Hydaelyn Role-Players
Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. (/showthread.php?tid=6639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Erik Mynhier - 03-14-2014

Seriously you know who you are. You only halfway read my current story and are always up my ass. Please stop, ok. Now if it happens again you're going on the Blist. I have asked you to stop. I like how you RP but the constant blind lawful good stuff needs to be dialed back. So knock it off, I am not going to be arrested and stripped of title or whatever you are doing. As I told someone tonight its faith, rp only works if we all agree. No one agrees that you are going to interrogate or arrest or have me kicked out of the Sworn. Its my PC and I'm the only one that can do that.

I have talked this over with many mutual friends in the past, and to you ooc about this. So get the hint. No names, you know who you are, just back off.

P.S. Why did you lock up my officer? She was being held by a sex trafficker and you lock her up because her pimp was threatened by me for threatening the Sultana in public? How does that make sense? So he make a verbal threat to the Sultana so you pay him off, arrest the victim, and threaten me? A Sworn reacting to a threat to the Sultan? What?

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Erik Mynhier - 03-14-2014

Also, as I begin to add people to my FC, please leave them alone. Our initiation does not include a night in irons.

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Ignacius - 03-14-2014

While I think this is a fairly reasonable way to air your grievances, I can't help but admire the blind tenacity.  It's hard to play a cop these days.

Still, you do kind of need evidence to do that sort of thing.  If he's interrogating and arresting people who haven't done anything wrong yet, that's a bit more than lawful good.

If you're an outright criminal wanted by the law and drop into a town (except for maybe Limsa) IC, well, you kind of get what you're asking for.  We had a year-long spate between my biker gang on my WoW Alliance biker gang, a criminal gang in Stormwind, and the Stormwind City Guard.  Being a criminal does put you on the fringe of society.

All purely IC observations, of course, if he's doing it to intentionally OOCly harass you, give me his name and I'll Blist him.

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Magellan - 03-14-2014

But... but.... I am the LAW in Eorzea! And any who resist my attempts at arrest are godmodders, meta-gamers, and have poor hygiene!

Hehheh, j/k :0)

I've been there too. I once witnessed a player flip OOC when someone didn't want to involve themselves in an arrest attempt. They then proceeded to post a wanted poster (again, without the 'criminal's' permission) in an attempt to heckle the other player I guess.

Some people really don't understand that rp is a 2-way street. Its about shared story, not 'my story trumps yours'.

@ Ignacius: Without OOC agreement, I am never obligated to acknowledge that someone is a lawman trying to arrest me. Its not hard to play a lawman... if you ask. It is hard to play one if you constantly barge in on other people's scenes.

(03-14-2014, 08:27 AM)Magellan Wrote: But... but.... I am the LAW in Eorzea! And any who resist my attempts at arrest are godmodders, meta-gamers, and have poor hygiene!

Hehheh, j/k :0)

I've been there too. I once witnessed a player flip OOC when someone didn't want to involve themselves in an arrest attempt. They then proceeded to post a wanted poster (again, without the 'criminal's' permission) in an attempt to heckle the other player I guess.

Some people really don't understand that rp is a 2-way street. Its about shared story, not 'my story trumps yours'.
To be fair, some people post that stuff in their (what is the version of MRP here?) about being "wanted by the law for XX gold bullion" or whatever without really considering what that means.

On the other half, a lot of people play cops without really considering that their power isn't universal, that they can't magically know who is who and where they are, or that being The Lawâ„¢ is a relatively dangerous job where you have to play by a specific set of rules that your opponents don't.

Just do what I do if the law annoys you!  Find the people he loves, kidnap them, and start skinning off their tattoos and mailing them to the police!

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Magellan - 03-14-2014

O_o

*backs slowly away from thread* (and by slow I mean fast!)

(03-14-2014, 08:37 AM)Magellan Wrote: O_o

*backs slowly away from thread* (and by slow I mean fast!)

B...but wait!  I have rolos still in the package!  *chases*

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Dogberry - 03-14-2014

Ignacius confirmed as Mr. Blonde.

(03-14-2014, 08:43 AM)Dogberry Wrote: Ignacius confirmed as Mr. Blonde.

All you can do is pray for a quick death.... which you ain't gonna get....

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Vash - 03-14-2014

(03-14-2014, 08:47 AM)Ignacius Wrote:

[youtube]BqihaEPq_lY[/youtube]
All I gotta say to that!

(03-14-2014, 08:58 AM)Vash Wrote:
(03-14-2014, 08:47 AM)Ignacius Wrote:

[youtube]BqihaEPq_lY[/youtube]
All I gotta say to that!

My motto!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

Oh yeah, and because it's mandatory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Kage - 03-14-2014

The thread seems to have gotten a little off course, but I'll still comment on the situation Erik.

From what I gather of your post about arrest/interrogation, perhaps the character misunderstood what was going on or perhaps they're corrupt?

Of course while I do try to respect people's characters and their own 'authority' if it is constantly causing you grievances, my best opinion is that you completely stop acknowledging their 'authority'. If it cannot be worked out through RP or OOCly, blacklist may be the best solution for you and yours.

(03-14-2014, 10:25 AM)ExKage Wrote: The thread seems to have gotten a little off course, but I'll still comment on the situation Erik.

From what I gather of your post about arrest/interrogation, perhaps the character misunderstood what was going on or perhaps they're corrupt?

Of course while I do try to respect people's characters and their own 'authority' if it is constantly causing you grievances, my best opinion is that you completely stop acknowledging their 'authority'. If it cannot be worked out through RP or OOCly, blacklist may be the best solution for you and yours.

Well, I don't know much about the situation, but I'm sort of reserving my opinion until I have more information.  I don't know an awful lot about the Balmung scene.  One of two things is happening.  If Erik is a well-known criminal, keeps dropping into a major town he's wanted in, and expecting local authorities to ignore him, that's probably on him.

Odds are that's not the case from what we've heard, since he's apparently harassing completely new FC members (which begs the question of how this cop knows they're in the FC by IC means) and may be violating his jurisdiction (I'm not sure there's a recognition of authority, or even extradition treaty, between the major empires).

Your best friend in confronting the "law" is to use the very real statement, "Not here, copper, you touch me and I'll have you arrested here."

But I can't make that assumption with the information I have.  All I know is that the individual nation-states are politically separated, so there is, as far as I know, no overarching authority that spans their authority.  So while someone from another city MAY come with a warrant for your arrest somewhere else, there is absolutely no reason another city-state should agree to honor it.  There's even less guarantee that a local authority would even know where you are.

Even the cops can't godmod.

RE: Will you PLEASE stop trying to arrest me. - Kage - 03-14-2014

Well the thing is, Erik's not even close to being a criminal. It sounds like another person playing as a Flame/Brass Blade/Paladin/Sultansworn?? is working against another Sultansworn and Flames character Erik.

So two cops essentially. @_@ With one apparently trying to use their own authority that so far people have respected, to start going down lines that clash horribly with others' authority.

(03-14-2014, 11:07 AM)ExKage Wrote: Well the thing is, Erik's not even close to being a criminal. It sounds like another person playing as a Flame/Brass Blade/Paladin/Sultansworn?? is working against another Sultansworn and Flames character Erik.

So two cops essentially. @_@ With one apparently trying to use their own authority that so far people have respected, to start going down lines that clash horribly with others' authority.

I think it would be best to remind him that to arrest someone they have to have done something wrong.  And you have to have evidence of it.  If Erik isn't doing anything illegal, he can't arrest him.