Hydaelyn Role-Players
RE: Episodic Rp event (final draft ver. 1 up for opinions) (Balmung) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: RE: Episodic Rp event (final draft ver. 1 up for opinions) (Balmung) (/showthread.php?tid=6580)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Episodic Rp event (final draft ver. 1 up for opinions) (Balmung) - Askier - 03-07-2014

Good evening everyone,

I know I haven't been around very long in Realm Reborn, and I don't know even half of you as half as well as I'd like too, but I was thinking about organizing a public rp event that would take place over the course of a few weeks, and was wanting some feed back on my possible idea.

I was thinking it could be an episodic sort of event over the course of several acts with people participating on a few levels.

As I said, this is still, very much, a work in progress and could be scrapped, but my idea is that a character I play, and possibly some other players, are discovered to be an agent for the Garlean Empire who has smuggled inside fellow agents with the intent of unleashing a massive Ifrit inside the heart of Ul'dah.  The purpose?  To cause as much damage as possible to the city state for a small Garlean military force to take the territory easily.

The arcsIi have in mind would be something like this, witch arc 2 likely divided into several small arcs:

Arc 1: The threat is discovered and the agent is confronted, only to escape.

Arc 2:  The heroes who uncovered the plot attempt to move against the agent at a series of locations.  This could be divided into several smaller arcs, each broken down into figuring out where the agent could be and stopping him or arriving to late.

Arc 3:  Based on actions in Arc 2, the agent and the heroes have a final confrontation in Ul'dah as he attempts to use magic to unleash the Ifrit inside the city or, if the heroes have caused enough damage to the agents efforts, (all determined via OOC discussion) the heroes confront the agent elsewhere in a final showdown as the agent flees.

Arc 4:  (This is a possible arc)  The trial.  If the heroes took the agent alive, they can try to interrogate him and determine his sentence.

That's my outline.  As I said, I'm more than happy for feed back and if people think there is enough interest in an  idea like this, I would love help organizing it.  Let me know what you think and thank you for your time.  Laugh

RE: Thoughts on a possible Garlean infiltrator rp event - Aelius - 03-07-2014

I'd be happy to participate, either as a Garlean or an Eorzean! Though, as much as I've been looking for some role-play on this Garlean character, it would probably be better for me to play as Faye during the event. Tongue

RE: Thoughts on a possible Garlean infiltrator rp event - SunKittyEm - 03-07-2014

Only issue is that the Garlean empire is interested in conquering to eliminate Primals, so its unlikely they'd summon one themselves. In addition, I do not believe they know -how- nor would they have the necessary belief to do so.

RE: Thoughts on a possible Garlean infiltrator rp event - Rinette - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 02:45 AM)SunKittyEm Wrote: Only issue is that the Garlean empire is interested in conquering to eliminate Primals, so its unlikely they'd summon one themselves. In addition, I do not believe they know -how- nor would they have the necessary belief to do so.

While I don't know if that's exactly why they are interested in conquering I agree with the last part. From the story quest I was under the impression that primals are summoned by their worshipers. Either way they said it was a rough outline and it can always be changed to something else like a magitek bomb.

RE: Thoughts on a possible Garlean infiltrator rp event - Seriphyn - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 02:45 AM)SunKittyEm Wrote: Only issue is that the Garlean empire is interested in conquering to eliminate Primals, so its unlikely they'd summon one themselves. In addition, I do not believe they know -how- nor would they have the necessary belief to do so.

Would have to concur with this!

Maybe swap out Ifrit with some Garlean warmachina.

RE: Thoughts on a possible Garlean infiltrator rp event - Askier - 03-07-2014

Hey everyone,  thank you for your quick replies and advice.  I'm still familiarizing myself with the intricacies of the world and am grateful for the advice.   When I had originally considered the Ifrit,  I had thought that the empire might use one to justify their invasion and use it as an excuse to further attack the beast tribes. The fact that the empire wouldn't know how missed me.  Lol. 

Based on what you have told me,  I have two other options.  The first is that they try to assemble,  in act 2, a magitek bomb with the required components that have been smuggled to various locations to make it easy for the parts to go unnoticed versus trying to smuggle a full bomb in. 

