Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer (/showthread.php?tid=6614)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Ashianna - 03-11-2014

I just found your site recently and being a new FFXIV, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm looking forward to meeting new people here and jumping into the roleplay with you all. I'm unsure of which server to start on, so I made a version of Arenswys on both Balmung and Gilgamesh. I guess it will depend on where I find the roleplay. Anywho! Here's a bit about me! Enjoy!

--MMORPG background - I've played many an MMO over the last 12 years and roleplayed through each them, starting with EQ1. A few of the titles I have played are EQ1 & 2, Guild Wars 1 & 2, WoW, Rift and several others. As far as Final Fantasy goes, while I admit I haven't played every title I have played a few of them, including FFXI.

--RP experience - My first mmo roleplay experience was in EQ1. I enjoyed the game and the guild I was a part of, but I started to grow bored. That is when I noticed there was roleplay server. Having roleplayed in several text based games, I was no stranger to roleplaying, so I thought I'd give it one more chance. I was instantly addicted. It was a perfect blending of two things I enjoyed. I wouldn't play a MMO any other way now. When I create a character, I'm usually thinking about their background while on the character creation screen.  

--Character ideas/info - I'm still pretty new to the FFXIV lore, but I'm learning. I enjoy the lore in games and tend to absorb it like a sponge. I've decide to start out with a female Roegadyn, as there seems to be a distinct lack of them. What can I say, I enjoy playing the less popular combinations. She is a Sea Wolf living in Limsa Lominsa. I'm still fleshing out her background and welcome any help with lore or roleplay in general. I'm open to family relations as well, so if there is anyone that might want a sister, cousin, aunt, etc. feel free to contact me.

--How did you learn about the coalition? - By doing a search for "roleplay" and "FFXIV". You all were at the top of the list.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy? - I am a heavy roleplayer and enjoy doing most things, including hunting, in character. Most groups I have been in though like to keep things ooc when hunting and I am cool with that. I'm pretty easy going in that regard. These games are about having fun after all. 

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc) - I'm currently a stay at home mom taking care of a preschooler. She takes up quite a bit of my daytime hours, but I still get a chance to get online sporadically (ie. nap times, etc.). I also have 2 teenage boys. Being a mom of 2 boys and a gamer, I know more than I probably want to know about Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonballz, etc. Laugh I enjoy drawing, though I am very rusty. I enjoy writing, though I am my own worse critic. I'm pretty easy to get along with and enjoy meeting new people. I can sometimes be a bit shy about breaking the ice initially, but once I get going the shyness instantly goes away. I enjoy helping people, both in real life and in MMO's. I love the fantasy genre as well as scifi. My favorite movie is Princess Bride...

...I should probably stop now or you'll know my whole life story. Angel

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Nykkus Trachspyr - 03-11-2014

I'm always happy to see more fem Roe around. There are a few active within the RP community, but by far the least numbered. Welcome to the community - you sound exciting to have around.

If you catch yourself on Balmung, look up Nykkus (or Rhuvian Vastitas) and say hi. Ny would love to have a sister, but she's a Hellsguard so that would prove unfortunately problematic.

You'll find the community both here and IG fairly supportive, so if you have questions or are looking for more contacts, don't hesitate to PM people or send tells.

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Faye - 03-11-2014

Welcome, it's good to have you here! Big Grin Princess Bride is also my favorite movie!

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Kage - 03-11-2014

Welcome! As a lalafell in Ul'dah I can't say much about RPing as Roe... but I definitely would love to see more fem Roe around.

I can definitely empathize with you about breaking the ice so to speak. Everyone I RP or interact with in the RP community think I've been corrupted by people but really it's just all about finding yourself being comfortable in it! I definitely found that place in the RP community in Ul'dah and Balmung in general.

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Melodia - 03-11-2014

Hi! Glad to have a new resident to the world and I personally think female Roes are awesome. Males are cool but I always am literally awestruck by female Roes. and always in a good way. Smile  So, welcome and I also love Princess Bride.

Humperdinck: First things first, to the death.
Westley: No. To the pain.
Humperdinck: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.
Westley: I'll explain, and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog-faced buffoon.

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Erik Mynhier - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 01:16 PM)Arenswys Wrote: I just found your site recently and being a new FFXIV, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm looking forward to meeting new people here and jumping into the roleplay with you all. I'm unsure of which server to start on, so I made a version of Arenswys on both Balmung and Gilgamesh. I guess it will depend on where I find the roleplay. Anywho! Here's a bit about me! Enjoy!

