn't look into their eyes anymore - my character looks as though she's seen something shiny behind them and is staring away off into the distance.. and it's really off-putting.

Make changes to the chatbox: it's clunky. There are games where you can increase the size of your actual character-typing box to see what you've written, and RP'ing with it can be infuriating as shit. And please completely remove flags - I absolutely hate whenever I type something, or for the person I'm RP'ing with to type something but we're sitting around for an extra 10mins and don't realise one of our messages didn't go through because of a filter in the chat system.

An extra sitting /sit2 animation? I know some Miqo'te males who just want to be able to sit properly sometimes.

Being able to use /doze in any beds and not just FC Housing? Individual Player housing too?

I'm always a sucker for new hairstyles, but the one they lack are longer ones. I know they're a pain in the arse to do though.

Oh yeah, I also really, really wish for formal clothes.. like a nice dress for my character that isn't, you know, wench-wear that the prostitutes around Limsa wear. Or... something revealing (err, that 'formal' wear where it's Suddenly Boobs whenever you put it on. Sigh.)
Just some extra vanity/RP clothes - I'm really hoping that they're adding more clothes for crafting in 2.2 thanks to the vanity system.

And an increase in Mythology but since they're adding a new set, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a raise in how many you get per dungeons.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Flickering Ember - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 09:34 AM)Clover Wrote: It'd be cool if characters could also swim in the future.

This is one of the top things I want them to add. I don't know if they will as it will mean redesigning a lot of the world but I would be giddy with happiness if they did.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Clover - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 10:20 AM)Flickering Ember Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 09:34 AM)Clover Wrote: It'd be cool if characters could also swim in the future.

This is one of the top things I want them to add. I don't know if they will as it will mean redesigning a lot of the world but I would be giddy with happiness if they did.
It can happen if they add new areas instead of redesigning the previous world ^^ (well, maybe redesigning the housing maps for people to swim in them would be nice too).

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Steel Wolf - 02-25-2014

Less raid-centric content...but that pretty much is against their entire design ethos right now it seems.

I'll just be totally behind the curve, building stuff in Landmark.  XD

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - allgivenover - 02-25-2014

All of this stuff will be possible if they actually discard PS3 support.

Landmark type stuff in XIV would blow my mind, but it's pretty unlikely I feel...

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Steel Wolf - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 11:21 AM)allgivenover Wrote: All of this stuff will be possible if they actually discard PS3 support.

Landmark type stuff in XIV would blow my mind, but it's pretty unlikely I feel...
Oh, without a doubt.  That'd require an entirely new engine.  Again.

I was more illustrating my lack of attention to XIV of late as a fault of both Landmark and its current raiders paradise direction.  I'm not against the game being a home for that sort of player, it's just not my scene, daddy-o.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - allgivenover - 02-25-2014

I'm not certain it would require an entirely new engine, ARR's is pretty well done, but it's impossible to know its limitations just from playing the game. I think Sony has it down right for Landmark - it's a separate application entirely from Everquest Next.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Aldotsk - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 10:11 AM)Elyscia Wrote: And an increase in Mythology but since they're adding a new set, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a raise in how many you get per dungeons.

Myths are no longer capped for 2.2 and you'll be getting new Allagan Tomestones for new dungeon and new coil. These items will be ilvl 91+ in the future.

------

What I want from 2.2 is...

Musketeer.
More Vanity Gears. Sure. Not really important.
Fix on Loot System that it isn't Need->Greed on Class basis and have leader give Master Loot to distribute if it's Pre-made.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Kage - 02-25-2014

Not quality of life but really just to add lots of fun...

I am thoroughly convinced that characters should be able to pick up Lalafells and carry them (ala Raubahn and Nanamo) on their arms or shoulders. Also, for them to be able to pick up the Lalafell and chuck them into the air via Biggs and Wedge. Of course, there needs to be an emote or something that will get consent from both characters to prevent griefing but it'd be awesome.

Just as much, a hug emote would be nice (still involving consent action).

Something quality of life: Setting on how items are lotted but I think they said that they're relying on players to pre-agree before starting/continuing. Preferably in-chat. And then it would be established they knew full well that people are greeding etc and will be punished when reported.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Erik Mynhier - 02-25-2014

(02-25-2014, 11:59 AM)ExKage Wrote: Not quality of life but really just to add lots of fun...

I am thoroughly convinced that characters should be able to pick up Lalafells and carry them (ala Raubahn and Nanamo) on their arms or shoulders. Also, for them to be able to pick up the Lalafell and chuck them into the air via Biggs and Wedge. Of course, there needs to be an emote or something that will get consent from both characters to prevent griefing but it'd be awesome.

Just as much, a hug emote would be nice (still involving consent action).

Something quality of life: Setting on how items are lotted but I think they said that they're relying on players to pre-agree before starting/continuing. Preferably in-chat. And then it would be established they knew full well that people are greeding etc and will be punished when reported.

I would carry you all the time Kage.

Also I forgot some stuff I loved in my 7 years in FFXI.

- /diceroll command
- /jobemote command
- And Elyscia reminded me of this one with the formal clothes.... Weddings!!!

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - TheLastCandle - 02-25-2014

Looking forward to seeing what we can grab with the new tier of tomestones. Have you seen the AF+2 artwork that they showed off during one of the Live Letters? Epic.

(02-25-2014, 11:25 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 11:21 AM)allgivenover Wrote: All of this stuff will be possible if they actually discard PS3 support.

Oh, without a doubt.  That'd require an entirely new engine.  Again.

I was more illustrating my lack of attention to XIV of late as a fault of both Landmark and its current raiders paradise direction.  I'm not against the game being a home for that sort of player, it's just not my scene, daddy-o.

I'm getting -slightly- off topic, but I say this as someone who used to never raid except for a brief stint in the early days of LOTRO: to me, the current "raid" content doesn't really feel that much like a raid. Even the big 24-man Crystal Tower divides you into one of three 8-man parties, which is something you might be accustomed to after the last few story scenarios, the final guildhest, and the hard mode primals for your relic.

It's one of the things I like about this game's story mode. It eases you in and tries to get you used to these big parties so that if you do choose to dip your toes into either Coil or Tower, you won't feel too overwhelmed by the size of your party.

RE: What do you want from 2.2? - Naunet - 02-25-2014

I'll stick to things that might be reasonable to expect of them with the next patch...

- transparency slider for the chat box
- let me adjust the transparency for the chat box
- the chat box background must needs be adjustable in transparency
- a way to darken the chat box background
- a slider to increase or decrease the transparency of the chat box
- a feature in the chat configuration to alter chat box transparency
- more hairstyle and clothing options