Hydaelyn Role-Players
Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=6686)

Pages: 1 2

Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Melodia - 03-19-2014

Rurutani walked down the streets of Ul'dah and breathed in the air with a wave of nostalgia. It had been months since he had left for Gridania and his training at the Archer's Guild. As he had completed the training, he had felt a bit lost. What was he going to do now? He never felt entirely at home in Gridania, always an outsider. So he had made the fateful decision to return home to Ul'dah. He knew there would be painful memories, questions to be answered, and perhaps added risk to his life, but it was the right decision. He was a Lalafell and his home would always be in the deserts of Thanalan. Besides....he had questions of his own that needed to be answered. And he needed closure. He needed to know Nonotano, his elder brother, was dead and lying at the bottom of Nophica's Wells.

He had found that closure denied when he was unable to find any remnants of his brother's body when he had searched.

As he walked through Ul'dah he was deep in thought as he tried to discern what was wrong with him. Why was he struggling so much to find some inner peace? He considered the question a moment as the voices of passerbys and others in the city surrounded him and then it dawned on him. His eyes widened and he allowed himself the luxury of soft smile. He realized his problem was that he was a lonely man. For months and what felt like years, he had been alone in the world. He had worked so hard to help his mother and sister after his father had died that he had not taken much time to make any friends or look for a sense of purpose for himself. His purpose had been them. And when Nonotano had robbed him of that purpose, he had been aimless. He had trained, but to what end?

He realized he was deeply alone and while it pained him to know this, he resolved to make a change. He made for the Quicksand with haste, as he knew there were always groups of folks there with an adventurous spirit. Rurutani knew in his heart that he needed to find others he could work with. Not just to aid on occasion, but to truly be a part of something. He needed to find others who also had the sense of justice and the want to help others as he did.

Perhaps then he would find some sense of peace and a newfound purpose again.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Kage - 03-19-2014

Kage meandered about the inn room, collecting his items and equipment needed for the day. Not that much was needed, he would just be going out into the table and bar area for some rest. He had just finished his trials and was anxiously awaiting the news of his passing. He was sure he would pass the Trial of Loyalty. How could he not? He grimaced as he reached for his shield and his sword, gritting his teeth as he stretched his sore shoulder.

He rubbed a hand through his hair before rubbing his face with both. Everything seemed to revolve around the Sultansworn and his friends, but a couple of them were doing the Sultansworn things or... well he was honestly worried about Roen. She had been looking worse and worse each day but she kept carrying on. Kage didn't know what to do about it so he hoped that she would open up, but he didn't want to pry. Going to Natalie would just open up further ways for her to help him grow, not that he minded... Too much.

Kage opened the door and left, locking the room. He would still be using it after all, but he decided that at least some mulled tea was in order. Perhaps some stuffed cabbages and an ale might relieve the shoulder ache.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Melodia - 03-19-2014

As Rurutani entered the Quicksand, he was overwhelmed by the number of people sitting and standing, talking with one another in hushed tones at one table, and louder ones near the railing around the center of the large establishment. The lighting was dimmer in here, and thus his eyes needed to adjust after coming in from the bright sunlight. The cool air inside was welcoming and was blended with a scented combination of wine and meat.

He walked slowly, with his head down and looked for an open table to sit at, as he felt awkward standing about. He saw a smaller table near the main counter area and decided it would do. As he sat down, Rurutani breathed deeply and looked around. There were so many people coming and going it was hard to keep track of who was who. There looked to be so many different types of folks, he wasn't sure who he should even talk to. Would they even want to talk to him? He didn't seem to look like the battle hardened veteran that some of the people here did.

He sighed and considered ordering a drink to relax his nerves a bit.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Steel Wolf - 03-19-2014

Steel had gotten a bit tired of waiting.  Her joints were beginning to complain at the posture she had, leaning against a railing on the outside edge of the recessed floor of the Quicksand's tables.  She had heard that Kage was here, training to be a Sultansworn or some such.  She was curious.  Or nosy.  Or intrigued that a Lalafell would openly want the physical rigors of the life of a Paladin.

She had no compunctions about how she felt about the Sultansworn--in fact, she was beginning to resent the order--but if it was her friend's wiish, she was in no position to talk him down.  Still, she wanted to know his motivations.

