Hydaelyn Role-Players
Glamours and Gear Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Glamours and Gear Preview (/showthread.php?tid=6697)

Pages: 1 2

Glamours and Gear Preview - Kannadi - 03-20-2014

Show Content

03/20/2014 7:35 AM
Glamours and Gear Preview (03/20/2014)

An adventurer's journey is a never-ending one, as they quest for greater spoils to better arm themselves against the dangers of Eorzea. Today's patch preview offers a peek at Gerolt's masterworks and the new Glamours system, allowing players to gain both the power they desire and a style to match.
Show Content

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Melodia - 03-20-2014

Will have to wait to see the images at home....(thanks a lot, work pc! Frustrated).

Thank you for posting! Smile

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Kage - 03-20-2014

I KNEW THAT TANK STUFF IS THE NEW TOMES STUFF T_T
/welp

Interesting update about the glamor system, pretty much just confirming the inkling suspicion I had about whether or not you can use one item to be used as the appearance of others.

[Image: a1585905092f4cd0fcf95239489bb85da7227deb_7.png]
Is it just me or was I under the impression that these were the new Allagan drops? The tank one certainly looks like the concept art I'd seen for Heavy Allagan Armor.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Clover - 03-20-2014

I'm very excited about all those new robes!
I clearly need for Clover's RP to become more epic so that she can wear them ICly *laughs*.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Erik Mynhier - 03-20-2014

I ignored my myth gear for the longest time because its ugly to me. No need now, I can just make it look like my AF or IFlame uniform. I just hope there is something that can be done about that glowing weapon thing.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Arianne Beaudonet - 03-20-2014

I'm glad to see they are putting in some kind of appearance option. It's kind of a staple in most MMO's these days, even if it takes them a bit to get around to implementing it. That said, I'm looking forward to both the new gear and the glamours, though admittedly I am a bit confused by how the glamours work at the moment. I'm more of a hands-on kind of girl so I'm sure once it's in game, I'll figure it out quickly. Laugh

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Edgar - 03-20-2014

I fucking love the red and blacks involved in the new allagan gear. Looks so amazing.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Sophia_Grave - 03-20-2014

All those people who farmed Odin for Herklaedi are gonna be mighty salty

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Ildur - 03-20-2014

Everything nice and dandy except this part:

Quote:Quest Requirements
To unlock Glamours, players must first complete the following quest. Upon completion, the action Cast Glamour will appear under General Actions in the Actions and Traits interface.

Quest Name
A Self-improving Man
Required Level
Level 50
Quest Location
Mor Dhona (X:22, Y:6) - Wiscard

For duck sake. I already knew the glamour system was designed with end-game play in mind, but this is ridicolous. We can't glamour things while we level up. This has to be the most annoying and arbitrary restriction they have implemented yet.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Steel Wolf - 03-20-2014

I am right there with ya.  This company's delight in making the most basic features of MMO gaming--or of gaming in general--locked behind some steampunk-level machination of gears and nonsense just blows my freaking mind.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Mewnie - 03-21-2014

I heard about the Glamour system and was all excited about coming back, as being able to tailor my characters appearance is a big thing for me.

Then I see you have to be level 50 to do it Sad

What a load of bull. I'll stick to the games I'm currently playing. It's pretty pretty dress up for end game raiders so they don't end up looking like a bowl of Skittles.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Sophia_Grave - 03-21-2014

I don't see what the big deal is. Pre-50 players swap out equipment every few levels, which makes fumbling around with glamour annoying. Crafters ought to have something else other than housing to work with, because SE is obviously not going for competitive crafter armor. And for us roleplayers, we level characters just to wear a specific set as it is then never level them again. For all intents and purposes, the character is done at that level; they don't need to glamour because they can just wear the real thing since RP'ers hardly ever progress with side characters.

From where I'm standing, nothing has changed, aside from Mor Dhona and raids being a lot less samey and crafters actually having something to do. If they can turn a completely system-side mechanic and hand it over to the community as an in-game mechanic, I think they should go for it personally.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Braddock - 03-22-2014

(03-20-2014, 07:52 PM)Ildur Wrote: Everything nice and dandy except this part:

Quote:Quest Requirements
To unlock Glamours, players must first complete the following quest. Upon completion, the action Cast Glamour will appear under General Actions in the Actions and Traits interface.

Quest Name
A Self-improving Man
Required Level
Level 50
Quest Location
Mor Dhona (X:22, Y:6) - Wiscard

For duck sake. I already knew the glamour system was designed with end-game play in mind, but this is ridicolous. We can't glamour things while we level up. This has to be the most annoying and arbitrary restriction they have implemented yet.

Yes, this is frustrating.

I wanted to check out the Hildebrand quests but found out .. had to beat the main story.  I did eventually with help from my FC mates and friends, but things like this ... the glamour ... should be available to everyone.

Also, I am guessing that there are some limitations to this?

See if I can explain what I mean.

RPly, Fitz wears glasses, a head item.  But I want him to have the best armor on, which for a PLD is the trashcan (gear that is chest and locks out head)

So even if I use the glamour to put say, the skin of the Cobalt armor onto my chest piece (so the graphic shows my head) and I put on glasses, the chest pops off?

If so, disappointing but I'll live.
=====
(03-21-2014, 10:53 PM)Apl_Juice Wrote: I don't see what the big deal is. Pre-50 players swap out equipment every few levels, which makes fumbling around with glamour annoying. Crafters ought to have something else other than housing to work with, because SE is obviously not going for competitive crafter armor. And for us roleplayers, we level characters just to wear a specific set as it is then never level them again. For all intents and purposes, the character is done at that level; they don't need to glamour because they can just wear the real thing since RP'ers hardly ever progress with side characters.

From where I'm standing, nothing has changed, aside from Mor Dhona and raids being a lot less samey and crafters actually having something to do. If they can turn a completely system-side mechanic and hand it over to the community as an in-game mechanic, I think they should go for it personally.

That is true.  Pre-50 players do go through armor sets, but that should not be a factor to keep people who find a set they like not be able to use it as a glamour!

Heck, in my 40s I loved my cobalt set.  Even in my teens or so I had some sets I loved to wear RPly.  So why do I need to be forced to be level 50 and beat the main story?  This is more a side thing than something that continues after the Main Scenario.

It's a person's choice if they want to use it or not, so having it available at level 15 or so (like getting retainers) would be a better option IMO.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Kage - 03-25-2014

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/153873-Glamours-and-Gear-Preview-%2803-20-2014%29?p=1972328&viewfull=1#post1972328

Quote:We spoke to the development team about this, but they currently do not have any plans to modify this [odin] armor to fit the Glamours system.

AHAHAHAHA.... why

The odin armor is -just- for vanity. It has no other uses but for vanity.
And yet, no plans?!

The fuck.

RE: Glamours and Gear Preview - Aldotsk - 03-25-2014

It's probably because Odin's armor takes like four slots of your armor sets. They did say that one slot based armor cannot be glamouring two slot based armor (like a non-hooded robe cannot glamour the robe attached with a hood)