Hydaelyn Role-Players
Another Introduction - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Another Introduction (/showthread.php?tid=6618)

Another Introduction - MayaKazumi - 03-11-2014

Hello! As the title, and the location I'm posting this in should (Hopefully) imply, I'm a newbie RPer. So let's just jump right in to the finer details!

-MMORPG background
I've been playing MMORPG's for almost as long as I can remember. I believe my first was the (Unfortunately now defunct) trickster online, but I've tried almost every MMORPG under the sun by now.

-RP experience
I've got a few months worth of experience RPing (On a forum). I have almost no experience regarding ingame RP, however, which is something I want to remedy.

-Character Ideas
Currently, I have the basic concept as well as a few finer details (Which I won't say right now, to stop this post getting unneeded clutter). My character is an impulsive scholar, currently studying ancient Maritime battle tactics. (This might have something to do with the fact she's a raised Lominsan.) She has an almost unnatural talent for speaking before thinking, though, if she notices something she considers interesting. She can make frankly insulting observations without realizing it.

-How did you learn about the coalition?
I first learnt about it, funnily enough, from the SE forums. Specifically, there was a thread asking about the best servers for RP, and the rest, as they say, is history.

-What kind of RPer are you aiming to be? (Light, medium, or heavy?)
I would like to be a medium RPer, with leanings towards heavy. I try to make my character as lore-consistent as possible, and I enjoy having consistent characters that slowly develop over time.

Er, that's everything I can think of. So, nice to meet you! Moogle

RE: Another Introduction - Mippa - 03-11-2014

Yay more Gilgamesh'ers! Welcome to the forums! This is actually the first MMO I've actively RPed in, so I can understand what it's like getting started. You're in the right place, and Gilgamesh has a nice cozy community eager to help you gain your footing!

RE: Another Introduction - MtDewNinja - 03-12-2014

Welcome to Gilgamesh!

RE: Another Introduction - N'yxa - 03-12-2014

Hello and WELCOME to the community. I am always excited to see newcomers pop up on here with the Gilgamesh tag under their name! I myself started my RP experience on forums and chat rooms geez.... about 15 years ago! *feels old* So I can assure you the transition is pretty easy once you get your sea legs! 

I love the initial concept of your character. I also have a Hyur scholar/summoner that is semi retired that was so much fun to RP. Like you she speaks before her mind has time to compute fully the impact of her words and she is EXTREMELY logical. Now, I am leaning towards the more happy go lucky addictive bottle of sunshine Pugilist known as N'yxa Phen. So feel free to add her as a friend in game! I will point you in the direction of any RPC Linkshells that could be helpful and/or get you socialized on the server! I'm also sure that my FC would love to interact with your character. Being pirates we are always interested in Maritime battle tactics Thumbsup.