Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV Opening cinematic - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: FFXIV Opening cinematic (/showthread.php?tid=649)

FFXIV Opening cinematic - Merri - 09-15-2010

I haven't seen this posted anywhere on here yet, so, I figured I would throw it up for good measure. Prepare to be blown away if you haven't already seen it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC510DpbU0&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC510Dp ... re=related</a><!-- m -->

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Tagyr - 09-15-2010

Really does bring up some questions.

The beginning of all characters really starts with that 'vision' of fire in the sky. And it seems we may have been witnessing an event in the past involving dragons fighting airships. The end of which seems a draw as yeah the big dragon (I'm wanting to call it Bahamut :p) beats the big airship but ends up petrified when it crashes.

But then all those shiny looking things flying all over the place...

*scratches head*

Anyone else think those airships are weird.

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Xzenivar - 09-15-2010

Caught a glimpse of one of the shiny things that went flying and it looked like that model of ifrit that was shown in one of the Making of a Realm movies. Perhaps with the death/petrefication of the big dragon, it released smaller fragments of itself all over the place.

And yeah, those white airships looked pretty strange to me too Huh

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Emaraya - 09-15-2010

Aren't the little things the ogres used by the Empire?

Anyway the video was posted here before: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1599">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1599</a><!-- l -->

But I guess it is worth another thread discussion itself.

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Merri - 09-15-2010

Yeah, that one looks like Ifrit.

6:15 looks like what might be Titan.

But that brings up even more questions, as at 6:18 it seems as though there were at least a dozen or two of them launching off in all directions. Only so many could be accounted for as known summons.

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Renaise - 09-15-2010

Well there are a lot of Summons Tongue

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Gavriel - 09-15-2010

Ok, I didn't realize this the first time but...
We finally know the cause of that mysterious meteor shower during the opening cinematic after character creation :o I just got chills.

5:12

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Emaraya - 09-15-2010

Just listen to the nice female voice. Hear... Feel... THINK! Yeah it is kind of a reminder of the past or a vision of a potential future. Nevertheless it only occurs in similiar situations. In Ul'dah with fireworks, Gridania with the crashing burning ship and the harbor... well it was a storm. Maybe a bolt?

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Merri - 09-15-2010

Emaraya Wrote:well it was a storm. Maybe a bolt?
The wave that crashes down on you, maybe? That seems like the segway into meeting Y'shtola.

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Lyveth - 09-15-2010

Tagyr Wrote:*scratches head*

I think they're intended to be fighter airships, think of Fighter Jets as opposed to Carriers. At least that's my personal guess, I think the Airships in the video are intended to be quicker/more manuverable and therefore capable of hitting the enemy where it hurts a bit more easily.

It's a lot to infer, but meh.

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Xzenivar - 09-15-2010

Lyveth Wrote:
Tagyr Wrote:*scratches head*

I think they're intended to be fighter airships, think of Fighter Jets as opposed to Carriers. At least that's my personal guess, I think the Airships in the video are intended to be quicker/more manuverable and therefore capable of hitting the enemy where it hurts a bit more easily.

It's a lot to infer, but meh.

I think you're absolutely right as to their abilities

They still look pretty dumb to me xD

Edit: Though I do like how they seem to be made of metal and thus a higher technology level than Age of Sailing ships with large hot air ballons attached to them in place of sails

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Trizzip - 09-15-2010

Xzenivar Wrote:Caught a glimpse of one of the shiny things that went flying and it looked like that model of ifrit that was shown in one of the Making of a Realm movies. Perhaps with the death/petrefication of the big dragon, it released smaller fragments of itself all over the place.

I imagine that those were all the Primals that got spread throughout Hydaelyn. I guess five years later, the beastmen tribes figured out how to control 'em and use their power to elevate their threat to the other city states of Eorzea.

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Gavriel - 09-16-2010

Brin Ahlrine Wrote:
Xzenivar Wrote:Caught a glimpse of one of the shiny things that went flying and it looked like that model of ifrit that was shown in one of the Making of a Realm movies. Perhaps with the death/petrefication of the big dragon, it released smaller fragments of itself all over the place.

I imagine that those were all the Primals that got spread throughout Hydaelyn. I guess five years later, the beastmen tribes figured out how to control 'em and use their power to elevate their threat to the other city states of Eorzea.

Wow, I clearly don't know enough about the Lore to call myself a role-player :bounce:

Re: FFXIV Opening cinematic - Trizzip - 09-16-2010

Gavriel Wrote:
Brin Ahlrine Wrote:

Wow, I clearly don't know enough about the Lore to call myself a role-player :bounce:

lol, what's ironic is that I haven't even been able to play 'in-game' yet. I just love to nerd up on lore when it comes to stuff like this. Geek