Hydaelyn Role-Players
Oh hi there! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Oh hi there! (/showthread.php?tid=6570)

Oh hi there! - Laiffy - 03-05-2014

don't worry! the bad name is only temporary.

So hey, I got FFXIV just because I heard there was a really good RP community, and its something I have wanted to get into for such a long time, so here I am!

I'm very new to MMO RP, though I have done RP in other forms before, e.g. LARP, DnD.

As for my background with other MMO's, not that much unfortunately. I have played Guild Wars 2 but that's really it.

My character I have yet to fully make, I think its something I would rather have some help and advice with first so I don't screw up big time. A rough idea I have is to be a Lalafell adventurer who's mostly in it for the money, but doesn't really look for combat and battle in his journeys, and try's to take odd jobs here and there to earn his gil.

I learnt about this place just searching for a RP community. It looked pretty rad and my friend told me its probably the best around

I think I would like to start out light, as I won't really have time to be on that regularly, and I may work my way up to medium at some point.

Real life stuff, well I'm currently an art student at college and I like to think that my work is at least half decent.

So yeah, that be me Blush

RE: Oh hi there! - N'yxa - 03-05-2014

Well first and foremost WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY! I'm N'yxa! I recently came back from a short hiatus of RPing in MMOs but this game spurred my RP roots deep in my soul and .... yeah here I am! There are two servers you have to choose from. Balmung is has the highest population of Role Players (I can't really speak to the RP experience because I don't have a character there). Giglamesh has a smaller group but we are very open, welcoming, always growing and have some fantastic times at our events! I'm sure regardless of which server you choose you will have a fantastic time! Though I think Gilgamesh is the bestus! Okay... that may be a biased statement.

If you do join on Gilgamesh be sure to add me (N'yxa Phen) I could introduce you to my crew and help you get around the world of Eorzea and into some great Linkshells to meet some great peeps.

RE: Oh hi there! - Laiffy - 03-05-2014

Oh gosh! thank you so much! I think I shall probably go for Gilgamesh.Would it be ok if I could PM you so you could just help me get the basics I need for my character made?

RE: Oh hi there! - N'yxa - 03-05-2014

I am on now! I would be happy to help with any questions you may have!

RE: Oh hi there! - Mippa - 03-06-2014

Hi Floppsy! Yay for more Lalafells! They're so cute! >w<

I would have to second Gilgamesh as a great, tightly-knit RP community...and I too would love to see you around there! You can PM me or send me a /tell at Framboise Zakuro when I'm online! Welcome to the community!