Hydaelyn Role-Players
Recreation - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Recreation (/showthread.php?tid=6823)

Pages: 1 2

Recreation - Magellan - 04-02-2014

Two part question;

What do your characters like to do for recreation, and do you ever actually do it in your rp?

For example, Riley loves to fish. She's constantly lookout for people to fish with, and actually rp it out, not just say they did it :p

Any of you all have hobbies like that?

Second question:

Anyone in Gilgamesh interested trying to set up 'sporting' events (or other forms of recreation) that could be run on a monthly basis?

My first thoughts were a Chocobo Racing Circuit, a game I'm working on called Chocoball, or carby battles done in the basement of the ACN guild. Interested parties could join my OWLs LS, and we could set up a committee. Thanks!

RE: Recreation - Eva - 04-02-2014

Eva is near-constantly knitting, and often preparing/drinking tea. This is emoted pretty often and well-known amongst those she spends time with. Thumbsup

The sporting event idea sounds like an interesting one. On Balmung in a LS I was in back in 1.0 we'd have periodic sparring matches with wooden practice weapons and the like, and that was always fun too.

RE: Recreation - Melodia - 04-02-2014

Ruru likes to hunt and travel/explore. His curiousity can get him into trouble so maybe he needs to stick to hunting (or take up fishing!).

RE: Recreation - Blue - 04-02-2014

Blue's favorite hobby is to look out of windows. She has been questioned about it before: Blade found it kind of silly. She replied that where is always something new happening out of the window, from strangers passing nearby, to a certain specific leaf leaving its branch. Who knows what goes in that head of hers...!

RE: Recreation - Magellan - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 01:51 PM)Blue Wrote: Blue's favorite hobby is to look out of windows. She has been questioned about it before: Blade found it kind of silly. She replied that where is always something new happening out of the window, from strangers passing nearby, to a certain specific leaf leaving its branch. Who knows what goes in that head of hers...!
Sounds like Blue would be good friends with my Miqo, Blueflower c:
Now, if only Blueflower would hurry up and learn how to talk...

RE: Recreation - Dogberry - 04-02-2014

Surfing, exploring, and the occasional acid flashback.

RE: Recreation - Magellan - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 02:00 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Surfing, exploring, and the occasional acid flashback.
XD

2 explorers! Exploring is always a great thing to rp out.

I never actually considered surfing. That'd be a really cool thing for SE to add to costa del sol. Roegadyns definitely would need some really big.boards though... o:

RE: Recreation - Dogberry - 04-02-2014

Longboarding forever. Dogberry's board is practically a flat canoe.

RE: Recreation - JabberwockyAi - 04-02-2014

A'rho has quite a lot of hobbies and activities, some he devotes more time to than others. These include exploring, research, collecting books (though hoarding would be more accurate), eating his brother's snacks, working with textiles, smoking, soaking in hotsprings, swimming and, when he's alone, stripping down to his skivvies and sprawling on the warmest rock to bask in the sun like a lizard. He's an absolute master at the last one.

RE: Recreation - ArmachiA - 04-02-2014

Armi likes reading. Her favorite kind of books are fiction, preferable with romance in them, about big, epic adventures and hardships to be overcome. She also reads a lot of straight up romance novels, finding the idea wistful.
She makes tea - both for medical reasons and for taste - and tries to keep up on the latest herbs and recipes and is always trying to make her own. She has a lot of special blends that are hers alone, secret recipes for anything from insomnia to headaches to healing bruises quicker. A good way to get to know Armi is through her tea and when she meets someone new she's quick to offer it as a way of trying to be their friend.
She writes songs. Though she has a journal her songs tend to be an outlet for her more complex emotions and that tends to be how she figures out what her emotions really are. It's not surprising if she writes a song about someone or something that's impacted her in some way.

Loki likes to fish. She's actually rather good at it and finds it relaxing. Being the second in command of the Night Blades can be a stressful endeavor sometimes.
Loki also likes to read, though her favorite books are rare books about different unfound artifacts in Eorzea. Loki used to be a treasure hunter and she loves learning about different pieces in history.
Not that she would ever admit it, but she's actually a pretty good artist and likes to sketch different things when she's bored.

RE: Recreation - John Spiegel - 04-02-2014

JJ's hobbies -- Adventuring, fighting, crafting pinwheels, kicking death's ass in a game of donkey hoop-ball, people watching.

Alex's hobbies -- Spending time with his beloved, reading (non-fiction... particularly the traditional natural sciences as he's an alchemist/botanist), rum/ale

Grace's hobbies -- Fashion mags, a good stout, sunbathing, people watching

RE: Recreation - Erik Mynhier - 04-02-2014

Erik jogs to clear head. And yes you will see him running sometimes in shorts and running shoes.

RE: Recreation - Melkire - 04-02-2014

Card games, board games, you name it, if Osric can play for winnings, he'll play. No dicing, though. There's no skill to be found there, no way to tip the odds in his favor without cheating (but if he has to cheat you, he will). Likewise for any gambling that's left up to sheer luck.

He also reads really trashy fiction novels, but he'll never own up to it. Never.

The former hobbies I've alluded to on occasion; for the latter, I need to level ACN more to get him into some vanity gear.

RE: Recreation - Oroban - 04-02-2014

Khyros reads, which he is rather open and prolific about, but he also sculpts/stonecarves, which he keeps more to himself. He has a good memory for faces, so sometimes he likes to make statuettes of people or things that catch his eye.

RE: Recreation - Merri - 04-02-2014

Merri's work is his recreation, so that's a thing. He lives for adventuring. Grabbing a handful of leves from the nearest guild and setting out on an adventure is more fun than work for him~

He does, however, have a harmonica, which he enjoys playing. Preferably alongside the more musically inclined members of his adventuring crew. So there's that, and his Magitek Engineering I suppose.