Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. (/showthread.php?tid=6787)

[Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - E'irawen - 03-28-2014

Well, uh. To be quite frank, I was working on posting the wiki entry for Ophelia's tea-tavern, Ballad's Rest. Then I realized she has no player character employees at all. The place I've been using in game for it is located in Aleport. It's a little more upscale than your usual tavern, but rest assured, everyone is welcome.

The place itself is home to tea, booze, and other questionable consumables. Aside from that, Ophelia likes to preform as a dancer/songstress (instruments of choice being her voice and a lyre/harp). 

I was hoping I could find other players who would be interested in working there and mingling?

Edit:

I'm looking for the following positions:

- Entertainers (in the form of dancers, bards, etc.)
- Waiters/Waitresses
- Tradesmen/women (Those who go out looking for new flavors and such)

I will also, in the near-ish future, be looking for a sort of secondary manager. Poor Ophelia can't run the whole shebang on her own!

*Disclaimer: I like to stick close to the lore, but I don't mind bending it a bit. That being said, I don't really have any issues if you're a bard and your songs come from another Final Fantasy or an anime or something. But please don't say you're friends with or learned it from Yuna or something. I don't really like intermingling the games together. Thank you for understanding.

You are not bound or forced to be at the location 24/7. Your own plots and things are important and I encourage you to go out and run them. Your character won't be fired or anything, just make sure you let me know if they're gone for any period of time. Big Grin

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - Siha - 03-28-2014

What times would it typically be open? I'm usually on at the times in my signature and unfortunately I'm having to find a way to RP during those times rather than my usual evenings. Now I am free during the evenings on Thursday nights and Friday nights if that helps but I'm planning to make sure I'm devoting some time to my mains, the employees I'd be able to offer you would be alts of mine. I do have a Bard as well as some characters that'd be fully willing to waitress.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - Maril - 03-28-2014

My company has a number of players that can take up work as barmaids and cooks. However, most of us are EU (GMT - GMT+1) players so I would like to ask in what hours and how often you'd want to run this? 
In the weekends some of us might be able to stay up late for example, so as to be able to RP in what'd be the early-evening-ish time for the US.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - Erik Mynhier - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 05:34 PM)Kaoru Wrote: Well, uh. To be quite frank, I was working on posting the wiki entry for Ophelia's tea-tavern, Ballad's Rest. Then I realized she has no player character employees at all. The place I've been using in game for it is located in Aleport. It's a little more upscale than your usual tavern, but rest assured, everyone is welcome.

The place itself is home to tea, booze, and other questionable consumables. Aside from that, Ophelia likes to preform as a dancer/songstress (instruments of choice being her voice and a lyre/harp). 

I was hoping I could find other players who would be interested in working there and mingling?

Siha can vouch that Ser Erik is a sucker for camomile tea. I will surely stop in.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - A'rytiss Edar - 03-28-2014

A'rytiss might be a good one, once he's free from obligation in Ul'dah. :3 would love to go there ICly if you think there'd be a way for word to reach him that you are seeking employees.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - E'irawen - 03-28-2014

There are no time restrictions to work there. The place itself is an inn and teahouse/tavern, so it's open 24/7. So it's more or less just "RP with anyone who is on at the same time as you, as you see fit"

I hope that makes sense.

@A'rytiss;  She travels off and on, so there would be a chance he'd hear either by word of mouth or some sort of flier.

I also have a linkpearl to make finding one another/communicating for RP easier.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - A'rytiss Edar - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 06:12 PM)Kaoru Wrote: There are no time restrictions to work there. The place itself is an inn and teahouse/tavern, so it's open 24/7. So it's more or less just "RP with anyone who is on at the same time as you, as you see fit"

I hope that makes sense.

@A'rytiss;  She travels off and on, so there would be a chance he'd hear either by word of mouth or some sort of flier.

I also have a linkpearl to make finding one another/communicating for RP easier.

One of A'rytiss's weaknesses is that he can't read, so I'd go the flier path. :3

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - Ciel - 03-28-2014

Ciel's a bard/songstress.  I'd be interested.

RE: [Balmung] Looking for Tea Tavern Employees and/or Bards/Songsters/etc. - E'irawen - 03-28-2014

Excellent!

I should have the wiki done for it sometime tonight. I'm working on it literally as we speak.

I'm going to edit the first post with positions that I'm looking for.

Updated the first post.

Apologies for the third post in a row but I have the wiki up now for you guys if you'd like to take a gander.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ballad%27s_Rest_Inn_%26_Teahouse