--MMORPG background - I've played many an MMO over the last 12 years and roleplayed through each them, starting with EQ1. A few of the titles I have played are EQ1 & 2, Guild Wars 1 & 2, WoW, Rift and several others. As far as Final Fantasy goes, while I admit I haven't played every title I have played a few of them, including FFXI.

--RP experience - My first mmo roleplay experience was in EQ1. I enjoyed the game and the guild I was a part of, but I started to grow bored. That is when I noticed there was roleplay server. Having roleplayed in several text based games, I was no stranger to roleplaying, so I thought I'd give it one more chance. I was instantly addicted. It was a perfect blending of two things I enjoyed. I wouldn't play a MMO any other way now. When I create a character, I'm usually thinking about their background while on the character creation screen.  

--Character ideas/info - I'm still pretty new to the FFXIV lore, but I'm learning. I enjoy the lore in games and tend to absorb it like a sponge. I've decide to start out with a female Roegadyn, as there seems to be a distinct lack of them. What can I say, I enjoy playing the less popular combinations. She is a Sea Wolf living in Limsa Lominsa. I'm still fleshing out her background and welcome any help with lore or roleplay in general. I'm open to family relations as well, so if there is anyone that might want a sister, cousin, aunt, etc. feel free to contact me.

--How did you learn about the coalition? - By doing a search for "roleplay" and "FFXIV". You all were at the top of the list.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy? - I am a heavy roleplayer and enjoy doing most things, including hunting, in character. Most groups I have been in though like to keep things ooc when hunting and I am cool with that. I'm pretty easy going in that regard. These games are about having fun after all. 

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc) - I'm currently a stay at home mom taking care of a preschooler. She takes up quite a bit of my daytime hours, but I still get a chance to get online sporadically (ie. nap times, etc.). I also have 2 teenage boys. Being a mom of 2 boys and a gamer, I know more than I probably want to know about Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonballz, etc. Laugh I enjoy drawing, though I am very rusty. I enjoy writing, though I am my own worse critic. I'm pretty easy to get along with and enjoy meeting new people. I can sometimes be a bit shy about breaking the ice initially, but once I get going the shyness instantly goes away. I enjoy helping people, both in real life and in MMO's. I love the fantasy genre as well as scifi. My favorite movie is Princess Bride...

...I should probably stop now or you'll know my whole life story. Angel

RP with me! I love Roes and there are so few. If you do I'll say "As you wish." as often as you like.

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Steel Wolf - 03-11-2014

Yay! Another femRoe!  Gimme a sis-fist, sis!  ( 0v0)--o

If you're on the Balmungian flavour of your character, feel free to give Steel Wolf a poke!  ^^  i had been away from the game for a while, but I'm looking to make myself more frequently...uh...frequent.  Derp.

FEEEEMMMROOOOOEEE POOOWWAAAAAH*cough*

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Mippa - 03-11-2014

Oof, FemRoes are so hot. Heart

Welcome to the RPC! If you do see yourself playing around Gilgamesh, please feel free to give me a shout! I play Framboise Zakuro there!

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Melodia - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 03:07 PM)Mippa Wrote: Oof, FemRoes are so hot. Heart
 Yep! Big Grin

(03-11-2014, 03:21 PM)Rurutani Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 03:07 PM)Mippa Wrote: Oof, FemRoes are so hot. Heart
 Yep! Big Grin
Agreed!

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Ashianna - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 02:34 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: RP with me! I love Roes and there are so few. If you do I'll say "As you wish." as often as you like.

Oh my....*melts* No fair using that against me! Ok, you twisted my arm. I'll rp with you. hehe

*bumps fists with Steel Wolf*

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! And I would have to agree, Roe's are hot. I'll do my best to look for you all in game. Not sure which server to pick so I'll probably play a bit on both of them. Smile

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Austratus - 03-11-2014

Great intro, Arenswys, and welcome to Eorzea!

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - N'yxa - 03-11-2014

Let me just say that I highly highly highly approve of more Roe! Even though I don't play one I give anyone who does a major high five! Welcome to the community!

Kage himself hangs around in Ul'dah all the time. Mostly around the Quicksand... though lately it's been very popular and crowded. Since he sorta needs to get broken into... it's hard for him to really talk to people outside of a wave and a hello ;A;

But OOCly if you have a question, I'd gladly accept /tells and willing to respond! I just.. sometimes get very busy and may not have what you're looking for but I can answer to the best of my abilities.

RE: Greetings from a new Roegadyn RPer - Steel Wolf - 03-11-2014

(03-11-2014, 04:46 PM)N Wrote: Let me just say that I highly highly highly approve of more Roe! Even though I don't play one I give anyone who does a major high five!
...if you can reach our hands, anyways. Tongue