She sighed in agitation as she pondered whether to order some cocktail to soothe the ache in her joints, when another Lalafell took a seat at a table nearby.  He looked deeply troubled, and even a bit lost, like a lamb that had just lost its mother.  Either he was new to Ul'dah, or he was the bearer of particularly bad news.  Still...just to be safe...

"Y'best not walk around this place like you've lost your coinpurse.  Rusty blades might swoop in and try t'make your woes even greater."  She offered the beleagured Lalafell a small nod and a thin, warm smile.

Rurutani gazed at the tall, female Roegadyn smiling at him and felt a small lump in his throat as he wondered if she would be the one to level the rusty blade toward him. He smiled back. "Is it that obvious?" He sighed and said with a resigned tone, "Been months since I've been back here. Feels like a lifetime and now..." He looked lost in his thoughts for nearly a full minute before focusing again.

"Appreciate the advice but no....I'm fine. Ul'dah's my home and yeah...it's a fools move on my part to walk about as if I'm some tourist. I'll be sure to keep my wits about me."

He then paused a moment and then looked her again and asked "Excuse me...I shuld have introduced myself. I'm Rurutani. And I am curious....you know anywhere a skilled archer might be of use around here?"

Kage mused to himself if he'd see any of his friends or make any new ones. His friends were constantly opening up to new people and he'd started to wonder if he knew half of them in the linkshell. Perhaps he'd extend his help and friendship, and that of his own friends, to someone in the future by just meeting them today. He walked to the counter, dropping some of his gil to order some mulled tea and stuffed cabbage. He gave the proprietor a grin as he took the plate and cup in hand.

Looking about the place he spotted a somewhat familiar Lalafell whom he had met in passing in Quicksand some time ago but was unable to get to know him well enough and a female Roegadyn speaking to each other. It seemed like there was some space for at least another and he approached them.

"Hello, may I join you two? It looks a bit crowded elsewhere."

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Evie - 03-19-2014

S'indira Jihn was also on her way to the Quicksands. She normally avoided Ul'dah and Thanalan, to many destroyed memories. Her tribe had been from the area, led by a stronge, though yet slightly paranoid, Nunh. Yet it had all been destroyed when he'd dragged the tribe to fight in the calamity. Slaughtered was a nice way to put it when she tried to describe that night out on the plains of Certeneau, which is why she choose not to talk about it. Nightmares were the only result of remembering that night and so she'd pushed it away, refusing to talk of it, assuming that no one had survived but herself. They'd all agreed to meet at a specific location on the outside of the field, and once the retreat had sounded, no one else showed up. And then, she didn't remember anything about how the battle truly ended. They'd won at least that's what she'd concluded, the empire had been pushed back at least and the land hadn't been leveled by whatever weapon that they'd brought along. But to her, the cost had been to high. She'd been left alone, tribeless, the worse possible thing for a sun miqo'te in her opinion.

Going back to her tribe's home in Thanalan had led to the discovery that the village deserted, empty. All of the fighting females had gone with the Nunh and Tias to the fight, leaving only a few women behind to care for the younglings. There were no bodies, so she could only assume they were either captured or had merged with another tribe when it was known that no one was returning. She was alone. She'd tried to find another tribe to join, but as a lone miqo'te no one wanted her, thinking she'd been exiled for some crime. And so she'd been wandering alone for years, still searching for any survivors of her tribe, picking up any odd jobs that would put food on her plate, before finally calling of her own search and leaving Thanalan all together.

But now she was back and at the Quicksand, all because she'd heard a rumor about a male miqo'te going by the name of Salem Nunh had been seen there. His description eerily matched that of S'alem Tia, one of the males from her tribe that had been at Certeneau with her. She was probably only causing herself more pain, but she had to know for sure. She had to find out that someone at least made it out of that hell alive.

Taking a deep breath she steps into the Tavern, determined to find him if he was still alive.

Rurutani heard the request to join and looked over at the other Lalafell and smiled. He remembered this face, though it'd been some time since he last saw the man. He'd run into him in this very establishment and the irony of meeting again here was not lost on him.

"Small world" he said to himself and then nodded to the other Lalafell and said "Please do....though we're not together" as he gestured to the female Roe. He then added "But she can join us if she likes," as he glanced back at her smiled.

Kage glanced to her giving a small nod, putting his tea down and giving a wave as well. He put the plate down, quickly eating it before taking a small sip of tea. "What brings you both here? Just some down time, or want some ale?"

