Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hiya! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hiya! (/showthread.php?tid=6836)

Hiya! - F'mibhas - 04-03-2014

I randomly stumbled upon this community while trying to find our more about the FFXIV Lore, so here I am!

MMO Experience:
There are a few. I don't play most of these any more, but in chronological order of adoption (I think!): Runescape, Last Chaos, Air Rivals (what a game!), Vindictus, now FFXIV.

RP experience:
Quite a bit more. My only experience with roleplaying in-game is in GMod (fun times), but I've done a fair bit of character/nation-based RP on other forums.

Character Ideas/Info:
That's awkward. I'm more of a seat-filler when it comes to this kind of thing, and I'd probably be best at any basic role that isn't too far from how I act in general (I tend to over-act way too much in those cases, so I try to avoid it). I like to think that I'd help any RP along, though :p

How did you learn about the coalition?
I googled "Hydaelyn" (in context of the deity), and you guys popped up!

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
In regards to how much time I'd spend actually roleplaying, pretty light (I still want to play the game! :p ), but in regards to the other stuff (i.e. from the Handbook), I'd say Heavier. The Heavy style of RP has always been something that I'd prefer, albeit I've never actually done it since I've never had someone "Heavy" to do it with (I've done D&D style stuff before, if that makes sense).

Other stuff:
I'm a Male University Student, living in the UK, doing Computer Science.
I play as a Female Mi'qote. Yes, lol. I'll make my avatar her if I can make a good-looking one.
That's about it :p

But, on a different note:
My current IG World is Odin (since it's EU). I know that the RP world is Balmug, but that's NA and a Server change away. I'd be willing to one day make the change (maybe), but it's a somewhat big investment. Obviously that means I can't do any RP in-game (which goes against half the stuff I just said), but I'll just stick around here for now.

So yeah, that's about it! Comments/Questions/etc. appreciated, and I'll be around!

RE: Hiya! - Zhavi - 04-03-2014

Hey there! I just love me some happy coincidences, glad you found the RPC. There is some forum rp here -- I can't be in game so much right now, so I read through wiki pages and the directories and sent a bunch of pms to people with characters I thought would suit mine, and now have some lovely rp with them here on the forums. So if that's up your alley, it's another way to rp for now until you're ready to server hop. Too, people are quite flexible and kind from what I've experienced, which makes setting up forum rp super easy.

(man those cat people are hard to resist, huh?)