Hydaelyn Role-Players
Breaking in...? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Breaking in...? (/showthread.php?tid=6651)

Breaking in...? - Austratus - 03-15-2014

OK, there's a bit of double meaning to this one.

Firstly, now that I've gone and established my first cap on Gilgamesh, I'm slowly easing myself into the idea of getting into an FC to hopefully network a little more. While I'm not particularly new at getting into and/or being in an established group, I feel a bit intimidated about it, especially between thoughts of how I'm going to progress through the endgame. I figure an RPFC would make both processes less stressful in the long run, given some of my experiences with-- ahem, supergroups to be laid back and forgiving when it comes to actual game content.

But, this segues into the other half of this--again, thanks to my other experiences, I've always had the mindset of "a group base/house is supposed to be private". With XIV having these very open, accessible guildhalls, it's difficult for me to figure out whether I should risk going into a place uninvited to introduce myself, get some RP going, etc.

Hence the reason why I've been skulking outside the Drifters' place every so often.

RE: Breaking in...? - Adolar - 03-15-2014

Hello. I've seen your skulking around but I've never really got around with meeting you ICly. Would be more than glad to have Adolar meet you next time I catch you. Also our FC house is open to everyone so don't be afraid to enter and join the chaos. Tongue

If you're looking for some decent FCs, I could invite you into the Coalition OOC LSs where you can meet some fellow RPers and sort of window shop for an FC that fits your character. Our OOC Driftwood LS is also open to non-FCers as well and we've got some space open right now.

Just shoot me a /tell ingame and I'll help you out. Big Grin

RE: Breaking in...? - Austratus - 03-15-2014

Good! That makes me feel better.
That Coalition invite would be a big help, too-- I did post to the LS thread a while back, as well, but hopefully soon I can catch you or someone for it.

RE: Breaking in...? - 4wheel - 03-17-2014

In addition to that, the little house just next door is the Shade FC's bar.  We made it with the intention of it being a little place for RP'ers to gather and have a few drinks among friends.  She's pretty much always open, though she may not always be staffed.

RE: Breaking in...? - Braddock - 03-22-2014

You are always more than welcome to come into Driftwood's hall!  We are looking to have more officers and members hang out there to RP or craft, so you are never a bother.

If you ever see Arry Dresdyn there, make sure to give him some bacon! .... he likes bacon.

You can possibly find Framboise Zakuro there too.  She's a great healer though a little shy.  Good cook though!

And of course, you more than likely will find Fitz guarding the door.

Either way, send us a tell, walk up and chat, RP, etc.  We will never turn anyone away (of course, unless we're already busy or something heh)