Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) (/showthread.php?tid=6605)

Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Spotz91 - 03-10-2014

Good Afternoon, Roleplayers.

I have a concept idea that I'd like to put out on the table, I'm trying to get a FC started, with a couple basic concept idea, my problem? I need leaders. 

I'm looking to create a kind of "United Blades" FC, where 4 'clans' come together to form one large free company.

The idea is that each 'Blade Clan' represents a different set of classes, or ideals, and I'll need a leader for each clan. 

Here's the concept for the Hierarchy.

Head Blade (Myself)

The four Clan leaders (If you become the leader, you can make your own 'Title')
The Ebon Blades
The Golden Blades
The Ivory Blades
The Enchanted Blades

and then, underneath each leader they will have members of their clans, People just coming into the FC will be put in an 'Initiate' rank, until they have decided on a clan to join. 

A basic break down of each clan:

The Ebon Blades:
Our Spies, and our mercenaries, anyone who has no problem doing the dirty work. 

The Golden Blades:
Our defenders, and our Merchants. This is the clan that represents justice, and honor amongst salesmen. 

The Ivory Blades:
Our healers, and our Gatherers. With a close bond to the planet, they seek out resources, and heal those who have been hurt.

The Enchanted Blades:
Our Sorcerers and summoners. Using their magic to protect the clan at all costs.

A lot of this can be more fleshed out as the time arises, but I'm looking to do a lot of RP events, as well as individual story building. I want a living FC, where not a single member feels left out, and everyone has a chance to progress their story, as well as the story of the FC.

If this sounds like something that interests you, feel free to send me a tell, or a mail moogle to Bruden Grin. We can work out stories, and lead up to the clan being built.

If I do choose you as a leader, you won't have to worry about helping with the guild website, voice servers, or the money to cover the FC, I have all of that covered, all I need are leaders who love to RP! 

If you have any feedback, feel free to leave it here, and we can tweak a couple of things as we move towards creation.

If you don't want to be a leader, but want to be a member in one of the clans, you can shoot me a message as well, and I will bring you in as soon as possible!!

Thank you for your time in reading this, and I hope to see you in game!

-Bruden Grin

RE: Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Spotz91 - 03-10-2014

Also, If there is enough interest, I could possibly move the concept over to Balmung,  if Gilgamesh doesn't get enough people.

-Bruden

RE: Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Magellan - 03-10-2014

love the concept! I've tried to run similar things, and wish you the best of luck!

Thank you! I hope to make it work, if I get enough intrest. I'm making the website now, kinda like a rough draft, to post some stories to and what have you, so that I can give people the general idea as to what the Free Company is / will be.

RE: Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Candor - 03-10-2014

Like you I started a fledgling FC with some friends, sought good RPers, and built from the ground up. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me for various reasons, but I learned quite a few things that may help you in your project.

The first is to prepare most, if not all, your FC lore before launching or opening for recruitment. This will show your people that you have your act together, and also allow them to immediately get involved in whatever plots you plan to run, instead of waiting for development to finish.

The second is to recruit RPers based on your own standards, and from that pool decide who will be promoted to leadership positions. I know your concept requires that you have four pre-established entities coming together, but I promise you that you'll be more satisfied with the end results if you have a chance to observe your players before handing them a position of authority.

As you're on Gilgamesh, and I am taking a break from FCs for the time being, I can't really lend you my support further. But I do hope that you have success and that my advice can help you avoid the pit falls so easily run into when starting a new FC.

RE: Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Magellan - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 09:03 PM)Gyr Wrote: Like you I started a fledgling FC with some friends, sought good RPers, and built from the ground up. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me for various reasons, but I learned quite a few things that may help you in your project.

The first is to prepare most, if not all, your FC lore before launching or opening for recruitment. This will show your people that you have your act together, and also allow them to immediately get involved in whatever plots you plan to run, instead of waiting for development to finish.

The second is to recruit RPers based on your own standards, and from that pool decide who will be promoted to leadership positions. I know your concept requires that you have four pre-established entities coming together, but I promise you that you'll be more satisfied with the end results if you have a chance to observe your players before handing them a position of authority.

As you're on Gilgamesh, and I am taking a break from FCs for the time being, I can't really lend you my support further. But I do hope that you have success and that my advice can help you avoid the pit falls so easily run into when starting a new FC.

Very good advice, which I'll second. Allow yourself the freedom to nail down the most important elements of the story pre-launch. When people come into your guild eager to get started, it'll be so much easier to direct them where to go if you've got things pretty squarely figured out. Plus it'll be easier on you than trying to run a guild and hurry up and get the story launched at the same time.

All very good advice, and I agree whole heartedly. I'm currently working on the lore and hierarchy of the FC, as well as the guidelines, all of which will be posted on the website that I'm in the process of building. I really want to start getting some attention on this, though, so that when I do release all the info, it's not a pain trying to find new members. 
Expect that website soon. Smile

And thank you both for the wonderful advice. I'm taking it to the bank, for sure.

RE: Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Spotz91 - 03-11-2014

Here it is, if anyone caught interest, but didn't have enough story to go with!!

Unitedblades.enjin.com

I hope I get some interested leaders, looking to help make the foundation for a great FC.

RE: Seeking FC Leaders for concept FC (Gilgamesh) - Spotz91 - 03-12-2014

Free company is made, one of the leader spots are already filled, still have room for two more, and many, many more members! 

If this is something that interests you, send me a Tell / mail in game, or head on over to Unitedblades.enjin.com to sign up!