His eyes wandered about the Quicksand, trying to see if he spotted any familiar Miqo'te around. He found himself having quite a large amount of Miqo'te friends and a lot of times he could at least find one of them here. Quick and fast, his eyes returned to the two in front of him though he did see another Miqo'te enter the Quicksand, though she was not one of Kage's friends.

Rurutani looked at the other Lalafell, who seemed to be looking about the establishment, and wondered what he was looking for. The man seemed tired to him, and he was curious as to why he looked so.

"You look tired. You look like you could also use a drink." Rurutani gestured to the nearby server and ordered two pints of ale, unsure if the female Roe would join them or not. He looked at the Lalafell and leaned in closer. "Well, friend...my name's Rurutani, native of the city of Ul'dah. And who might you be?"

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Evie - 03-20-2014

She looked around the establishment, wrinkling her nose at the smell of alcohol combined with unwashed bodies, some of the patrons were clearly not so fastidious when it came to their cleanliness. The place was packed many of the tables crowded with rowdy patrons, laughing at jokes and stories while enjoying a pint.

She removes her lance and leaves it at the desk with the inn keep. Trying to wade through the crowds with such a large weapon would be probably create quite an issue. She kept her dagger at her side though just in case. Squeezing between people, she'd pause at each table, making inquiries as to whether the occupants had seen or heard of a Miqo'te going by the name of "S'alem Nunh."

Eventually she makes it around the room to the table with the two Lalafells and the Roegadyn.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Kage - 03-20-2014

Kage smiled, sipping some tea and glancing at the ale, grinning before answering, "My name's Kage." He continued, "I'm from the Thanalan area myself, only permanently moved here to Ul'dah recently."

He could not help his eyes wandering about the Quicksand, even though he knew it was rude. He always loved seeing his friends here and opening his circle of friends to others always appealed to him. He gave his head a little shake, pinching his brows a bit answering Rurutani, "Oh no... Just been an interesting moon."

Kage's interest piqued, overhearing the word "Salem" through noise by Quicksand's occupants. He heard it again, closer, seeing a Miqo'te asking for his friend. When she approached he was wary but also very curious. 

"Hello, miss?" He was not sure why anyone was looking for his friend, but he didn't want to put Salem in danger if this was it. After all, it was only about one moon since Salem became... different. To say the least.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Evie - 03-20-2014

"Forgive my intrusion sirs, madam." She said giving the table a small bow. "I am inquiring after a friend of mine, a former tribemate. He goes by the name of S'alem Nunh now it seems. He commonly favored the lance, though that was years ago."

She proceeds to describe the Miqo'te as one with dark black hair and mismatched eyes. "If you've seen or heard of him, I'd appreciate any help you can give." She looked desperate for hope. This was the last table and if no one had ever heard of him, then it was yet another dead end in the search for her tribe.

((OOC: Not sure if Salem has changed his character look again XD))

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Melodia - 03-20-2014

Rurutani looked at the female Miqo'te inquiring about the whereabouts of someone named S'alem Nunh, and was concerned about her. She appeared to be distressed, and so he decided to inquire.

"Madame....would you like a seat? Maybe we can discuss further? While I've been away for some time from these parts, maybe if we had a bit more information, we might be able to help?

He looked at Miqo'te and smiled, trying to assure her that he was being honest in what he had said, that he genuinely wanted to help.

RE: Seeking Solace (Interactive- Any IC Welcome) - Kage - 03-20-2014

Kage was concerned now. Oh, this S'alem definitely sounded like his friend Salem to him. He smiled at the Miqo'te, nodding along with Rurutani and motioning for her to sit down. He wanted to know about this. Out of concern and curiosity. He also did not like seeing people in need not get any sort of help, and if this was not Salem, it was not like it was time wasted.

"Is he one of the shorter Miqo'te males around? The dark hair a purple shade of sorts?" Kage knew that Salem had changed in appearance somewhat since the Cain incident but he did not know by how much he might have changed since his battles alongside other Miqo'te, and the Dragoon Cain.

Kage scratched at his goatee and said, "I -might- know of whom you're seeking. He sounds like a good friend of mine that I made here in the Quicksand. He's changed recently though in appearance because of certain events in his life. I didn't think he had much skill before with lances until recently though..."

((I'm staring at his lodestone right now and based on when I saw him on Monday he hasn't~ But oh god I already forgot what he looked like pre-cain ;A; Like his hair. But his tail is shorter now >:o ))