Hydaelyn Role-Players
Zhavi Streetrunner - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Zhavi Streetrunner (/showthread.php?tid=6783)

Zhavi Streetrunner - Zhavi - 03-28-2014

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Zhavi Streetrunner
  • Primary character: Zhavi
  • Linkshells: Lominsan Society
  • Primary RP linkshell: None yet, really.

II. RP Style

Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Medium to heavy, just depends on what's going on irl. While I do send pms to those whose characters I think would do well with my own, I am always happy when someone sends me pms with rp ideas!

Also, one more thing -- I write exactly as much as I feel the rp dictates, and that goes for both forums and in game (though in game never as much as the forums). If I feel that all that is needed is a one liner, I will write a one liner. I know some people feel like it's disrespectful to write very little, but to me sometimes less is more, especially with dialogue. I don't like padding or unnecessary exposition/description/inner thoughts, and though I don't always succeed I try to cut it out of my writing as much as possible. It in no way reflects my disinterest or intended disrespect if I reply to lots of words with few words!

Views on RP combat and injuries:

I've killed characters in rp before. I've crippled characters in rp before. I generally go with what the rp dictates, so long as it makes sense (ie, within the context of the scene and the characters). Too, the longer I've known you and rped with you, the more I'm willing to go along with. That said, magic makes things funky, so I always play it out depending on what makes the most sense. People generally don't like walking around with a debilitating injury if they can help it, and Zhi is the same way.

Rping out combat is another story. I have performance anxiety when it comes to rping out combat, probably due to the fact that I know my skills at portraying fighting aren't that great. I had a guy who writes fantastic fight scenes try to teach me by doing sort of rp combat sessions with various characters, and what I took away from it is that I cannot get rid of the nerves (brain, y u no logic?!). I like challenging myself, and won't say no if a situation arises that could benefit from combat rp, but rping out one on one combat isn't something I'd like to do regularly.

Views on IC romance:

Again, as long as it makes sense. I tend to build first-time characters in any rp community with aversion to romance though, and Zhi is no exception. Still, if any character can get past her general ickiness, power to 'em!

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

Sense, again. Specifically family related, Zhi's mom is dead, she doesn't know her dad, but she could have any number of half siblings. It'd be relatively easy to work them in, should it come up in rp.

Asides from family, platonic partnerships are some of my MOST FAVORITE THINGS, EVER. EVERRRR. The trust, the banter, the subtle hints of tension that never quite go anywhere, the layers of hidden depth and complexity -- they go together to make me very happy. I don't know what it is. I've seen some phenomenal romances played out in rp, but for some reason I've always found the non-romantic partnership to be much more elusive and compelling. (not to say romantic relationships don't have that, but . . . I don't know, I'm weird?) Suffice to say that if someone offered for their character to have a long and complicated relationship with mine, or wanted to build towards that, chances are my reaction would be HELL YEAH. . . . Unless it didn't make sense. Of course. But I can be pretty inventive. Big Grin

Views on lore:

Lore comes first. That said, I am not afraid of making stuff up to fill in any blanks left by the lore, and I tend to bring in npcs like they're going out of style when I do city rp. The world is a living, breathing space, and mmos simply are not suited to showcasing that. In game representations of cities like Limsa Lominsa or Uldah are likely much smaller then they would be in actuality. There's no real reason to show the full breadth of a city in MMOs, so they usually aren't shown. When I rp, however, I like to play as if it is present, and full of interesting and varied people my character has and will likely interact with at some point.

Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

In game I keep it to /say and /em, usually. Tells and the like are ooc for me unless some exception is made for something specific.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: GMT -9 (1 hour behind pacific)
  • Contact info: PMs here or in game are the best way.