Hydaelyn Role-Players
A newbie falls from the sky - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A newbie falls from the sky (/showthread.php?tid=6551)

A newbie falls from the sky - Lynd - 03-04-2014

Hi everybody! I'm Lynd and I just got the game. I have never role-played on an MMO before but I figure since I've always loved Final Fantasy games I might as well make this my first. So far my role-play experience has only been kept to table-tops so....I will welcome any advice haha and for a type of role-player I could really go for any...I've just always enjoyed it no matter what is going on. So hopefully once I get the hang of things I will see you guys around!

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Steel Wolf - 03-04-2014

It's rainin' newbies!  Hallelujah!  :3

Welcome to the RPC and to Eorzea!  You've chosen Gilgamesh, which has a concentrated punch of RP tastiness.  They're a smaller group of RP'ers compared to Balmung, but very friendly and always willing to enfold new blood into the Collective.  Resistance is futile....because they make really moist brownies and you just can't stop eating them...

...mmmmm....

Okay, getting a bit off track.  Sorreh.  Anyone in the RPC are more than willing to help you with in-game matters, be they RP or mechanical.  You're in a very warm, squishy place I can assure you.

Looking forward to reading more about your character!  <3

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Mippa - 03-04-2014

Welcome Lynd! My name's Mippa and I play this cutie here: Framboise Zakuro! This was my first time RPing on an MMO as well, and it's been a blast so far!

Hope to see you in game soon! Tell us about your character!

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Lilina-Lina - 03-04-2014

Howdy! I can relate to the never Rp'd in an Mmo before shtick. Let me know where you choose to start out I have to begin leveling a second class now and it'd be convenient for the company!.

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Lynd - 03-04-2014

Mmmmm moist brownies....my weakness.... OH but. For my character....Im kind of torn between three right now. A Pugilist, Arcanist, and Lancer. The arcanist is the only one I've played so far, mostly to learn game mechanics....His name is Lynx Sunderdown and is a Duskwight Elezen whose working towards reversing some of the bad reputation his particular clan has gotten over the years.

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Lynd - 03-04-2014

(03-04-2014, 05:15 PM)Lilina-Lina Wrote: Howdy! I can relate to the never Rp'd in an Mmo before shtick. Let me know where you choose to start out I have to begin leveling a second class now and it'd be convenient for the company!.
Well I have a Lancer and Pugilist that are freshly packaged. I'm mostly just trying to learn well....everything so company would be great! Although apologies if I break things...I do that occasionally >.>

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Mippa - 03-05-2014

I LOVE the Arcanist plot. >w< If you do end up sticking around with him, I have a mage-centric linkshell I'd love to invite you to! (And actually Fram and Lynx might share a few things in common re: backstory...:3a)

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Lynd - 03-05-2014

I probably will stick with him! It's an enjoyable class and I like the Job system idea....So if you want I'll join though I don't really know what to do with Linkshells >< Newbie newb... And oooh :] Maybe!

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Mippa - 03-05-2014

It's ok! It's more or less an in-character chatroom...just imagine that everyone is talking into their own personal little walkie-talkie on a radio feed. You'll see more of it in the storyline quest, but our little LS is very newbie friendly!

Shoot me a /tell whenever--I'm not online now, but I'll be on later on this evening (5pm CST)

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Lynd - 03-05-2014

Ok! Sounds fun. Don't know when I'll be on tonight. Probably later then that but I will send one.

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - N'yxa - 03-05-2014

Hello there Lynd! Welcome to Gilgamesh where it is quality over quantity! This game practically begs you to RP. I recently returned from a two to three year hiatus from MMORP BUT I have RP'd in a ton of games out there on different sized servers. And I can honestly say that the Gilgamesh community seems to be among the top two most welcoming and easy going RP communities I've run into. I have been to a few FC run events and there is always a great crowd! 

Right now I'm leveling up N'yxa Phen my little Miqo'te Pugilist/Botonist/bottle of addictive sunshine and I am always up for keeping people company. Feel free to sent me a tell in game or add me to your friends list! 

And I do agree with Mippa! The Arcanist/Scholar story line is FANTASTIC! Even brought a small tear to my eye.

RE: A newbie falls from the sky - Arkghyom - 03-06-2014

You're gonna have a blast!