Hydaelyn Role-Players
Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) (/showthread.php?tid=6689)

Pages: 1 2

Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Kage - 03-19-2014

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/20sqar/dengenki_online_article_with_yoship_regarding/
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/824/824505/

Quote:News about Phantasia potions during the PLL the 21st
[*]More retainers via micro transactions
Mirage Prism
  • Even blue items like Allagan gear can be changed.
Zodiak weapons
  • Simply put, it's relic weapons being reforged. We expect the quest to take some time to complete.
  • Incremental improvements in 2.25, 2.3, etc.
  • Most people probably won't have even completed the quest by the time 2.25 rolls arund
  • Eventually, it will have customisable stats
  • Unlike the current system where you get ultimate weapons from tokens or drops, we plan for this to be a 3rd route where you can nurture/cultivate it to your preference
Tomes
  • No more Philosophy after 2.2
  • Myth will take Philosophy's place
  • There will be an NPC around to trade Phil for Myth.
Gear
  • DL will become dungeon drops
  • il70 from high level dungeons
  • il80 from CT
  • il90 from Bahamut
  • other stuff exchanged via new Tomes
Content
  • roadmap for the next 2 years has been planned
  • most pre-production and concept work for 3.0 is complete and they're moving into production now

LIVE LETTER PHANTASIA UPDATE?? Big Grin??

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Melodia - 03-19-2014

I am excited about the Zodiak weapons! I like the idea of some time being needed to work on a decent weapon. Smile Thank you for sharing!

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Dogberry - 03-19-2014

Looks like I got my sparkly kittyboppers just in time!

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Steel Wolf - 03-19-2014

Bugger me....well, either I am choosing WAR as my prime class at just the right time, or I'm further behind the curve than normal.  XD

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Ignacius - 03-19-2014

(03-19-2014, 11:27 AM)ExKage Wrote: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/20sqar/dengenki_online_article_with_yoship_regarding/
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/824/824505/
Quote:[*]Content
  • roadmap for the next 2 years has been planned
  • most pre-production and concept work for 3.0 is complete and they're moving into production now
[*]

Jesus, Square's earning that 15$ a month, aren't they?  Even WoW wasn't cranking out major content this fast, not to mention it all working well.

Given how bad the original FFXIV flopped, Square has pretty much earned my respect back.  Kudos to them for having some dignity for their profession and for valuing our money.

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Kage - 03-19-2014

(03-19-2014, 11:50 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Bugger me....well, either I am choosing WAR as my prime class at just the right time, or I'm further behind the curve than normal.  XD

Do not worry about what pace you're at, just be happy with it! :<

And seriously it looks like they're really serious about Content Patches every 3ish months. If I remember correctly they wanted a year+ before 3.0. It's looking goooood.

I'll probably not have Zodiak. I'm struggling to take down Ex primals and haven't touched any of the HM dungeons.

(03-19-2014, 11:59 AM)ExKage Wrote:
(03-19-2014, 11:50 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Bugger me....well, either I am choosing WAR as my prime class at just the right time, or I'm further behind the curve than normal.  XD

I'll probably not have Zodiak. I'm struggling to take down Ex primals and haven't touched any of the HM dungeons.

We can tackle the Zodiaks together! Thumbsup

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Steel Wolf - 03-19-2014

(03-19-2014, 12:02 PM)Rurutani Wrote:
(03-19-2014, 11:59 AM)ExKage Wrote:

We can tackle the Zodiaks together! Thumbsup
Brilliant! 

I...uh...still have to get the Rawrior to snuff though.  X3

And yes, I agree, the pacing of the patches is brilliant.  Me likey.

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Edgar - 03-19-2014

I'm...gonna go cap my philosophy tomes.

(03-19-2014, 12:42 PM)Edgar Wrote: I'm...gonna go cap my philosophy tomes.
For what? I doubt that they're going to do 1:1 phlo/myth exchange?

I've been Philo capped for the past two months.  XD  I doubt that the exchange rate will be 1:1....but it'd be pretty damn nice if it was, heheh.

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Clover - 03-19-2014

Reading that the quest for the next weapon is close to impossible makes me nervous @_@
I hope I won't fail too much.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this update. SE counts on my support for a long while, that's certain.

RE: Interview with Yoshi-P (Dengeki / r/ffxiv bare TL) - Edgar - 03-19-2014

(03-19-2014, 12:44 PM)ExKage Wrote:
Even if it's 15:1, that's still myths in the bank. I have no reason not to cap philosophy.

(03-19-2014, 01:45 PM)Edgar Wrote:
Even if it's 15:1, that's still myths in the bank. I have no reason not to cap philosophy.
I'm just curious as to why this news made it seem like you suddenly wanted to do it. No offense meant, just was really curious by the sudden idea of it since I'm always getting tomes.

Except myth cause of weekly cap.

(03-19-2014, 01:45 PM)Edgar Wrote:
I agree with this ^^. Maxing out and holding seems like a reasonable way to go. Unless.....get the DL gear for a second job so not having wait for drops? Hmmmm.....now I'm torn! But that makes it fun! Smile