Hydaelyn Role-Players
Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) (/showthread.php?tid=6631)

Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - allgivenover - 03-13-2014

Lot's of news today it seems~ It's kind of snuck in there, but the patch release date is the 27th.

Quote:Letter from the Producer, LV (03/13/2014)
Hello again, to all of you FFXIVers out there! It feels like it's been ages since I've put my virtual pen to paper, and I couldn't bear going another day without delivering my fifty-fifth Letter from the Producer.

We hit the ground running in January, sparing no effort to put the XIV in 2014, and it's as if we're preparing for launch all over again. I haven't had time to run the Binding Coil for two whole weeks now, and a full set of Allagan gear continues to elude me.

But enough about me, let's talk about what's going on with FFXIV. I'm sure many of you were happy to see the game made available via Steam on February 18, and with the Japanese release of the PlayStation®4 on February 22, we also began beta testing for the PlayStation®4 version of FFXIV. Looking to the near future, we're preparing for Game Developers Conference 2014 in San Francisco, the F.A.T.E. in Sapporo event where we'll be broadcasting the next LIVE letter, and last but certainly not least, the upcoming release of Patch 2.2 - Through the Maelstrom.

Before I continue, I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone who participated in the first phase of the PlayStation®4 version beta test. We received an incredible amount of valuable feedback, particularly regarding key issues with resolution and UI size. The team is working hard to reflect as much of your input as we can, and we look forward to even wider participation in the second phase set to commence on April 4. Players looking to use their existing characters on the PS4 are sure to find plenty to enjoy.

To revisit an important subject, I realize that since patch 2.16, a number of Worlds on certain data centers have encountered problems with extremely high server loads, requiring frequent maintenances to improve stability. The server team continues to devote every effort to improving server stability and concurrency, in preparation for the future implementation of individual player housing. These server improvements will be implemented with patch 2.2, and we ask for your patience as we continue to address these issues.

Speaking of patch 2.2, I've just about finished my final checks, and the team is putting the finishing touches on the many new features being added with this update. As a matter of fact, I'd like to show you one of those new systems right now─glamours. By using a glamour prism, you can project the look of one piece of gear onto another, allowing you to freely change your appearance without affecting your stats...

<continued at http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/152555>

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - allgivenover - 03-13-2014

A noteworthy excerpt~

Quote:Other features coming in patch 2.2 include master recipe books for crafters, gardening for free company estates, new hair styles, retainer ventures, big fishing, a challenge log, new mounts, and more. Disciples of War and Magic may also want to dust off their relic weapons if they aren't still using them, as an opportunity to unlock their true powers will present itself.

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Kage - 03-13-2014

I guess my friends who told another who just got their 3rd-4th 50 job to just get Titan's Axe of Crags before getting the relic should have just waited.

I wonder if this means Zenith+1? It makes more sense to do that, why would you make another i90 or so relic when you have Zenith etc?

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Evie - 03-13-2014

Hope I'm not the only one looking forward to the new fishing stuff!

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Edgar - 03-13-2014

Quote:That said, glamours can be used as follows:
  • They can be used on all gear the same or lower equipment level than your current gear.

• After using a glamour prism, the gear being copied can be entrusted to your retainer.

• As long as the base gear and the gear being copied occupy the same number of gear slots, you can copy the appearance of any gear equippable by your current class or job.

Quote:It may seem a little tricky at first, but it's actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. You can even copy the appearance of gear that's been dyed. With this update, players will finally be free to follow the various fashion trends of Eorzea.

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Sounsyy - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 10:08 AM)ExKage Wrote: I guess my friends who told another who just got their 3rd-4th 50 job to just get Titan's Axe of Crags before getting the relic should have just waited.

I wonder if this means Zenith+1? It makes more sense to do that, why would you make another i90 or so relic when you have Zenith etc?
I believe the note about new relics was about the anticipated Relic 2 weapons to go with the new AF2 gear coming out. This gear is going to be a higher item level than anything currently in game.

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Lost River - 03-13-2014

*foams at the mouth and falls over on the ground convulsing* WHUT!?! Awesome!

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Lizzo - 03-13-2014

[Image: tumblr_mogfc5oJbS1r3kkyco1_400.gif]

RE: Letter from the Producer LV(3/13/2014) - Clover - 03-14-2014

FSDFDSGDFDHG
I'm not ready! *Must finally level weaver to 50 before the update arrives.*

I'm excited all the same, though. Can't wait for the new Live Letter.