The second idea is that the agent,  after collecting some required regents,  tries to attune an aetheryte crystal to an aetherial gate the agent erects inside ul'dah,  allowing a small Garlean strike force to slip in Trojan horse style and cause a lot of damage. 

Those are my next two options .  Please let me know what you think and,  again,  thank you for all your help thus far with the brainstorm

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - Rinette - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 12:04 PM)Askier Wrote: Hey everyone,  thank you for your quick replies and advice.  I'm still familiarizing myself with the intricacies of the world and am grateful for the advice.   When I had originally considered the Ifrit,  I had thought that the empire might use one to justify their invasion and use it as an excuse to further attack the beast tribes. The fact that the empire wouldn't know how missed me.  Lol. 

Based on what you have told me,  I have two other options.  The first is that they try to assemble,  in act 2, a magitek bomb with the required components that have been smuggled to various locations to make it easy for the parts to go unnoticed versus trying to smuggle a full bomb in. 

The second idea is that the agent,  after collecting some required regents,  tries to attune an aetheryte crystal to an aetherial gate the agent erects inside ul'dah,  allowing a small Garlean strike force to slip in Trojan horse style and cause a lot of damage. 

Those are my next two options .  Please let me know what you think and,  again,  thank you for all your help thus far with the brainstorm

Don't worry about it! There's a lot of lore I'm still learning myself, that's what these forums are for. If you don't know it someone else does. :3

I really like the sound of either of those ideas. They both have potential to be a lot of fun. Maybe it's just because I suggested it or I think it would be amusing to watch someone try to disarm a magitek bomb ("Cut the blue wire!" "THEY'RE ALL BLUE!! /cry") but I like the first one the most.

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - Askier - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 02:33 PM)undefined Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 12:04 PM)Hey everyone,  thank your quick repllies and advice.  I'm still familiarizing myself with the intricacies of the world and am grateful for the advice.   When I had originally considered the Ifrit,  I had thought that the empire might use one to justify their invasion and use it as an excuse to further attack the beast tribes. The fact that the empire wouldn't know how missed me.  Lol.  Wrote: Based on what you have told me,  I have two other options.  The first is that they try to assemble,  in act 2, a magitek bomb with the required components that have been smuggled to various locations to make it easy for the parts to go unnoticed versus trying to smuggle a full bomb in. 

Don't worry about it! There's a lot of lore I'm still learning myself, that's what these forums are for. If you don't know it someone else does. :3

I really like the sound of either of those ideas. They both have potential to be a lot of fun. Maybe it's just because I suggested it or I think it would be amusing to watch someone try to disarm a magitek bomb ("Cut the blue wire!" "THEY'RE ALL BLUE!! /cry") but I like the first one the most.
Between the two,  I think the bomb one is my favorite as well.  It would be easy to set up events to find the smuggled parts and the final act could be a lot of fun.  Especially with the wiring.  Lol Laugh

Anyone know much about magitek bombs

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - LandStander - 03-07-2014

Count me in. I have quite a few Garlean characters whom I am willing to throw at this.

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - SunKittyEm - 03-07-2014

Magitek bomb sounds like fun. My character might even show up to do a little headsmashing 'cause she likes Ul'dah and would NOT just let it get kaboom'd.

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - Kage - 03-07-2014

I know a whole linkshell of people who would NOT be happy to see Ul'dah possibly going kablooey. Laugh

It sounds like super fun. Kage would be most upset to see this happen and not do squat. He is totally not trying to touch dem wires though.

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - cuideag - 03-07-2014

This sounds iiiiinteresting. My alt is pretty friendly with the Garlean side of things so I'd be happy to toss her inn, too. Just so happens she's  been hanging around Ul'dah a lot lately too... wa ha ha ha!

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - Erik Mynhier - 03-07-2014

Erik would want a piece of this action. And as an officer of the Flames, he has a.... warm spot in his heart for Ul'dah.

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - Sophia_Grave - 03-07-2014

Sounds fun; hopefully someone has the follow through to make this happen. Usually people show interest but nothing comes of it :/

RE: Brainstorm on episodic Garlean spy rp event (Balmung) - N'taeyl - 03-07-2014

Throwing in my support for interest.  None of my characters would be involved in seeing this happen, but adding to the head count helps.  I would be happy to help however I can OOCly, watching a big scene unfold is always fun if executed properly!